Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you really think about

Nitty beat Clips on a "big stage" with his LIGHTEST SHYT

Clips "Oh that was a favor for Smack, something light just to keep the fans engaged"
Screen-Shot-2014-10-01-at-4.37.00-PM.png

Rum Nitty "Facts, I just threw some shyt together for that one.. Charlie may not be the caliber of opponent I'm looking for, but his name still means a lot to the brand"

Charlie-Clips-vs-T-Top-Clips.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL is about to get passed up:

They better start stealing KOTD's ideas now (merch, PPV, 4k cam, release schedule, venue.) This feels like Myspace/Facebook and URL is not Facebook.

If you follow URL's & KOTD's subscribers, the URL is usually ahead of them by 100,000 subscribers. It has been this way for a long time. When the URL hit 500k, KOTD hit 400k. There is a clear trend here. Both leagues gain subscribers daily.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
When you really think about

Nitty beat Clips on a "big stage" with his LIGHTEST SHYT

Clips "Oh that was a favor for Smack, something light just to keep the fans engaged"
Screen-Shot-2014-10-01-at-4.37.00-PM.png

Rum Nitty "Facts, I just threw some shyt together for that one.. Charlie may not be the caliber of opponent I'm looking for, but his name still means a lot to the brand"

Charlie-Clips-vs-T-Top-Clips.jpg
Iono his 2nd and 3rd had some of my favorite lines, that chuck's gettin laced up by a westcoast nikka is the first line i think of when i hear rum nitty

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
If you follow URL's & KOTD's subscribers, the URL is usually ahead of them by 100,000 subscribers. It has been this way for a long time. When the URL hit 500k, KOTD hit 400k. There is a clear trend here. Both leagues gain subscribers daily.

Yeah I was going to say URL has always been ahead of them as far as subscribers anyway. No secret there. But if anything KOTD has their own lane and its working for them so for them to gain 500k subscribers, they're doing something right.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah I was going to say URL has always been ahead of them as far as subscribers anyway. No secret there. But if anything KOTD has their own lane and its working for them so for them to gain 500k subscribers, they're doing something right.
KOTD, imo, had their own lane. It used to be predominantly Canadians, some GT vets and the odd DF battler. They lost their way with the trite 'surburban cac' vs Street dude set up.

Leave the street shyt to URL & stick to their OG formula. Rone V Caustic had more intent and energy than most of the battles on their channel, one of their better battles in recent times. More of that & less of stuff like Head Ice vs Chedda Cheese...

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Daylyt v Couture isn't happening.

seems like she has a family emergency, said she's not taking battles for a while now

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
RE: Gas @Kidd Dibiase

Notice this is a 27 minute battle. There is still reaction but it isn't crazy like today. People get their ooohs out and let them rap, and JC got a LOT of reaction and still it wasn't a choppy ass 59 min battle.

Look at where it is though and look at most of the people in there. Online viewers complaining about live viewers has always seemed weird to me.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
RE: Gas @Kidd Dibiase

Notice this is a 27 minute battle. There is still reaction but it isn't crazy like today. People get their ooohs out and let them rap, and JC got a LOT of reaction and still it wasn't a choppy ass 59 min battle.

Exactly! There's a huge difference between genuine reaction and nikkas being all extra. It's like these guys are seeing how loud they can be or trying to be apart of the footage. You have goofy nikkas like Queensflip reacting excessively to every punch. I shouldnt be able to listen to a battle and be able to tell who is on stage besides the the two rappers. You're lying to yourself if you think nikkas aren't doing too much.