Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rum Nitty is pretty much a perfected WGH rapper if we're being real. The difference is that he has a good balance between bars and performance

That's part of the reason why he loves NYC, and NYC rocks with him.

I remember on Angryfan after the Ave battle, Caps asked him if he was nervous his first time battling in NYC.
He was like "Nah... to be real with you I felt extra comfortable... cause there was so many NYGGAS there"

That shyt touched my heart a little :wow:

Never really thought about the fact that he'd been rapping in front of goofballs for YEARS

Welcome to NYC my nygga :mjcry:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

I remember on Angryfan after the Ave battle, Caps asked him if he was nervous his first time battling in NYC.
He was like "Nah... to be real with you I felt extra comfortable... cause there was so many NYGGAS there"

Never really thought about the fact that he'd been rapping in front of goofballs for YEARS

that's why ICE needs to get back on that URL stage :mjcry: those KOTD cacs can't appreciate the street nuances in his bars

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WeGoHard must've struck a deal with SMACK URL as the league that will get the first look when it comes to PGs. Pretty sure Norbes felt like it this would work for them in the long run to recruit more of the young gunners on the east coast.

B City (the person who runs WeGoHard) does camerawork for Smack. He shot all the rooftop battles, if he shot a URL battle a WGH logo will appear at the beginning after the Smack logo.
At this point, everyone gets a PG. So the only real favoritism shown is the occasional upload of a WGH battle to the URL channel, which is probably part of B. City's compensation package, or whatever you would call it.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's why ICE needs to get back on that URL stage :mjcry: those KOTD cacs can't appreciate the street nuances in his bars

That's true, but URL also has been conditioned to hear a punchline every four bars. Swave even admitted he had to switch it up and start punching more for his comeback vs Tink. I don't have any complaints about Ice's work with KOTD really. They may not catch everything, but they give him that Superhero love and the footage looks good. It's his choice to battle over there, it's not all he knows.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
That's true, but URL also has been conditioned to hear a punchline every four bars. Swave even admitted he had to switch it up and start punching more for his comeback vs Tink. I don't have any complaints about Ice's work with KOTD really. They may not catch everything, but they give him that Superhero love and the footage looks good. It's his choice to battle over there, it's not all he knows.
2 minute rounds againsts kotd guys or url guys who play around cuz they don't count non url battles :scusthov:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

Why don't the WGH/trap house nikkaz get bigger looks on smack. Where's Brooklyn Carter?

Chess, Steams, Dre Dennis have had looks tho

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

Game is on some battle rap shyt with this Meek Mill diss. I had to post this track in here because he has quite a few bars that we've heard in battle rap. :mjpls:

"You only get 4 bars like a kit kat" :sas1:

Sounding like The Dinn Ninn Non :mjpls:

It's hard for me to listen to mainstream diss bars, they're so shytty compared to what we're used to hearing

Ether is still :huhldup::whoa::whew: tho

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
It's hard for me to listen to mainstream diss bars, they're so shytty compared to what we're used to hearing

Ether is still :huhldup::whoa::whew: tho
Yeah I agree that battle rap bars are light years ahead of most MC on beat beef raps. But this Game track kinda stuck out because he's heavy on the wordplay and schemes. :ehh:

He had a dope State Prop scheme too :whew:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don't the WGH/trap house nikkaz get bigger looks on smack. Where's Brooklyn Carter?

Chess, Steams, Dre Dennis have had looks tho

Realistically I don't think Smack digs that WGH style shyt, and I don't think Norbes is into that WGH sound either. But B. City works with them, and WGH is a respected platform, so they try to use WGH as a breeding ground. I notice they have a lot more outsiders coming to the WGH platform now, Uno Lavoz just battled over there lol

Brooklyn Carter has a similar problem to Prez Mafia imo. I think a lot of battle fans think he's too extra, slightly annoying, and not lyrical enough. But when a more likable and possibly more lyrical battler does a version of his style, everyone goes crazy for it.

Most of the well known battlers from "Traphouse" have defected, outside of Dre Dennis & J Murda. Bedaffi Green is now WeGoHard, Fettucine Linguini doesn't fukk with Traphouse anymore, Prez Mafia doesn't rock with Traphouse any more, etc, Showoff is on RBE, Jimz is on RBE, I feel like DOT is Traphouse affiliated but I don't know what he's up to now.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Game is on some battle rap shyt with this Meek Mill diss. I had to post this track in here because he has quite a few bars that we've heard in battle rap. :mjpls:

"You only get 4 bars like a kit kat" :sas1:

Sounding like The Dinn Ninn Non :mjpls:

Game be mimicking other rappers and sneak thieving, but as a battle rap fan I respect that he always has a fully loaded clip when the drama pops off. Only Game diss record I remember not being impressed by was the one for Joe Budden.