Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
does this idiot Fab not know that Surf and Rex and good friends?

nikka gave them a bag for a couple mixtape verses :mjlol:

They are good friends who spend hours on end talking big shyt to each other. It could go either way. At least I hope so. It's only one round, so it would be hard to call a winner anyway. If they both do well, they might be able to finesse a bag for a 3 rounder.
To bullshyt through this battle would be another slap in the face to their fans. It will also show that the competitive spirit is truly dead.

I have no idea what Fab is thinking though. But Mistah Fab is a fast talking hustler, he knows the game, I just can't see him letting these dudes take his money and give him weak product.
Is this shyt in Oakland? If a nygga doesn't put his best foot forward he might not make it outta there...

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, Surf and Rex is a battle I'd actually like to see, friends or not. I mean, at this point, 90% of these guys are friends or at the very least cool with each other. It's hard to see the same people event after event after event, and think they're really going to "hate" each other any more. But these two talk shyt to each other all of the time, and talk shyt constantly, so it could really be extra entertaining, especially since Rex only has to craft one round. There's been at least a few one rounders with guys who are pretty much friends that turned into great material, at the very least for one guy... Rex/Hitman, Hitman/Cal immediately come to mind.

Plus Rex is on that list of guys that Surf has WANTED to battle, for his legacy's sake. Rex, Mook... I don't think he'll just bullshyt through this.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMO Hitman is the biggest name in battle rap. You put Hitman on a card and the internet is lit for a few days. No one else has that "it" IMO.

Wait....I been off the scene for a min. U talmbout Hitman as in Holla? He is considered as one of if not the biggest names in battle rap?

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also, I saw something the other day where people were asking if Mook was the GOAT. lol. dont get that either. then people were saying he never lost on video. did Serius not count? :merchant: maybe cuz I like directs and I never really remember him like that. :yeshrug:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ok, I hadnt seen this battle in like 4 years so I seen Hitman in some corny battles after this I got confused and thought he lost this....but I remember, this was actually one of the first Hitman battles I saw and I thought he was one of the top dudes. I was starting to stan him but after I saw him after that in some joints where he was wack I stopped checking for him.

This has to be his best battle, and his 1st round was classic.