Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How is what i said any different from

All that was broken down was urn/nash is top 3 WOAT bar of all time :pachaha:

And you cant even call it a break down really cuz it wasnt complex, you could tell it made zero sense the first time you watch the footage

My first watch wasn't on Youtube though. If the battle was judged live, like damn near all battles used to be.... Hollow would have LOST. Somehow people forget how important the live audience is to the URL platform. Hollow was a big part of the reason I went to that event. But I wasn't that enthused with what he did up there. If he's so great, why can't he captivate a large live crowd? How did anyone leave the venue after Clips vs Hollow thinking Hollow lost? Why didn't he mop the floor with Budden? There's an issue that needs to be addressed.
On the flip, Tay Roc is the guy who enthuses the live fans, but gets picked apart on footage.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
My first watch wasn't on Youtube though. If the battle was judged live, like damn near all battles used to be.... Hollow would have LOST. Somehow people forget how important the live audience is to the URL platform. Hollow was a big part of the reason I went to that event. But I wasn't that enthused with what he did up there. If he's so great, why can't he captivate a large live crowd? How did anyone leave the venue after Clips vs Hollow thinking Hollow lost? Why didn't he mop the floor with Budden? There's an issue that needs to be addressed.
On the flip, Tay Roc is the guy who enthuses the live fans, but gets picked apart on footage.
That's fine, we live in an era where you're gonna have in the building and footage perspectives. at the end if the day more people are able to watch the footage, so most battle rap opinions are gonna be from a footage-viewer perspective. tryna argue over an opinion that only a set amount of people in the building had is a waste of time

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fresh my nikka and all but im dead :dead: at his explaination to who "street battlers" are and who not. he basically saying the ones who he wants to be are street battlers and the others are not. :lolbron:

And ya keep underestimating my nikka Hollow like he aint a different tier.
He battled every top tier nikka possible in every state/country possible and outside of Arsenal which was a decade ago never got killed.
Was Lux not suppose to fukk him up too?:stopitslime:
Now Roc the most one dimensional battle rapper is gonna fukk up him up?:stopitslime:

:camby:

And i dont get why nikkas dont fukk with Hollow in the Goodz battle.To me that was hollow at his best all 3 rounds. that together with his very drunk hypeman/goon fukkery makes it a personal classic.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Surf breh is hilarious :russ:

"I am a GOD ! , a God I tell you"

It's like every top tier battle rapper is wild arrogant, but his level of arrogance is so off the charts that he pisses everyone else off.

It seems like Verb and Math really hate him now... and those dudes are full of themselves.

I haven't heard the John John/Surf debate, but I'm sure he somehow managed to get under John John skin. We know now that Suge and Surf had real friction. Daylyt has commented on how "Hollywood" Surf is. Surf and Goodz have gotten into it. Surf and Hitman have gotten into it, etc etc

lol just look at the title of this interview, I know this nygga T-Top is hot just reading that

I fully expect to hear some type of "All Stars" vs "All Star Reserves" analogy here :shaq:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's fine, we live in an era where you're gonna have in the building and footage perspectives. at the end if the day more people are able to watch the footage, so most battle rap opinions are gonna be from a footage-viewer perspective. tryna argue over an opinion that only a set amount of people in the building had is a waste of time

:manny:
URL survives off the people who pay to attend the battles. They dictate the direction of that brand, we know that now more than ever. There's no reason for someone who is rated as highly as Hollow to consistently struggle with captivating a large crowd.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
"if ya man acting extra goon ,
leg shot when i'm stepping to him
split ya shyt right before I left the room
nikka that's a exit wound"

"You got real killers? Well, I got killers that kill killers
nikka, fukk with me!
I ran up on him, stabbed him up, and gave him a buck 50
And the funny thing about that, I had a gun with me"

"....that purp I need a gallon a jug
Or half a gallon Goodz and lose a gallon of blood
My nikkas aim and squeeze when we bust these arms
He tried to reach and was spitting out blood cause he brushed me wrong"

personally I like when hollow gets into his aggressive shiit , and I ain't talking bout his voice changing pitch like the Yankee bench aggression

Filthy :scust:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ Verb thrashing hollow. Verb got him but it wasnt a bodybag at all.

On a side note say what you want about Hollow, but he takes on top tiers at their best and either wins or has a debateable (Outside of Verb)

Battled prime Verb after the SB battle
Clips after he zipped up Rex
Lux after bodying Cal and put the fear of God in nikkas

I can see why hes rated so highly.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
A water bottle ended the battle...
but you got a vest on...
Mannnnnnn I hate you Surf Stans....
But we gonna talk tho..
- Chris Unbias (On FB)

mcvbGxH.gif
:whew:

Last edited:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps

If I had to guess, DNA always has some pre-meditated bars in his head he'll mix in with the freestyles. DNA practices rebutalling what would someone say before they say it because he knows what angles people will take with him already. So he'll keep it in mind what he can rebuttal.Nothing wrong with it especially in a written league. But back when Scribble Jam and all that was poppin', a few people did that all the time. Nothing new. Just some shyt other rappers have done that most people don't think about when they battle. Its either write it down or complete go off the top.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I had to guess, DNA always has some pre-meditated bars in his head he'll mix in with the freestyles. DNA practices rebutalling what would someone say before they say it because he knows what angles people will take with him already. So he'll keep it in mind what he can rebuttal.Nothing wrong with it especially in a written league. But back when Scribble Jam and all that was poppin', a few people did that all the time. Nothing new. Just some shyt other rappers have done that most people don't think about when they battle. Its either write it down or complete go off the top.

Iron Solomon was the first one that I recall that was straight beasting with the mixture of freestyles and pre-meds. He was flaming everyone until they figured out what he was doing.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
"if ya man acting extra goon ,
leg shot when i'm stepping to him
split ya shyt right before I left the room
nikka that's a exit wound"

"You got real killers? Well, I got killers that kill killers
nikka, fukk with me!
I ran up on him, stabbed him up, and gave him a buck 50
And the funny thing about that, I had a gun with me"

"....that purp I need a gallon a jug
Or half a gallon Goodz and lose a gallon of blood
My nikkas aim and squeeze when we bust these arms
He tried to reach and was spitting out blood cause he brushed me wrong"

personally I like when hollow gets into his aggressive shiit , and I ain't talking bout his voice changing pitch like the Yankee bench aggression
"Ummm... back to the heckler and koch, how you want it?
Stock? Take the 50 to 100 block, drum with the hundred shot
Ride round with guns like, I ain't gotta pull a K out for y'all
I'm Doughboy, when it's time to kill a nikka I let the Trey out the car"

:wow:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Iron Solomon was the first one that I recall that was straight beasting with the mixture of freestyles and pre-meds. He was flaming everyone until they figured out what he was doing.

Its not a bad idea. I'd say just having in your head what you'll do, there's nothing wrong with it. If more of these damn fans really understood there's more to freestyling than just whatever pops in your head sometimes, they'd really understand the art of it and not downplay it in battles.

I'm pretty sure DNA picked that up from the GT days since some of those same guys like The Saurus and Illmaculate came from the Scribble Jam era.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
It's like every top tier battle rapper is wild arrogant, but his level of arrogance is so off the charts that he pisses everyone else off.

It seems like Verb and Math really hate him now... and those dudes are full of themselves.

I haven't heard the John John/Surf debate, but I'm sure he somehow managed to get under John John skin. We know now that Suge and Surf had real friction. Daylyt has commented on how "Hollywood" Surf is. Surf and Goodz have gotten into it. Surf and Hitman have gotten into it, etc etc

lol just look at the title of this interview, I know this nygga T-Top is hot just reading that

I fully expect to hear some type of "All Stars" vs "All Star Reserves" analogy here :shaq:

listen to it . classic Surf :mjlol:said John John is related to Jermain Dupri