Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
This whole "they gassing" thing is getting out of control.

I'll have to assume most of you never been to a live event and know what it's like when you are anticipating a battle and the battlers deliver with non stop haymakers.

The feeling is way different then watching this on your laptop or tablet sitting at home :comeon:

Had nikkas being going wild off trash bars you might have a point but if nikkas is really spitting flames and the crowd is loving it what is the fukkin issue :what:

Momentum also plays a big part. If the haymakers are back to back the energy in the room increases. It's a science behind it.

Notice how the cheers got quiet after I'll will spit that wack "exlax shyt out you" bar (fukk my spelling nikka :childplease: ) . He was still spitting flames after it but the crowd died because he killed the momentum which lowered the energy in the room

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
brain stuttering like a mind glitch was trash.

But I enjoyed the gas cause it brung Ill Wills energy up.

I dont enjoy Nitty cause he sounds boring as fukk.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'll have to assume most of you never been to a live event and know what it's like when you are anticipating a battle and the battlers deliver with non stop haymakers.

The feeling is way different then watching this on your laptop or tablet sitting at home :comeon:

Had nikkas being going wild off trash bars you might have a point but if nikkas is really spitting flames and the crowd is loving it what is the fukkin issue :what:

Momentum also plays a big part. If the haymakers are back to back the energy in the room increases. It's a science behind it.

Notice how the cheers got quiet after I'll will spit that wack "exlax shyt out you" bar (fukk my spelling nikka :childplease: ) . He was still spitting flames after it but the crowd died because he killed the momentum which lowered the energy in the room
So why are battles all of a sudden all over 45 min now? This isn't even an opinion, that's fact. The crowd is doing way too much. I've been to events, I've seen people not react all nigh then try to make footage during the main event with their reactions. It's OD.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So why are battles all of a sudden all over 45 min now? This isn't even an opinion, that's fact. The crowd is doing way too much. I've been to events, I've seen people not react all nigh then try to make footage during the main event with their reactions. It's OD.

Battles have been longer for a while now.. It's not all of a sudden but to answer your question....

Battle rap has evolved. Lines are more complex then they used to be. Nikkas are studying game tapes and what the crowd wants to hear. There's way more battlers in the game now with different styles. Basically the art of battling has been perfected. If you look at battles now compared to 10 years ago you will see a big difference in quality.

That's why crowd reactions have increased and why battles are longer now. The culture has grown so much

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

You're one of those "in the building nikkaz" :mjlol:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
KOTD, imo, had their own lane. It used to be predominantly Canadians, some GT vets and the odd DF battler. They lost their way with the trite 'surburban cac' vs Street dude set up.

Leave the street shyt to URL & stick to their OG formula. Rone V Caustic had more intent and energy than most of the battles on their channel, one of their better battles in recent times. More of that & less of stuff like Head Ice vs Chedda Cheese...

Nah, they still got it. If KOTD didn't, they would've gotten rid of GZ, Blackout, and WD a long time ago. Yeah, they pulled from other talent pools to make their match ups not what they used to be but I don't see them trying to be like any other league. I feel like they still have what they have and they added to it. And furthermore, it was Head ICE vs. Carter Deems, which was a decent battle after all the whining and bytchin about it when it was supposed to originally happen.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Battles have been longer for a while now.. It's not all of a sudden but to answer your question....

Battle rap has evolved. Lines are more complex then they used to be. Nikkas are studying game tapes and what the crowd wants to hear. There's way more battlers in the game now with different styles. Basically the art of battling has been perfected. If you look at battles now compared to 10 years ago you will see a big difference in quality.

That's why crowd reactions have increased and why battles are longer now. The culture has grown so much
Sorry but you're using a bunch of bullshyt to justify the crowd acting like a bunch of children when they catch references.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sorry but you're using a bunch of bullshyt to justify the crowd acting like a bunch of children when they catch references.

Nope I actually just answered your question with facts. You have no rebuttal so you are just going to skip over all my facts and call the crowd childish. Keep moving the goal post nikka. To keep it funky calling everything gas is childish. In 2016 it just sounds good to call shyt gas.. It's the "in thing" to do. So you are just trying to follow the trend. You and @Ronnie Lott were probably wearing 5x hoodies in 2004 and you probably got on skinny jeans now.. Ol trendy ass nikkas

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Nope I actually just answered your question with facts. You have no rebuttal so you are just going to skip over all my facts and call the crowd childish. Keep moving the goal post nikka. To keep it funky calling everything gas is childish. In 2016 it just sounds good to call shyt gas.. It's the "in thing" to do. So you are just trying to follow the trend. You and @Ronnie Lott were probably wearing 5x hoodies in 2004 and you probably got on skinny jeans now.. Ol trendy ass nikkas

Are you still wearing 5X tees and baggy jeans? :mjlol: