Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
i was gonna make a post talking about how twork uses the same trick Craig does with his punches back when the battle first dropped

take this craig punch from the bonus battle

"so that full clip, is all youuu get
tools spit! :pacspit:"

the punch was the full clip/all you get line, and tools spit was the beginning of the next bar, but he wrote and delivered immediately after that line so that tools spit ALSO enhances the punch :whew: twork did that same thing multiple times against dougie (beginning of his first that "my big bro woulda chainsawed" and again after the yo-lady-who line he immediately goes into "switch the cloth" iirc)

hardly ANYONE else does that consistenly, it's a two-in-one when done correctly and helps string the punches together
Yeah I noticed Craig does this a lot. I think he not only used it as a way to enhance the punch but he also uses it as a marker to help him pick up where he left off.

He knows or expects to get big crowd reactions so as a way to no forget his next bar, he will hold on to the last word and even repeat it sometimes.

Brizz used to do this a lot in his early battles too :ehh:

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
100k is not way more on Youtube.

URL is at 606,816.
20% more is way more....URL consistently get million view battles, KOTD doesn't.

KOTD still relies on 'Smack' rappers to get any meaningful views. It's been this way for the longest, Organik & co run a tighter outfit but the quality battles/battlers still reside at URL

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Only 15 minutes in and Mickey coming with them Factz again :banderas:

14650738_1631905853773582_3553562895264294001_n.jpg

:lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Born's a dumb ass nikka for not bein able to find something as important as your contact.

But with that bein said, fukk Norbes man..

That fatass nikka really tried to play Born and say nobody's checkin for him so he should do it for free..
They did a poll in Unbias and clearly mad nikkas wanted to see him vs Chilla/QP on URL so he ignored that shyt like a hoe
I gotta salute son for not selling his soul to battle over there

The disappointment and frustration in the nikka whole demeanor was just:mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Yeah I noticed Craig does this a lot. I think he not only used it as a way to enhance the punch but he also uses it as a marker to help him pick up where he left off.

He knows or expects to get big crowd reactions so as a way to no forget his next bar, he will hold on to the last word and even repeat it sometimes.

Brizz used to do this a lot in his early battles too :ehh:
and craig still finds a way to choke :mjlol:

"and a stomach shot to ya wifey, 'll have da bytch insides leakin out, like her water broke
IM BLOWIN DA WESSON :pacspit" so fire :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: Sir

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Until KOTD can build stars on their own itll never surpass URL.

Street battle rap drives the culture and URL is the biggest street battle league so they'll always be up there. It has a big enough legacy

Basically. KOTD would have to build their own stars AND set up shop in NYC for it to even be a real competition. People who don't go to events get stuck on the subscribers thing.... what are the ticket sales looking like? Where is the top talent coming from? Why are KOTD big names coming over to the URL and taking matches with much less experienced guys?

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only 15 minutes in and Mickey coming with them Factz again :banderas:

As a fan, I always appreciate Mickey Factz insights. But his eagerness to divulge trade secrets is a little alarming, especially since the dude seems to have a really good memory. I can understand why the Smack staff might dislike him now. As much nonsense as Chris Unbias gets into, even he has a filter. Mickey is going to tell you EVERYTHING, just as he heard it.