Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny. URL just posted on their Facebook page yesterday for Throwback Thursday the Surf-Hollow battle. 90% of the posts in there were about how Hollow died that night. This is the only place I consistently hear the opposite.

I cant be mad if you give Surf the W cause both where trash. but he aint kill shyt with those nash, h ur L on the low reaches.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 minute rounds againsts kotd guys or url guys who play around cuz they don't count non url battles :scusthov:

Alright, lemme go through the Head Ice on KOTD files

Ice vs Pat Stay was pretty cool, I have to go back to it but I enjoyed it when it dropped

Ice vs Daylyt was dope

Ice vs Serius Jones was fire, he had Serius under pressure but Serius redeemed himself somewhat with a fire 3rd

Ice vs Real Deal was enjoyable, would have been better without the sound issues & Real Deal slipping up

Ice vs Bigg K was fire, crowd can dikk ride Bigg K all they want the footage tells the real story

Ice vs Arsonal was dope, even though the Rebel caught Ice slipping

It was fun to watch Ice son KG Da Poet & Deadman, even though they aren't great battles

Do either of Head Ice's battles on the URL proper (vs K Shine & Tech 9) rank in your top 10 Head Ice battles? Not mine.

Head Ice's Grind Time/Poison Pen TV performances (vs Quest McCody & Swave Sevah) are better than his showings on Smack.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Alright, lemme go through the Head Ice on KOTD files

Ice vs Pat Stay was pretty cool, I have to go back to it but I enjoyed it when it dropped

Ice vs Daylyt was dope

Ice vs Serius Jones was fire, he had Serius under pressure but Serius redeemed himself somewhat with a fire 3rd

Ice vs Real Deal was enjoyable, would have been better without the sound issues & Real Deal slipping up

Ice vs Bigg K was fire, crowd can dikk ride Bigg K all they want the footage tells the real story

Ice vs Arsonal was dope, even though the Rebel caught Ice slipping

It was fun to watch Ice son KG Da Poet & Deadman, even though they aren't great battles

Do either of Head Ice's battles on the URL proper (vs K Shine & Tech 9) rank in your top 10 Head Ice battles? Not mine.

Head Ice's Grind Time/Poison Pen TV performances (vs Quest McCody & Swave Sevah) are better than his showings on Smack.
all of those guys outside of Pat and deadman could've happened on smack and i dont think they same type of material would've been used

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I agree that battle rap bars are light years ahead of most MC on beat beef raps. But this Game track kinda stuck out because he's heavy on the wordplay and schemes. :ehh:

He had a dope State Prop scheme too :whew:
I fukked with Joeys Drake diss because it was the closest to battle rap level lyricism I've heard in a mainstream diss track.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant be mad if you give Surf the W cause both where trash. but he aint kill shyt with those nash, h ur L on the low reaches.

In the venue Surf was electrifying v Hollow. The footage is sketchy, but having seen him I completely understand why he's someone people pay to see. And that was a long azz event, that battle wasn't last but I bet a lot of people were toasted by the time Surf & Hollow battled so we didn't really peep the reaches...
I've said it before, but I reiterate it as a reminder that things can be way different in the room, even if you're a seasoned fan.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
nikkas sayin tay roc and bigg k do the same shyt, so if u dont have the same opinion of both you aint consistent

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
I'm so tired of the Surf/Hollow debate. Like, nikkas are still giving this man credit for some of the most obscene reaches ever created. We get it, you didnt catch them in the building, but now you know better so how the fukk is it still a debate?

Anyways, those WGH nikkas suck for the most part. Are people really interested in seeing them get looks on URL?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Screen_Shot_2016_09_16_at_9_04_20_PM.png

Is this true? :mjcry:

Tell me this dude trolling :mjcry: