Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
As much as I love schemes, a list of random shyt all the time can be a bit annoying if its not done right. Same with reaches. The connection gotta be there for the reaches to make some sort of sense.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Even tho I never met your father, I see a lot of his ways in your stride
I mean, you got that “talk it like I walk it” kind of attitude..
And you know it’s real good he gave you pride..
Every son should be proud of his father..
And I look at my little one, and I want the same for mine..
That’s why when I look up at YOU
I see what he can go through when a father don’t take the time!
- Loaded Lux

*Picks up the phone*
JayBlac: "Dad.. thank you for being there my nikka :to:
Real rap, THANK YOU" :mjcry:

Loaded Lux KILLED Calicoe man :wow::banderas::damn:

Swear to GOD I loved battlerap back then :russ:

He still hasn't said it to blacks face

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope I actually just answered your question with facts. You have no rebuttal so you are just going to skip over all my facts and call the crowd childish. Keep moving the goal post nikka. To keep it funky calling everything gas is childish. In 2016 it just sounds good to call shyt gas.. It's the "in thing" to do. So you are just trying to follow the trend. You and @Ronnie Lott were probably wearing 5x hoodies in 2004 and you probably got on skinny jeans now.. Ol trendy ass nikkas
No goal post moving. Explain why battles are 45-55 minutes?!! 18 minutes of rap and 27-37 minutes of reactions in these battles. EXPLAIN THAT.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Battles have been longer for a while now.. It's not all of a sudden but to answer your question....

Battle rap has evolved. Lines are more complex then they used to be. Nikkas are studying game tapes and what the crowd wants to hear. There's way more battlers in the game now with different styles. Basically the art of battling has been perfected. If you look at battles now compared to 10 years ago you will see a big difference in quality.

That's why crowd reactions have increased and why battles are longer now. The culture has grown so much
breh what :skip:

word association bars every round is the art of battling perfected? (that's how the overwhelming majority of battlers rap right now) 98% of these nikkas aren't even saying anything specific to the person in front of them outside of a nameflip and that's as simple as googling a list of everything that sounds like that name

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
breh what :skip:

word association bars every round is the art of battling perfected? (that's how the overwhelming majority of battlers rap right now) 98% of these nikkas aren't even saying anything specific to the person in front of them outside of a nameflip and that's as simple as googling a list of everything that sounds like that name

Breh when did you start watching battle rap? :dwillhuh:

If you don't see a difference with battles now from 10 years ago then :wtf:

fukk a word association, dont put words in my mouth nikka :ufdup: knowing how to play to the crowd is the major factor I'm talking about. Mook and them used to just spit non stop from start to finish, not really letting crowds react... now, battles have set ups, punchlines and haymakers. They know when to drop the haymaker when to pause for crowd reaction, when to freestyle, how to bring shyt back, slogans, schemes...These all play a part

There is a reason why rookies don't do as well as sophomores or vets..it because it takes years to prefect a craft. The game is at its peak right now after years of smack dvds scribble jams, jump off battle tournaments, grindtime...etc and you nikkas actin like you don't know this. :camby:

Last edited:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just did :mindblown:
You just said and I quote:

Battle rap has evolved.

So Lux, Hitman, Verb, Magic, etc. weren't spitting crazy? Yet their battles were 40 min top and that's with Smack doing extended intros in his car and shyt.

Now we got hour long battles with no Smack intro :dead:

Those NOME 5 live stream battles are almost all over an hour. :dead:

But ok, just because battlers know a formula to guarantee cheap reactions (thanks WeGohard) we should just deal with it. No. The crowd needs to stop. No more "talk that ___ shyt!" no more "THAT WAS FIYAAAAH" screamed over the battler still rapping, etc.

They're literally cutting people off mid flow to get their reaction on footage and you're cool with it :martin:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Breh when did you start watching battle rap? :dwillhuh:

If you don't see a difference with battles now from 10 years ago then :wtf:

fukk a word association, dont put words in my mouth nikka :ufdup: knowing how to play to the crowd is the major factor I'm talking about. Mook and them used to just spit non stop from start to finish, not really letting crowds react... now, battles have set ups, punchlines and haymakers. They know when to drop the haymaker when to pause for crowd reaction, when to freestyle, how to bring shyt back, slogans, schemes...These all play a part

There is a reason why rookies don't do as well as sophomores or vets..it because it takes years to prefect a craft. The game is at its peak right now after years of smack dvds scribble jams, jump off battle tournaments, grindtime...etc and you nikkas actin like you don't know this. :camby:
:smhcraig: okay breh

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
You just said and I quote:

So Lux, Hitman, Verb, Magic, etc. weren't spitting crazy? Yet their battles were 40 min top and that's with Smack doing extended intros in his car and shyt.

Now we got hour long battles with no Smack intro :dead:

Those NOME 5 live stream battles are almost all over an hour. :dead:

But ok, just because battlers know a formula to guarantee cheap reactions (thanks WeGohard) we should just deal with it. No. The crowd needs to stop. No more "talk that ___ shyt!" no more "THAT WAS FIYAAAAH" screamed over the battler still rapping, etc.

They're literally cutting people off mid flow to get their reaction on footage and you're cool with it :martin:

We have a different definition of gas. That's what it comes down to.

Gas to me is bars that are trash getting hyped.

When you got a battle like I'll will vs rum Nitty that's not gas in my opinion. That was well deserved reaction

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
We have a different definition of gas. That's what it comes down to.

Gas to me is bars that are trash getting hyped.

When you got a battle like I'll will vs rum Nitty that's not gas in my opinion. That was well deserved reaction
okay but do you understand how prolonged reactions can mess up a battlers momentum can cause them to choke? and cause battles to be an hour long when they shouldn't be? there's no problem with that to you breh? it's too the point where when i see it coming i have to click forward in the video skip the 2 minute long crowd reaction just to get to the next bar

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
As much as I love schemes, a list of random shyt all the time can be a bit annoying if its not done right. Same with reaches. The connection gotta be there for the reaches to make some sort of sense.
And the gestures some battlers do with their hands as if they're playing a game of Jenga lowkey kills me inside everytime :heh:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
14682142_315730265466018_2945182935731304181_o.jpg

Roc 1-0 :russ: