Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
smack is only doing this to himself

he stuck with the NY thing. and its time to move on from that

smack is a brand that can expand and move on. he can find a venue that holds 3-5k in other areas like buffalo, philly, jersey, maybe d.c, and he probably wouldnt have to deal with the bs from alderman that he would have to deal with in manhattan or brooklyn. etc. just bring the same production quality and the people will show up. then he can get back to paying the big names. maybe he has explored that idk, but from my view it seems he stuck in trying to do something in NY and that is not working out or keeping him stuck in smaller venues.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not big paydays, it's the lack of big venues available because of Math and recently Troy Ave. situation.
its still pay days, they still want large amounts and URL don't get bigger venues than 1000 so a battler can't justify the price especially since views don't bring in that much money either.

Young Fab

Banned
Daps
Idgaf about a Summer Madness. Long as Ill Will vs Rum Nitty drop l'm good fo da rest of da year.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Jesus battle rap is a mess

I've been saying the big paydays aren't sustainable and will ruin the culture

Well here we are
the thing is, imo it didnt have to be

smack is just as much to blame for this, as the battle rappers. he decided on sm2 to give mook and lux those big paydays and literally slap the dudes who built url up in the face. understanding there were sponsors there to help that, but that is when smack the business has to get his sponsor game up, which is what your supposed to be doing anyway. dna and clips are not supposed to be beating you in getting sponsors.

and as i stated above, there are dozens of buildings in the east coast within a hour or 2 of manhattan that can hold 3-5k people,hell its a few i found can hold more than 10k. but smack stuck on shutting down NY. and NY is not doing what it should do for battle rap. if he got to where he did with sm2, he should be triple that by time he gets to a sm6. but he moving backwards into smaller venues. it may just be time to move on from wanting to do shyt in NY.

another thing is, smack is going to have to get over the bootleg thing and do the ppv. its just really no excuse not to. the money he could make with just 10k ppv buys heavily off sets what he would make overall with youtube money. and with smack following, he could get 10k ppv buys easily. then all you do is add trailers or other special shyt, like maybe a pg battle to the bigger name battles on youtube and you will get the same hits.

but on this one, im with the battle rappers. you hand 30k to lux and 20k to mook, you laid a standard. only people stuck in old smack era believe they are clearly worth more than the guys who help build url. everyone else with common sense, knows at this point concieted, hitman is worth more than lux and mook at this point. them dudes are celebrities. even if the purist of battle rappers feel hitman is asking for too much, hitman is every right to ask what he is asking, con as well. my kids know who con and hitman are. my kids dont know who the hell a lux or mook is. that counts in viewership and attendance. that counts in ppv buys.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
there's not nearly enough blogs shytting on Mook for causing everything to spiral out of control
and thats really who is to blame for this. cause how beasley going to get in a clips verb hitman hollow face and talk about top tiers not bringing they best which hurts them giving them 30k when you gave mook 20k for 5 rounds of a damn snooze fest that nobody gives a damn about? smack tried to look out for mook on the low and mook shytted on smack lol.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
smack is only doing this to himself

he stuck with the NY thing. and its time to move on from that

smack is a brand that can expand and move on. he can find a venue that holds 3-5k in other areas like buffalo, philly, jersey, maybe d.c, and he probably wouldnt have to deal with the bs from alderman that he would have to deal with in manhattan or brooklyn. etc. just bring the same production quality and the people will show up. then he can get back to paying the big names. maybe he has explored that idk, but from my view it seems he stuck in trying to do something in NY and that is not working out or keeping him stuck in smaller venues.
I don't see the people traveling that far, Jersey being the exception and even then it would have to be near a NJ Transit or Path line. The paying fan base is mainly in NYC and they can get to those venues by subway for $2.75 each way as opposed to a train or plane ticket on top of a hotel room.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I don't see the people traveling that far, Jersey being the exception and even then it would have to be near a NJ Transit or Path line. The paying fan base is mainly in NYC and they can get to those venues by subway for $2.75 each way as opposed to a train or plane ticket on top of a hotel room.
well, i was told that when verb was complaining about NY crowds booing, the counter argument was most the crowd wasnt from NY and they were coming from everywhere. so people will fly from atl, houston, indiana, drive from boston philly baltimore to manhattan but wont go to jersey or philly or d.c? i find that hard to believe.

secondly, if smack was still some upstart league, then yea you stay in your lane, smack as a brand is built to the point you can move to another area in the east coast and still get the 2000 fans and then build it up to 3-5k . ive seen the lines in NY and a ton of people dont even get in the venue. give it 2 years and a place that holds 5k will be full to capacity with major names on the card. your not going to tell me a brand that has over 600k subs on youtube is avg 500k views even on their pg battles and clear 1 mill with bigger names easily cant get 5k people in a room? hell more people from out of town would be prone to drive or fly in and go to a summer madness if they knew they had a shot to get in the building. but with webster hall, irving plaza, so many people got turned around and when word got around that it wasnt room or that so many people got turned around, you get a place to hold 3-5k more people take the risk and go cause its a shot they can get in.

your supposed to keep growing. the goal should be getting into the garden or the barclay center. you get there by growing the brand and venues. when you settling for smaller venues you turning more potential buyers away who feel there is no way to get into the event. hell smack probably not selling out the event just cause the presumption is that you cant get in the venue.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
and i have already factored in , that NY is a huge tourist area. so many will travel to NY before they travel to maybe a philly or a baltimore. but again, if you were like boxing moving 30k from the mgm to another venue, then yea, but you talking getting 3-5 in a room. that is possible with a battle rap crowd in another area on the east coast.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there's not nearly enough blogs shytting on Mook for causing everything to spiral out of control
Blaming Mook for this is a short sighted reach. Pay had to increase, that's the way any business works, unless you're going to continuously refill the labor force.