Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I couldn't stand coming in this thread and seeing all that Angryfan shyt. There's too many bum ass individuals trying to make a name. If you don't rap go away.

Feel you to a degree. Only thing is that AFM, on the media side of things, gets a ton of exclusive shyt when it comes to interviews. I get it that AFM isn't everyone's bag but you can't front on the dude and his team getting the "you hear it first" kind of interviews. He was basically the first person to even get word from the sponsors who canceled the QOTR vs. Fresh Coast. Yeah, the fool was rambling but you got your answer from the person responsible. Just sayin'.I don't think battle rappers would take time out to do half of the shyt AFM does to be real with you. They'd be too busy writing bars and trying to book their next battle.

Ardamus

Daps

It was interesting to hear her side of things. At the same time, I don't understand what she does now. Sounds like she got to host a few battles as some eye candy and got on as a radio persona for battle rap. And she was humbly supportive. I guess Unbias wanted to clear up the rumors of her fukkin' around.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I gathered from the AFR interviews, the sponsors pulled out because he tried to go too big with the venue & accommodations (Lush's wife said they had vegan catering) but the ticket sales weren't what they thought it would be. They contracted QOTR to use their battlers and their name, but they didn't enlist Lush or Debo for assistance with promotion. Debo was pressing him to give the battlers their 2nd half before they battled. He didn't want to do that, so he chose to walk away with a 50k loss instead of a 75k loss. Tickets were only 30/40 dollars, so he wasn't going to get much back off the door.

Also, Debo is another person who has gone on record to say you can't make a lot of money throwing battle events in the West Coast.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feel you to a degree. Only thing is that AFM, on the media side of things, gets a ton of exclusive shyt when it comes to interviews. I get it that AFM isn't everyone's bag but you can't front on the dude and his team getting the "you hear it first" kind of interviews. He was basically the first person to even get word from the sponsors who canceled the QOTR vs. Fresh Coast. Yeah, the fool was rambling but you got your answer from the person responsible. Just sayin'.I don't think battle rappers would take time out to do half of the shyt AFM does to be real with you. They'd be too busy writing bars and trying to book their next battle.

I'm cool with content providers but when you try to become a personality and start attention whoring as a means to a come up you need to step away. We have NuNu center stage and getting name dropped in battles :francis:

Bring back the Rican dude who kept time while remaining anonymous.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm cool with content providers but when you try to become a personality and start attention whoring as a means to a come up you need to step away. We have NuNu center stage and getting name dropped in battles :francis:

Bring back the Rican dude who kept time while remaining anonymous.

Nunu does nothing but look stupid on camera.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
From what I gathered from the AFR interviews, the sponsors pulled out because he tried to go too big with the venue & accommodations (Lush's wife said they had vegan catering) but the ticket sales weren't what they thought it would be. They contracted QOTR to use their battlers and their name, but they didn't enlist Lush or Debo for assistance with promotion. Debo was pressing him to give the battlers their 2nd half before they battled. He didn't want to do that, so he chose to walk away with a 50k loss instead of a 75k loss. Tickets were only 30/40 dollars, so he wasn't going to get much back off the door.

Also, Debo is another person who has gone on record to say you can't make a lot of money throwing battle events in the West Coast.
No idea how he lost 50k if people didnt even get paid :patrice:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was interesting to hear her side of things. At the same time, I don't understand what she does now. Sounds like she got to host a few battles as some eye candy and got on as a radio persona for battle rap. And she was humbly supportive. I guess Unbias wanted to clear up the rumors of her fukkin' around.

This interview is wild old, this was done around the time of Hollow v Lux. At this point she is a talent scout, manages battlers, hosts battles, etc... not trying to big her up but she gets in where she fits in.

No idea how he lost 50k if people didnt even get paid :patrice:

Battlers got their first half (deposit), camera people & security were paid, they went overboard on the venue, they had catered vegan food, every battler had a dressing room and make-up (which is why Official was done up in the 15MOFE vid), dude had a smoke machine in the venue, basically there was all types of bs that wasn't necessary to throw a battle rap event. Also we have to figure that he's new to the game, so everyone who is battle rap related overcharged him a little :manny:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
This interview is wild old, this was done around the time of Hollow v Lux. At this point she is a talent scout, manages battlers, hosts battles, etc... not trying to big her up but she gets in where she fits in.

Battlers got their first half (deposit), camera people & security were paid, they went overboard on the venue, they had catered vegan food, every battler had a dressing room and make-up (which is why Official was done up in the 15MOFE vid), dude had a smoke machine in the venue, basically there was all types of bs that wasn't necessary to throw a battle rap event. Also we have to figure that he's new to the game, so everyone who is battle rap related overcharged him a little :manny:
battlers musta ran his pockets :skip: Diz the only one on that card who gets paid like that

Ardamus

Daps
Nunu does nothing but look stupid on camera.

@wizworld might be right tho as her being a scout. I mean, yeah, there's the eye candy like when SM2 popped off we had the ring girls. But Nunu stood out seeming like she gives a fukk about battle rap. I mean, she did manage Prep and she has been supportive so I dunno. All I know is that Nunu Knees YouTube account happy that they got some fame now, lol.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
@wizworld might be right tho as her being a scout. I mean, yeah, there's the eye candy like when SM2 popped off we had the ring girls. But Nunu stood out seeming like she gives a fukk about battle rap. I mean, she did manage Prep and she has been supportive so I dunno. All I know is that Nunu Knees YouTube account happy that they got some fame now, lol.

I put wizworld on ignore for a reason. :camby:

Lets be honest my nikka, she ain't scouting shyt. And if she is, she must be the reason the talent level has been so low. She must be the reason we have all these garbage ass we go hard cats on URL now.

Managing Prep? Is that some kind of joke? :mjlol:You know you lost when you make it public that Nunu is your battlerap "manager". Prep is a clown for even saying that in public.

I'll be the one to say it.. Nellz probably let Smack hit a couple times in exchange for being the URL mascot. She doesn't do shyt except hold some dumb ass clock and look like a groupie on stage.

This thread has been around longer than Nellz.. :camby:

Ardamus

Daps

Lets be honest my nikka, she ain't scouting shyt. And if she is, she must be the reason the talent level has been so low. She must be the reason we have all these garbage ass we go hard cats on URL now.

Managing Prep? Is that some kind of joke? :mjlol:You know you lost when you make it public that Nunu is your battlerap "manager". Prep is a clown for even saying that in public.

I'll be the one to say it.. Nellz probably let Smack hit a couple times in exchange for being the URL mascot. She doesn't do shyt except hold some dumb ass clock and look like a groupie on stage.

See, key word, bro...."PROBABLY"

But see, thats the thing.....as much info was we're given.....what do we really know about what goes on behind the scenes? All of what you just said is a constant rumor in a way but there was never anything that surfaced. Well, except Goodz hit it and she sort of confirmed it when she spoke on him. Aside from that, its all speculation. If she stuck around like she did, she's obviously doing something (aside from fukkin' because I know your cynical ass is gonna say some more fukked up shyt, lol).

And if its true she is a scout, yeah, nikka blame her for the talent scouting. LOL.

Ardamus

Daps

Helen went off. I feel like she'll look at Lush like "if one more muthafukka hits you up to help with an event......."

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nunus Knees, Cameron J and Proverbial Hater kill me in the comments :dead:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

You've gotta be the most miserable punk on the planet.