Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Caps spittin facts

Bdot/twork/strict each only got like 4 battles and their buzz is already big, they are what PG's should look like

these wgh and traphouse nikkas got like 20 battles and they just gettin in :scust: if it's taking them this long then they just dont have "it"

only thing is some dudes are paying for a PG look. Some of these dudes are not being thrown on the PGs just because Norbes think they dope, they paid him.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Some nikkas out here gon be mad as SHYT :russ:

Chris, Caps & JayBlac
Battlerap's main bloggers have spoken :blessed:
TBZ.TV let's get it -
full

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Caps spittin facts

Bdot/twork/strict each only got like 4 battles and their buzz is already big, they are what PG's should look like

these wgh and traphouse nikkas got like 20 battles and they just gettin in :scust: if it's taking them this long then they just dont have "it"

Not sure about this, I get the sentiment but sometimes certain guys just haven't gotten the right look, battle, or situation. T Top had 985 battles before the UFF shyt.

Edit - didn't actually watch the video though.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Daylyt got 5 battles within the next 2/3 weeks this nikka is the GOAT.

Gjonaj
Arthur
Coture
O Solo
Chess (?)

He gonna win them all too.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caps spittin facts

So who is he talking about? He doesn't say names. T-Top has more battles pre URL than a couple of those guys put together.
I'd bet he didn't really check the numbers.

His complaints about word association are much more understandable.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well gahhdamn... KOTD trying to make sure Shotti P. never ever feels like he needs to be on the Smack stage.

They gave him Clips for Rookies vs Vets

:troll:My bad I meant "Team Ganik vs Team Gully"

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
After watching that Unbiased video about venues, it's painfully obvious that URL have boxed themselves into a corner.

Sure, they can't control it if the local council is Anti-Hip-Hop events but they haven't helped their case. If their shows ran on time and they weren't on that bullshyt about letting people and their entourages in for free in spite of the people that bought tickets, there wouldn't be huge crowds outside disrupting the neighbourhood.

The way I see it, they have to bite the bullet and either buy their own venue (providing they do everything properly and above water) or they commit to doing out of state events (real events, not half-assed events like Traffic). Expanding their reach would help their product too. They've let Bullpen grow in market share simply because they didn't look at talent from the South. Their PG situation is the worst it's ever been.

Shield & Sword

All Star
Daps
We've had 5 years of Summer Madness & NOME .... what are your favourite mainstage battles? There ain't been too many crazy ones I rewatch :jbhmm:

About to rewatch Roc vs Ill Will SM3 Bars Over Names now though...