Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After SM1 and SM2 (both classic) it started gettin sketchy for URL... SM3 probably their worst ever mainstage event. I don't remember who was on each NOME...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We've had 5 years of Summer Madness & NOME .... what are your favourite mainstage battles? There ain't been too many crazy ones I rewatch :jbhmm:

About to rewatch Roc vs Ill Will SM3 Bars Over Names now though...
I can name at least 10 big stage battles I love to watch and rewatch; pretty much everything from SM2 with one exception and we all know what that is. If we're counting High Stakes pretty much that whole card too. I liked Clips on big stages until Hollow.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Twerk is trash.. Ain't nothing special
About a goofy and over animated nikka with trash bars.

I think he's cool; only problem is how he was promoted as being so different. They say he doesn't look like anyone in battle rap but he looks like Del from Hiero with that nose ring to me. And when he gets real animated with his voice, it reminds me of Sticky Fingaz a little. Maybe its newer in battle rap but he reminds me of a few folks tho.

:yeshrug:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
We've had 5 years of Summer Madness & NOME .... what are your favourite mainstage battles? There ain't been too many crazy ones I rewatch :jbhmm:

About to rewatch Roc vs Ill Will SM3 Bars Over Names now though...

There hasn't been a must re-watch battle on SM/NOME since Clips/Roc 2 imo. There's been fire rounds worth watching again sure, but as far as watching all 3 rounds again....nah. Then again my interest hasn't been what it was say...a year or two ago

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
did anyone actually watch the Bone Crusher/Pastor battle?
I did

straight TRASH

I was thinking "why they doin a new track together before the battle :jbhmm:"

Then the ref said "there you go :krs: bonecrusher vs. Pastor Troy!" :skip:

These nikkas basically just wrote regular verses and rapped em next to each other, this nikka bone crusher had his arm over Troy's shoulder like they were performing a collab track

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I did

straight TRASH

These nikkas basically just wrote regular verses and rapped em next to each othern and i literally mean next to each other, this nikka bone crusher had his arm over Troy's shoulder like they were performing a collab track
Lmaoooooooo thanks

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did

straight TRASH

These nikkas basically just wrote regular verses and rapped em next to each other, this nikka bone crusher had his arm over Troy's shoulder like they were performing a collab track

Link?

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did

straight TRASH

So pretty much exactly what I expected. :mjlol:

The sad thing is that this is what the super mainstream world thinks battle rap is :mjcry:

Why couldn't Hollow body Joe Budden :mjcry:

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're acting like even though they were bodied multiple times Miles and Rich wouldn't come back and run through this PG class though :mjpls: