Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Fresh my nikka and all but im dead :dead: at his explaination to who "street battlers" are and who not. he basically saying the ones who he wants to be are street battlers and the others are not. :lolbron:

And ya keep underestimating my nikka Hollow like he aint a different tier.
He battled every top tier nikka possible in every state/country possible and outside of Arsenal which was a decade ago never got killed.
Was Lux not suppose to fukk him up too?:stopitslime:
Now Roc the most one dimensional battle rapper is gonna fukk up him up?:stopitslime:

:camby:

And i dont get why nikkas dont fukk with Hollow in the Goodz battle.To me that was hollow at his best all 3 rounds. that together with his very drunk hypeman/goon fukkery makes it a personal classic.
Why are we acting like we don't know the difference between street battlers and not street battlers? Come on. People just like to argue for no reason. We know what we mean by street battlers and not street battlers. DNA and Rex rap about the same thing relatively, and nobody considers DNA a street battler. Y'all just trying to be different bro lol

There's a reason people like Cal and Rex say "Such and such never battled a nikka that talk that shyt like me" they're not saying it because they have complete different content from a Chilla Jones type rapper it's because how it's presented. I don't even get how this is an argument

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lol @ Verb thrashing hollow. Verb got him but it wasnt a bodybag at all.

On a side note say what you want about Hollow, but he takes on top tiers at their best and either wins or has a debateable (Outside of Verb)

Battled prime Verb after the SB battle
Clips after he zipped up Rex
Lux after bodying Cal and put the fear of God in nikkas

I can see why hes rated so highly.
He demolished Hollow it literally is one of the worst body bags ever. Y'all are WILDING

ReasonableMatic

Daps
14563313_10207431503051326_2349688143405775330_n.jpg

Roc really bossin up in this mawfukka :ohhh:
Roc :win:
Ave :salute:
Danja :obama:
Ty Law :jawalrus:
Notice how he left Prep out :lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

SIDENOTE: JC vs Quantum Physics drops today :salute:
My nikka Jon Dough floodin the streets :blessed:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not a bad idea. I'd say just having in your head what you'll do, there's nothing wrong with it. If more of these damn fans really understood there's more to freestyling than just whatever pops in your head sometimes, they'd really understand the art of it and not downplay it in battles.

I'm pretty sure DNA picked that up from the GT days since some of those same guys like The Saurus and Illmaculate came from the Scribble Jam era.

It was a sin to some of those guys back then though. Most fans believed he was coming up with all of his material on the spot. Dudes like Nocando used to live or die off 100% on the spot rhymes.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14563313_10207431503051326_2349688143405775330_n.jpg

Roc really bossin up in this mawfukka :ohhh:
Roc :win:
Ave :salute:
Danja :obama:
Ty Law :jawalrus:
Notice how he left Prep out :lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

SIDENOTE: JC vs Quantum Physics drops today :salute:
My nikka Jon Dough floodin the streets :blessed:

lmao I always laughed at Prep's whole "DMV Boys" shoutout. Who are those people? I think they asked Danja if he was affiliated at some point, and he was like "What? Who?" *Keith Murray voice* "Them nyggas is unlisted".

I'm hyped to see JC vs QP, but it's a little sketchy to drop it on the heels of Big T v Danja Zone being released. Danja Zone is Cartel, so as good as Big T was, that 3-0 was a bad look for the brand. I'm assuming this means Quantum held his own vs JC :leon: , because Quantum is Cartel also.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said STREET battlers. None of those guys are Street battlers except Goodz. And yeah he won but Goodz made him seem extra corny.

And Verb THRASHED Hollow. I really wish people stopped trying to act like that battle was close it wasn't remotely close. Hollow had a good rebuttal. That's it.
Hollow fans will argue you down to the death to exempt Hollow from having a clear loss. They try to frame every Hollow round he doesn't clearly win as a debatable.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes he looked really corny against Goodz and Surf. Not so much Hitman

Goodz first round had Hollow souding super lame and there's a reason in the building everyone said Surf 3-0'd because he made the shyt Hollow said seem corny. No coincidence Hollow won online when the nerdy crowd broke down every bar

You can't be serious :martin:

Goodz had a good first round and that's it. Hollow took the funny angle and ran with it, but embarassed the fukk out of Goodz...from Swizz Beatz to one of the best personal bars ever - "when you battled Ice, you gave him a lot of space..." Drunk ass Goodz was so fed up he finished the battle by throwing a bottle in the crowd...

And of course fans break down bars...if they didn't, people might actually feel that "urn in ash" line actually means a damn thing. :skip: Hollow won 2-1, but not because "nerdy" fans break down every bar, but because fans actually see on cam which lines were gassed for no reason during the live battle...

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are we acting like we don't know the difference between street battlers and not street battlers? Come on. People just like to argue for no reason. We know what we mean by street battlers and not street battlers. DNA and Rex rap about the same thing relatively, and nobody considers DNA a street battler. Y'all just trying to be different bro lol

There's a reason people like Cal and Rex say "Such and such never battled a nikka that talk that shyt like me" they're not saying it because they have complete different content from a Chilla Jones type rapper it's because how it's presented. I don't even get how this is an argument

I get what you're trying to say. Rex constantly makes this distinction between himself and Mook. He's not saying Mook's not from the hood. He's not saying Mook never battled on the streets. It's a specific style.
If your only angle in battles is "Nyggas like you couldn't thrive, or even survive the ups & downs of my environment" then you'd be considered a "street battler". Just like Head Ice would be considered a "street battler", but Lux wouldn't be.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I get what you're trying to say. Rex constantly makes this distinction between himself and Mook. He's not saying Mook's not from the hood. He's not saying Mook never battled on the streets. It's a specific style.
If your only angle in battles is "Nyggas like you couldn't thrive, or even survive the ups & downs of my environment" then you'd be considered a "street battler". Just like Head Ice would be considered a "street battler", but Lux wouldn't be.

Having said that, under that criteria, how could you not consider Verb a street battler (not saying you said this)

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Our definitation of street battlers differ breh. To me for example just cause Verb has more variety in his content doesnt make him less street then Cal or Rex.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Having said that, under that criteria, how could you not consider Verb a street battler (not saying you said this)

For guys like Verb it's a battle of wits. It's about being more clever, more intelligent, more strategic, more insightful.. he's a writer/lyricist. The whole "Showtime" thing is based on Verb's ability to put word together in an inventive way. That's his calling card.

When is the last time Rex/Cal/Suge/Ice tried to make their opponent look less intelligent, less clever, or ever attempted to psychoanalyze their opponent? Those guys could battle President Obama and they'd still talk about how rough it is on their block, and how he wouldn't be respected out there.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
For guys like Verb it's a battle of wits. It's about being more clever, more intelligent, more strategic, more insightful.. he's a writer/lyricist. The whole "Showtime" thing is based on Verb's ability to put word together in an inventive way. That's his calling card.

When is the last time Rex/Cal/Suge/Ice tried to make their opponent look less intelligent, less clever, or ever attempted to psychoanalyze their opponent? Those guys could battle President Obama and they'd still talk about how rough it is on their block, and how he wouldn't be respected out there.

Verb being witty and lyrical doesn't make him "less street"

Even in verbs show times he's broken down street shyt (sellin dope/shooting etc)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Our definitation of street battlers differ breh. To me for example just cause Verb has more variety in his content doesnt make him less street then Cal or Rex.

That's pretty much it. He's using "street battler" strictly as a battle rap style, and you're saying "If you say that, wouldn't that imply Verb is less of a street nygga than Rex?"