Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lowkey AFR been back on they bull shyt man.
They dropped Wing and brought Posey back giving us classic moments.
The new nikka Tony Bro calling all these battlers out and debating that shyt live on air.
They even given us throwback debates about the golden era.
They had the Jadakiss vs Fab and Dipset vs Rocafella debate last week, shyt was LIT!
nikkas quoting bars left and right, you could tell they're really passionate and knowledgeable about this rap shyt.
And even tho I feel like he drops the ball at moments because he's not articulate. Caps does get the exclusives.
Meanwhile on TWR they brought Jesserican back and all he had to add to the show is his story about the threesome with another dude that asked him to fukk his girl :francis:

It's a Difference, Caps been on his shyt brehs

TWR is a fukking joke. It's been rebranded over and over again and still bareley any relevence

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Too bad rather see him on stage then a Queensflip etc. At least his reaction seemed genuine and not exaggerated.
Do y'all not know people like Queenzflip in real life? He's clearly being genuine to his own personality.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new nikka Tony Bro calling all these battlers out and debating that shyt live on air.
They had the Jadakiss vs Fab and Dipset vs Rocafella debate last week, shyt was LIT!
nikkas quoting bars left and right, you could tell they're really passionate and knowledgeable about this rap shyt.
And even tho I feel like he drops the ball at moments because he's not articulate. Caps does get the exclusives.
Meanwhile on TWR they brought Jesserican back and all he had to add to the show is his story about the threesome with another dude that asked him to fukk his girl :francis:

Caps is best when he sets the floor and falls back. That debate with Drizzy, Reepah and Swave was dope too.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I gathered from the AFR interviews, the sponsors pulled out because he tried to go too big with the venue & accommodations (Lush's wife said they had vegan catering) but the ticket sales weren't what they thought it would be. They contracted QOTR to use their battlers and their name, but they didn't enlist Lush or Debo for assistance with promotion. Debo was pressing him to give the battlers their 2nd half before they battled. He didn't want to do that, so he chose to walk away with a 50k loss instead of a 75k loss. Tickets were only 30/40 dollars, so he wasn't going to get much back off the door.

He? They?

Who are you actually talking about?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Caps is best when he sets the floor and falls back. That debate with Drizzy, Reepah and Swave was dope too.

Word, the last couple episodes was dope as fukk

"I hurt tracks and I disperse crack
Work out only on my wrist so the 5th don't jerk back"
Jakakiss:banderas:

nikkas was quotin all them hardbody throwback bars debating Fabolous vs Jadakiss:ohlawd:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

PSA is back and is pretty dope. 3Letter is annoying and Timbo is a nerd but they give good interviews.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This interview is wild old, this was done around the time of Hollow v Lux. At this point she is a talent scout, manages battlers, hosts battles, etc... not trying to big her up but she gets in where she fits in.

Battlers got their first half (deposit), camera people & security were paid, they went overboard on the venue, they had catered vegan food, every battler had a dressing room and make-up (which is why Official was done up in the 15MOFE vid), dude had a smoke machine in the venue, basically there was all types of bs that wasn't necessary to throw a battle rap event. Also we have to figure that he's new to the game, so everyone who is battle rap related overcharged him a little :manny:

all of that sounds dope honestly. maybe not the smoke machine but catering, dressing rooms so they can go over their bars if necessary

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I'm Larry Bird when I grab my waist
Reppin Boston with 2 Trey's to shoot in Magic's FACE!!
- Chilla :banderas:

Magic-Bird-Broadway.jpg

c40074d36644fe3e347afdfa8c89695c.jpg

2 arms, cocked on his chest like a slow nikka - Magic :russ:

retard.jpg

Chilla Jones vs B Magic was so barbaric :ohlawd:

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
?????
Getting a couple thousand people to come to a battle event just isn't going to happen outside of NYC. That doesn't mean battle rap is dying.

KOTD has figured out how to make it work, and is finally investing in their own talent. URL is still the biggest brand but the venue situations really killed their momentum this year. RBE is alive and kicking, I am starting to think Aye Verb vs Bonnie is a decent draw. Bonnie is boring, but the novelty factor of Aye Verb battling a woman is pretty high. Bullpen has established themselves as a legit league.

Personally, I have to see if the "top tiers" show out on the UDUBB & Mistah Fab events before I can make any predictions on the future. Maybe knowing that they can't rely on big Smack cards will force them to step their game up.
There hasn't been a away to keep it mainstream while keeping its essence so it will be always be cyclical as far as that goes, but battle rap has an ardent following to where I don't see it dying

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if Chilla finished his 3rd round, would he have beat Magic?

T-U-R-N put it together make a word now and hold onto it...wait this is the 3rd round
Ayo Magic where ya strap is at?
You sick free/Seigfried and turn Roy when my cats attack
He'd rather pen and tell her/Pen and Teller a young chick to call cuz they gotta chill
See Magic don't even card tricks before he try to cop a feel/Copperfield
Now them words to remember, who knows what those 3 be now?
Don't matter, he bout to die from 1 punch houdini style
Don't say shyt on my clique, could make it get painful
So act Big Wallace, My turn to meet Chris Angel
fukk a fade, i'll untuck a blade that'll scrap a vein
pull out a strap, put caps in his mouth like David Blaine
Fold him, then fly him across the room like a paper plane
Y'all a see magic in a box like David Blaine
Shots off the balcony, but i ain't tryna make it rain
They hear my style and straight jack it/jacket cause everything i say insane

sidebar: Magic has some of the best reactions to his opponents bars without being overly unprofessional. He was holding his ear, then did the cut across the throat when chilla repeated the line.