Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
What happened?

I know he's been lazy as hell the last year or two, but was there something specifically that prompted this post

He is boring,basic and extremely overrated. Never seen a battle from him that ive enjoyed, i prefer real lyricism in battles and he has never shown that ever

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I'm usually not a fan of extreme statements, but in this case, I agree fully.

To take it a step further -- I'm ready for even the big cards to be 75%+ made of the newer/middle tier dudes. It'll be a bumpy transition for a little while fleshing out the "new" top tiers, but we gotta get on with it. It's going to be different having dudes who were not a part of the proper era, but.. we just have to get on with it.

nikkas like @FreshAIG ain't gonna like this. We have too many weirdo fans like him that swear by the old guard. :smh:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

To take it a step further -- I'm ready for even the big cards to be 75%+ made of the newer/middle tier dudes. It'll be a bumpy transition for a little while fleshing out the "new" top tiers, but we gotta get on with it. It's going to be different having dudes who were not a part of the proper era, but.. we just have to get on with it.

I agree, I'm ready for a new age. I love the vets but a lot of them have been fukking up. Either pricing themselves out of battles or they're half-assing shyt, For the game to go on we NEED new top tier dudes and we need to bring more new rappers into the spotlight. I'm tired of vets just showing up for a check.

However it's really up to the battle rap fans in general for things to change. At the end of the day vets get booked because their names brings in fans.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This nikka Ars think he about to school a nikka
So now I got to teach yo ass
I might pull that mag out, hollow heat seek yo ass
Aye Paul George, for that clown shyt you said
In person I wanna meet yo' ass
Cuz I’ma do you like the NBA did him and USE THE HEAT TO BEAT YOUR ASS!

QP vs Arsonal was such a great battle :ohlawd:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
14462998_1095071580608974_129111001556087916_n.jpg

Quantum Physics won :russ:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas like @FreshAIG ain't gonna like this. We have too many weirdo fans like him that swear by the old guard. :smh:
I mean, all that's gonna happen is the guys y'all want to be on top now are gonna be on top and then they're gonna start having the exact same issues and y'all will be bytching about that and the cycle continues. :yeshrug: This is battle rap, if you don't think you're gonna like the participants in a certain battle, then don't watch it. It's not like anybody stops the younger cats from battling, they got battles too; if you prefer those, watch those. If you don't like the older top tiers, don't watch the battles. There's too much complaining for what is essentially free content.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

These new dudes aint swaggin like the old guard though. Miss them harlem dudes man.

peep what rex said: "cause i dont really wanna talk about it. But since yall seem like yall wanna hear it. Im'a talk about it"

bruh the swag he had when he said that :dead:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
"I'm a hustla nikka, I gets cash on the go/
Back in February in Toronto ,I was hustlin bags of the dro/
That's when ARP pulled me to the side and said "when you gonna battle Showoff, I be booking his ass for the low" this was right before Queenzflip started whoopin his ass in the snow" :damn: :mjlol: :dead: :laff:
Link?:feedme:

EDIT: NVM

Last edited: