Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I'm curious what is the last battle y'all have watched? I know we act like battle rap is dry, but in reality a lot of battles drop in these small leagues.I don't have an interest in watching them though.

Last battle for me was that Lux/Rum the night it happened.

Tried to watch Clips vs Eazy. Clips is so ass dawg.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Big Drac’
All he heard is toolies pop, mid-day
Cops is all through they block
Heard they even stood over dude that’s shot
That’s click bait,
they don’t know if it’s Newz or not!!

- G.E. vs Bad Newz
G.E. still got it :wow:

You quoted the wrong thing nikka

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm curious what is the last battle y'all have watched? I know we act like battle rap is dry, but in reality a lot of battles drop in these small leagues.I don't have an interest in watching them though.

Last battle for me was that Lux/Rum the night it happened.
I watch a lot of small league shyt so
I watched like 4 battles today

If you only watch major shyt :manny:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Ez responds to all the vlogs about him/verb

Apparently him and verb cool, says he dont take anything personal when it comes to verb.
Says he texted hitman and verb the same thing, "dont bring no bullshyt to the event" because verb was saying "pull up to my next event, you know what it is". Which is a problem since Verb's next event is the Trenches. That's some hoe shyt for verb to say :yeshrug:
Calls out Chris Unbias about some of his "facts" like gerald paying Verb instead of Ez paying him.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps

Battle rap has fallen way off.
The first Kings vs Queens was dope because it was fresh (basically URL versus QOTR) and the battlers and the league actually promoted it on some us versus them type shyt. Battle rap promo has been lazy for a couple of years now, with the exception of Verb and a few others. There are announcements, then a faceoff the day before the battle and that's it.

It also introduced most battle rap fans to Vixxen, who become an instant female battle rap star after her battle with DNA. So, instead of trying to introduce us to some really good up and coming female battle rapper on each of these, we get the same mix of female battlers. It's a wasted opportunity in a genre that badly needs new stars.