Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Nah..... it's dying champ. URL has no choice but to keep recycling cards/names. RBE leaving was crucial, Lux vs Nitty kinda stop the bleeding for a minute, Kotd is trying to give it a shock or two from the AED. Eazy vs Ill Will can give it another breath of life as Lux vs Nitty did, if it turns out how I hope it'll be. The amount of must see match ups left in battle rap is in the single digits.
& more importantly URL haven’t created any new stars

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Nah..... it's dying champ. URL has no choice but to keep recycling cards/names. RBE leaving was crucial, Lux vs Nitty kinda stop the bleeding for a minute, Kotd is trying to give it a shock or two from the AED. Eazy vs Ill Will can give it another breath of life as Lux vs Nitty did, if it turns out how I hope it'll be. The amount of must see match ups left in battle rap is in the single digits.
It's a turnover period. Fans always complain. It's out with the old and in with the new. If your stuck following those names then it might appear dead to you. I am one that loves finding the new talent and following them. Eventually some guys will emerge and then the old ass dudes will pop back up to battle them. That's just the life cycle of battle rap.

Back when math verb ill calicoe hollow conceited big t goodz etc guys were coming in it was a shyt load of battle rap fans talking about its not what it used to be like it was on the old smack dvd.

Same complains were made when roc and surf and DNA etc were starting to make their ascend

The it's no more stars talk was there but I saw the stars when twork geechi nitty and t top were coming up

And now the next crop of stars is on the way. Battle rap will never die for those who stay in tune. But if you just out of watching battles then wait for cards to pop up with names you like then it might feel dead for you.

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
Jag is a habitual line stepper and pathological liar, he brought it all on himself.
yeah, i hear what homie is saying, but technically arp is out of battlerap so im cool with him divulging where the bodies of repeat offenders are buried. niggs love "real talk," "man time," and put everything on they momma and bluuud, but i gotta be professional after i get burned by you multiple times and you treat me like im an idiot with half baked stories. jag earned this trip to the circus.

allegedly :comeon:

Daps
Battle rap will perpetually tread water until professionalism becomes a part of the culture (lol). Even excellent performances from Nitty and Lux are all but forgotten now due to the drama since that event.

There are no proper channels established for consistently promoting battles or outside projects aside from battlers crashing out on Spaces. Bloggers are not reliable since they are incentivized to fuel fires, which generates more income than what battlers receive on average. Kenny Lewis' show on Fox 5 is a good idea in principle, but it's Kenny Lewis.

Battle rap lacks standards on a fundamental level and it will be difficult to establish any after more than a decade of bullshyt from all parties. I have never seen an industry where adults are coddled (Twork/Chess) or provided unlimited chances (Qleen) to this extent.

Hopefully, Eazy's card is fire, but I don't think it will change much at all.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Bloggers are not reliable since they are incentivized to fuel fires, which generates more income than what battlers receive on average.
It's why I respect jayblack. There was some drama going on a few months ago. I forget what it was, but it was something all the br media was covering(maybe Eazy/Remy shyt?). He got on his platform/channel and said he doesnt want his platform to focus on that part of BR and it brings the culture down, so he wont be covering that mess.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
It's why I respect jayblack. There was some drama going on a few months ago. I forget what it was, but it was something all the br media was covering(maybe Eazy/Remy shyt?). He got on his platform/channel and said he doesnt want his platform to focus on that part of BR and it brings the culture down, so he wont be covering that mess.

But Jayblack is messy. When he start taking the moral high ground? I really hate that nikka

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a turnover period. Fans always complain. It's out with the old and in with the new. If your stuck following those names then it might appear dead to you. I am one that loves finding the new talent and following them. Eventually some guys will emerge and then the old ass dudes will pop back up to battle them. That's just the life cycle of battle rap.

Back when math verb ill calicoe hollow conceited big t goodz etc guys were coming in it was a shyt load of battle rap fans talking about its not what it used to be like it was on the old smack dvd.

Same complains were made when roc and surf and DNA etc were starting to make their ascend

The it's no more stars talk was there but I saw the stars when twork geechi nitty and t top were coming up

And now the next crop of stars is on the way. Battle rap will never die for those who stay in tune. But if you just out of watching battles then wait for cards to pop up with names you like then it might feel dead for you.

s. No league creates stars they provide the platform. The battle rappers create their own stardom provided the platform.

Man no it wasn't, The entire culture was still very much alive and thriving when they all were coming up lol.

There's no new crop of stars coming into battle rap, not if your thinking it will be some sense of originality with these nyggas, to eventually put asses in seats down the line. Right now it's the Yunis kid making a little noise. That's only 1 person. It's not happening fam, this is the PG Step Era x 3, with no real hope in sight this time around unfortunately.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Man no it wasn't, The entire culture was still very much alive and thriving when they all were coming up lol.

There's no new crop of stars coming into battle rap, not if your thinking it will be some sense of originality with these nyggas, to eventually put asses in seats down the line. Right now it's the Yunis kid making a little noise. That's only 1 person. It's not happening fam, this is the PG Step Era x 3, with no real hope in sight this time around unfortunately.
He aint making no more noise than all these other nikkas stop.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
nikkas give to many passes to ARP. I remember a few years ago when URL was explaining the app shyt ARP said it was definitely possible to make YouTube money and them was bragging about how much money him and hitman made. Also he never really cared about the bricks and never made efforts to make them stars

Honestly it baffles me how much the fans love this corny ass nikka

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
nikkas give to many passes to ARP. I remember a few years ago when URL was explaining the app shyt ARP said it was definitely possible to make YouTube money and them was bragging about how much money him and hitman made. Also he never really cared about the bricks and never made efforts to make them stars

Honestly it baffles me how much the fans love this corny ass nikka
ARP was the only thing stopping URL from having a WWE like monopoly on battle rap for years keeping them kinda sorta honest, never did bad business, never blocked battles, and never stopped people from getting money. He's built a ton of good will in the culture.

Krs2

Pro
Daps
ARP was the only thing stopping URL from having a WWE like monoply on battle rap for years keeping them kinda sorta honest, never did bad business, never blocked battles, and never stopped people from getting money. He's built a ton of good will in the culture.
He also lied a lot
Where's all this money he said it was on YouTube? Never did bad business is questionable people just don't grilling like they do URL.
Bragging about making half a mill for hitman while his day one battlers get peanuts and the bricks don't get paid smfh

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He also lied a lot
Where's all this money he said it was on YouTube? Never did bad business is questionable people just don't grilling like they do URL.
Bragging about making half a mill for hitman while his day one battlers get peanuts and the bricks don't get paid smfh
Got proof of any of this?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He aint making no more noise than all these other nikkas stop.

Fam I have never cared to watch him, I promise you but I don't see any other new talent's name being mentioned like that. What happened to Klutz and whoever else? Lol. Yunis the only new name getting thrown around over the past few months.