Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Dot Mob vs NWX...

Rain was bodying everything that had to do with that beef.

Then his project dropped, he had a mediocre event named after said project, and he faded into the background.

I might need Rain to find a rapper or new battle rapper to dislike.... lowkey that nygga almost restored the feeling:jbhmm:

What would happen if he started throwing shots at Surf? How would that play out?
:sas2:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would not pay $2 to watch any of these nyggas battle on youtube. The content isn't strong enough imo. URL's recruiting has been pure laziness. They need more street emcees from the south and the midwest. Too many WGH nyggas. Too many prez mafia sounding nyggas. The URL has failed the fans with their talent selection.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Speaking of Dot Mob vs NWX...

Rain was bodying everything that had to do with that beef.

Then his project dropped, he had a mediocre event named after said project, and he faded into the background.

I might need Rain to find a rapper or new battle rapper to dislike.... lowkey that nygga almost restored the feeling:jbhmm:

What would happen if he started throwing shots at Surf? How would that play out?
:sas2:

That beef is the reason I checked out his project. He had a lot of nice songs on there, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like anything.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If URL did B Dot vs Saga in a closed UFF style setting, would you buy it?

No

I am only willing to pay for the live experience, whether that is being physically at the event or purchasing a ppv.

The live experience is more money, but your paying for something you simply don't get clicking a single battle on youtube. You more inclined to watch a bullshyt ass battle live than after the fact. I can't be the only one here that quits battles or completely skips them nowadays.

Battle rap is at a state where I can't think of a single battle I would pay $2 for.

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No

I am only willing to pay for the live experience, whether that is being physically at the event or purchasing a ppv.

The live experience is more money, but your paying for something you simply don't get clicking a single battle on youtube. You more inclined to watch a bullshyt ass battle live than after the fact. I can't be the only one here that quits battles or completely skips them nowadays.

Battle rap is at a state where I can't think of a single battle I would pay $2 for.
My reasoning is that URL obviously for whatever reason does not want to do another PPV. So if they're doing a on demand download the best scenario would be a closed setting without the bars spoiled.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My reasoning is that URL obviously for whatever reason does not want to do another PPV. So if they're doing a on demand download the best scenario would be a closed setting without the bars spoiled.

I understand your reasoning. I just couldn't do it.

Maybe if you had Saga vs Bdot hosted by Pastor Manning at Atlah Worldwide Church.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If url really want that shyt to work they'd have to make a netflix type app

Delete everything they got on youtube, and put a 2 dollar monthly subscription fee for the app, 20 for the year, you get every battle url ever did

Remaster the old battles on there, throw in some vaulted stuff we never seen (ill vs con for example)

And give subscribers ppv's at no extra cost

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I would not pay $2 to watch any of these nyggas battle on youtube. The content isn't strong enough imo. URL's recruiting has been pure laziness. They need more street emcees from the south and the midwest. Too many WGH nyggas. Too many prez mafia sounding nyggas. The URL has failed the fans with their talent selection.

How do you feel about Twork vs Dougy?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Delete everything they got on youtube, and put a 2 dollar monthly subscription fee for the app, 20 for the year, you get every battle url ever did

Remaster the old battles on there, throw in some vaulted stuff we never seen (ill vs con for example)

URL doesn't have enough content for a subscription based service. Lol

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

They need to also have exclusive sales of tickets and merch and other rapper merch like how KOTD plugs everything.