Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If url really want that shyt to work they'd have to make a netflix type app

Delete everything they got on youtube, and put a 2 dollar monthly subscription fee for the app, 20 for the year, you get every battle url ever did

Remaster the old battles on there, throw in some vaulted stuff we never seen (ill vs con for example)

And give subscribers ppv's at no extra cost

I like the idea but there's no way in hell it would be $2 a month.

I could see it being anywhere from $6 - $15/monthly subscription, realistically. Whether or not people would pay it is a whole different can of worms

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Delete everything they got on youtube, and put a 2 dollar monthly subscription fee for the app, 20 for the year, you get every battle url ever did

Remaster the old battles on there, throw in some vaulted stuff we never seen (ill vs con for example)

That's a horrible idea. Were you high or drunk? :mjlol:

Imagine Netflix saying Luke Cage is dropping 9/30 then when you sign in it's not there. You go to their twitter account and it's, "Technical difficulties, episodes drop 10/1, RNT" or, "House of Cards season 5 is cancelled because Kevin Spacey didn't show up to the set." URL and their employees are hood nikkas conducting business with the professionalism of hood nikkas and you want a subscription based app?:russ:Not to mention that deading the youtube account completely cuts of the casual fan who probably accounts for most of the views. URL would go broke within a year.

They'd probably hire Rain to code the app and you'd be waiting forever for updates to get the bugs out :ufdup:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Imagine Netflix saying Luke Cage is dropping 9/30 then when you sign in it's not there. You go to their twitter account and it's, "Technical difficulties, episodes drop 10/1, RNT" or, "House of Cards season 5 is cancelled because Kevin Spacey didn't show up to the set." URL and their employees are hood nikkas conducting business with the professionalism of hood nikkas and you want a subscription based app?:russ:Not to mention that deading the youtube account completely cuts of the casual fan who probably accounts for most of the views. URL would go broke within a year.

They'd probably hire Rain to code the app and you'd be waiting forever for updates to get the bugs out :ufdup:
nikka are you high or drunk? Where did i say i wanted it? I said it's the only way they could really make the money they wanna get

Everything else in your post is you assuming dumb shyt happening :what: "they probably hire rain to code" nikka please.

And why the fukk do yall keep bringing up VIEWS? How many people have already done the math for you nikkas and shown yall views dont equal any fukkin money for them :mindblown: a 4 million view battle only comes out to 5 thousand. Yea URL definitely gonna go broke if the views dont come in right? :dead:

If they get 50 thousand subscibers that'd completely shyt on the money they'd make from a 4 million view battle on youtube, views dont mean shyt, casual fans dont pay any type of money so why would anyone care if they couldnt see battles anymore

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka are you hogh or drunk? Where did i say i wanted it? I said it's the only way they could really make the money they wanna get

Everything else in your post is you assuming dumb shyt happening :what: "they probably hire rain to code" nikka please.

And why the fukk do yall keep bringing up VIEWS? How many people have already done the math for you nikkas and shown yall views dont equal any fukkin money for them :mindblown: a 4 million view battle only comes out to 5 thousand. Yea URL definitely gonna go broke if the views dont come in right? :dead:

If they get 50 thousand subscibers that'd completely shyt on the money they'd make from a 4 million view battle on youtube, views dont mean shyt

You missed the point. They can get away with not posting content or being late because we are getting it for free. Once you charge a subscription fee you need to be on time and regularly deliver content. Consumers aren't paying for Real nikka Time. If you can't be professional with a free model what faith will people have in a paid product? You get access to a PPV event and battlers no show, choke, or perform poorly. Battle rap is not even remotely close to having built the trust and confidence needed to do business at that level.

As for views, they aren't an indication of a subsciption base. How many diehard fans are watching vs casuals? Of the diehards who's willing to pay. If you don't know that number you can't delete everything off youtube and start charging.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I agree. But which team do you put him on? He's a vet.... but he'd be better served re-branding himself as a new dude.

PNut would need to be on Team Gully even though he is finally getting bigger match ups that put him slightly above the GZ guys. But for real, I bet anything Ganik was like, I might need duke on my team tho.

Nobody let it fizzle out, they lost big venues so whatever was gonna happen had to be put on the back burner. They're not gonna do those battles in small venues

Yep. The match ups looked good to but the bag wasn't there. It was like sales proposal no one wanted to buy into.

That Troy Ave situation fukked up a lot of things for URL. It's a shame too because URL was lit after BL 2.

That Troy Ave shyt did shut down a lot of the hip hop events you would like see outside of battle rap.

If URL did B Dot vs Saga in a closed UFF style setting, would you buy it?

I wouldn't say UFF style kinda setting but if its anything like that LABG setting that Danny Myers vs. B Dot battle was like, then yeah.

Good idea for the app but a bad idea to delete everything off YouTube. The thing about an app is that it takes up space on your phone, tablet, and etc. If the app is fukking with shyt like your music, your microsoft word files, and etc., nikkas get rid of the app. I had a battle rap app on my phone and I ended up doing the same thing. And then you have to think about the non battle content they got like interviews, face-offs, music videos, and etc. that may not gather as many views but are important to the branding of URL. And also, the technology that goes into running something like that. Luke Cage literally shut down Netflix when it came out. There's no telling how much they had to shell out to even get the engineers to get everything back up and running when that happened. As good of an idea it is, there's a little more to it that should be considered.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Good idea for the app but a bad idea to delete everything off YouTube. The thing about an app is that it takes up space on your phone, tablet, and etc. If the app is fukking with shyt like your music, your microsoft word files, and etc., nikkas get rid of the app. I had a battle rap app on my phone and I ended up doing the same thing. And then you have to think about the non battle content they got like interviews, face-offs, music videos, and etc. that may not gather as many views but are important to the branding of URL. And also, the technology that goes into running something like that. Luke Cage literally shut down Netflix when it came out. There's no telling how much they had to shell out to even get the engineers to get everything back up and running when that happened. As good of an idea it is, there's a little more to it that should be considered.

True. But url has nowhere near the amount of traffic netflix has, url is never gonna have a million people all logging in to watch the same battle at once

I juat threw the idea out there because more businesses and artists are moving to apps to make more money instead of posting free content on youtube

Ardamus

Daps
True. But url has nowhere near the amount of traffic netflix has, url is never gonna have a million people all logging in to watch the same battle at once

I juat threw the idea out there because more businesses and artists are moving to apps to make more money instead of posting free content on youtube

You're not wrong at all. But you do have to consider shyt like paying people to do front end and back end stuff for something like an app. And then there's updates that need to be rolled out for it. Even though it may not take as much to do as Netflix, which you're right about, its still a cost within it. Just a whole new set of priorities that they'd have to worry about.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is really silly. If they had more consistent revenue streams it stands to reason that they'd be able to deliver product in a timelier fashion. Most of the people on the staff have other income streams, they can't just stop what they are doing to get the FREE battle out on time. And I don't agree with the whole "hood nygga business" thing you're talking about. Yes, most of the talent is on some hood nygga shyt, but I don't see how you can say that about the staff. Do any of the other leagues have record executives on their staff?

Who has battled on URL and gotten stiffed on bread afterwards? How many URL battlers have gotten beat up for bad performances? Does Smack URL ever send their people to other battle rap events to try and ruin them?
I don't see what is so hood about they way they conduct business, there are actually tons of complaints about how Smack URL is "too corporate" behind the scenes.

Ardamus

Daps
Imagine hearing Smiddddack when the app starts up and you see Smacks face on the screen :mjlol:

I don't need to see Smack's face on the screen when the app starts. But yeah that shyt better say "Smiddddackkkkk" after I double click.

:heh: they'll start a company called Real nikka Apps to house the SMACK URL app

Stocking Cap Stu

pocket full of dreams....and weed
Daps
Imagine hearing Smiddddack when the app starts up and you see Smacks face on the screen :mjlol:

"what's poppin, we're about to hit you with a CLASSIC app, nahm sayin? i wanna thank all the coders and internet providers for supporting the culture..." then 2 minutes of ads from Al Capone & Exclusiv Vodka

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
nikka are you high or drunk? Where did i say i wanted it? I said it's the only way they could really make the money they wanna get

If they get 50 thousand subscibers that'd completely shyt on the money they'd make from a 4 million view battle on youtube, views dont mean shyt, casual fans dont pay any type of money so why would anyone care if they couldnt see battles anymore

50 thousand subscribers? Are you retarded? The can't get 50 people in a tent in one of the biggest cities in the country, yet you think they can get 50 thousand subscribers? LoL
Some of you guys don't realize how irrelevant battlerap is in the grand scheme of things.