Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and i explained why i can't say RBE, those guys are just on there because URL doesn't have the space for them right now

the second Smack hits them up they're gone

Yup. They are completely at the mercy of Smack. RBE's overall format is totally based off of what Smack does. And the new Born Legacy format is totally based off of the niche RBE has been creating for themselves. Battles that usually wouldn't fly on Smack URL can now be thrown on the Born Legacy platform. It might be at a point where ARP is paying more to these high mid tiers than Smack offers of Born Legacy.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
already done before (even tho it was just for fun) it was dope imo :manny:

they could easily do somethin like this again with new cats, only if it's like this tho, can't imagine watchin some shyt like that on stage

Yeah it was really fun to watch :mjlol:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
i can understand daylyt doing a breakdown vid cuz he raps in a weird way and he's an attention whore

but mike p doin it too now? :martin: i hope this doesn't become a trend because it's way too easy to go back and make up entendres and connections that you didn't initially intend

Naah, you can't say that fam.
he had some shyt worth breaking down in that sense.

But overall It wasn't a breakdown like that.

He was basically playing both rounds back to back.
Adding up all the dope shyt of each other's 3rds.

And like I said, I was kinda shocked how good of a case he had.
You know me breh, my word is bond

Go in unbias and check it out if you can

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you were a fan of Bill Collector when he first came into the game, you need to watch this battle.

This was a really focused Bill Collector performance here. AND his song at the beginning of the battle is fire.

Dubb the Feenom stepped it up considerably as well. This is how battles between friends should go. Very personal, very competitive.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Naah, you can't say that fam.
he had some shyt worth breaking down in that sense.

But overall It wasn't a breakdown like that.

He was basically playing both rounds back to back.
Adding up all the dope shyt of each other's 3rds.

And like I said, I was kinda shocked how good of a case he had.
You know me breh, my word is bond

Go in unbias and check it out if you can
I can't listen to someone break down their opponents bars man :francis: i don't even see why either of them are putting so much energy into this still, they actin like this they first and last time on Smack, move on

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i can understand daylyt doing a breakdown vid cuz he raps in a weird way and he's an attention whore

but mike p doin it too now? :martin: i hope this doesn't become a trend because it's way too easy to go back and make up entendres and connections that you didn't initially intend

For me, the breakdown videos are some fun shyt to nerd out to. I don't support fans using them to pick a winner. Like you said, they work much better for weirdos.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
For me, the breakdown videos are some fun shyt to nerd out to. I don't support fans using them to pick a winner. Like you said, they work much better for weirdos.

Yea most of the time it just comes off like they beggin for the win, i only humor it with nikkas like day/qp/lux cuz they rap weird and actually have bars so complex that it warrants a real explanation, a mike p breakdown doesnt sound interesting at all

ReasonableMatic

Daps
They mad at me, cause I'm one of the rappers that really let that thang pop
I'm at the top of my game
So even if they tryna stop my Shine, I can't feel a Rain-drop
I know nikkas wanna be me, tryna stop my GD (Growth & Development)
Put on they darkest Gucci shades to see me
But it won't be like the end of a Murda Mook verse.. EZ/Easy
You BIRDS can't hol' me back..Weezy
WqcQsK3.jpg
:russ:
Dem Boyz N Da Hood is cold
They do anything for that Snow, Man..Jeezy
If I stretch my arms out, it's not to back a crowd up.. Beasley
I'm in the streets with all the grimey stuff
I'm in the hood pushin shooters and water..
That's SMACK breakin Hitman and Tsu-nami up -
ICE vs Big T

Ice 2-1, Big T's 3rd was dope tho

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you were a fan of Bill Collector when he first came into the game, you need to watch this battle.

This was a really focused Bill Collector performance here. AND his song at the beginning of the battle is fire.

Dubb the Feenom stepped it up considerably as well. This is how battles between friends should go. Very personal, very competitive.

Interesting to see Norbes there, considering the fallout Bill had with URL....

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

:ohlawd: Bill be snappin