Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Surf has 3 battles in a month.

Hitman or Con would never do that. Someone who cares about the brand just wouldn't do it. Anyone who books 3 battles in a month needs to do it. Hitman or Con don't need to do that.
Are you trying to tell me Hitman and Conceited haven't/wouldn't make clearly strictly money moves that do nothing to enhance their standing in battle rap?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you trying to tell me Hitman and Conceited haven't/wouldn't make clearly strictly money moves that do nothing to enhance their standing in battle rap?

No

What I am saying is at this particular point in time, they don't have to.

Here is the U Dubb card

14368925_10153699004136883_7988586842879924685_n.jpg

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No

Here is the U Dubb card

So when Conceited and Hitman take battles that don't make any real logical sense, it's just because they wanted to? Or they got an offer too good to resist? Or what? Because neither of their recent history has been any type of brand building.

What would make Surf taking a battle against Suge for the money worse than Hitman taking a battle against a cat fresh off of a prison stint?

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he only thing Surf had the whole battle was the Pau/Howard scheme which won him the first, and "pass the glock to Foxx" in the third.

Con clearly took the first. Best round of the battle imo. Con came out the gate swinging with that forrest gump/crip bar and took off in the first.

Surf had some dope shyt specially in the first but Con was just too much that battle. Classic battle imo.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So when Conceited and Hitman take battles that don't make any real logical sense, it's just because they wanted to? Or they got an offer too good to resist? Or what? Because neither of their recent history has been any type of brand building.

What would make Surf taking a battle against Suge for the money worse than Hitman taking a battle against a cat fresh off of a prison stint?

Hitman & Con are the 2 biggest names in battle rap.

I don't view Surf on the same level of popularity. We are going to agree to disagree.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hitman & Con are the 2 biggest names in battle rap.

I don't view Surf on the same level of popularity. We are going to agree to disagree.
Are Hitman and Con even the two biggest names in battle rap? Or are they the two biggest names that happen to battle rap? Because there's actually a difference there.

Edit: And I'm not even saying they're not, they're certainly two of the most popular. But they're definitely not on some completely other level than the rest of these very popular cats. That Wild N Out viewership doesn't really translate to battle rap shyt like y'all seem to just assume.

Delicious

The D is for Delicious
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland/Brooklyn
No

Here is the U Dubb card

I hope Arsonal comes barking. That Tay Roc/Ars is really a perfect type of matchup.
I'll watch Surf vs Sug, but I don't think I care about it much. Grudge match be damned.
Red v. Magic can end up a classic or a fukking letdown. Hoping for the former

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its kinda funny Chilla turned down the 8K to battle Verb because he didn't wanna ruin his chances of being on SM
battled Arcane and i'm sure didn't get no where near 8k for it
And now SM isn't happening

Chilla's multiple inconsistent performances is what will keep him off the next big URL card. They gave him a chance to make a push after he killed Prep, it didn't work out.

vs Saga
vs Cortez
2 on 2 with Magic

Good performances in those battles would have set him up for a big URL card, whenever that happens.

I'm pretty sure he knew what was up after the Cortez battle didn't get a good reception.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I like this battle better on a platform like RBE or Black Ice.

U Dubb is a joke.

I'm telling you guys right now. That UDubb event & that Mr Fab event are going to be trash.

Does anyone else wonder how much longer battle rap will keep your attention? It's in a weird space. The top tier guys, the talent that got us interested are trash. The newer talent don't really have the "it" factor and have too many similarities.

nikka we already know. :mjlol:
If it's not URL, RBE, KOTD or even BBBL's production, I don't want to see the battle.

I'm glad too see somebody else finally admitting that the top tier nikkas are trash tho. We still have too many of those die hard day 1 URL nikkas that would pay to see and get hype for a Con vs Calicoe type matchup. :scust: