Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, it's clear to me that Verb was hating. He knew Hitman wasn't tryna finesse Gerald and was prolly jealous on some "Gerald is MY friend" bullshyt. Prolly more than that but I digress. The real offense is what happened after. It really doesn't matter who was/is right on the original issue. Tagging someone's EMPLOYER multiple times and talking about gang activities and fights that are online is unacceptable. I wouldn't associate or rock with ANYONE that would carry on like this. No defending this shyt.

lol actually he knew Hitman was trying to finesse Gerald, because that’s what battlers do. Battlers try to finesse league owners and sponsors all the time. Verb tried to finesse the URL out of 3k.

Everyone should be able to see a 20k deposit to write for motivation is some bull shyt.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
lol actually he knew Hitman was trying to finesse Gerald, because that’s what battlers do. Battlers try to finesse league owners and sponsors all the time. Verb tried to finesse the URL out of 3k.

Everyone should be able to see a 20k deposit to write for motivation is some bull shyt.

He in spaces venting and on twitter ranting but he need 20,000 for G. McCoy to write some rounds.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you ever heard of a good faith deposit? Why work for free? The only thing Hitman got wrong is not telling Gerald that negotiations with Beasley were on the low. Also, he prolly shoulda just waited for the contract and have Beasley worry about getting at Gerald for the sponsorship. At any rate, nikka even if he WAS tryna finesse Gerald, Verb's police ass Karen ass antics are unacceptable.

Or why not just wait until the URL/Sponsors pay Hitman the deposit?

Gerald wasn’t needed for this shyt. Again, this stems from the nygga business in battle rap, and how broke all these nyggas are.

I have no doubt that Hitman is capable of earning a lot of money, but that doesn’t man he has good spending habits.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Joe Budden, Queenzflip and Lux on spaces last night talking about setting up the Daylyt battle. Flip was in Harlem with Lux.

I’m wondering if I’d even like the battle. I probably like only one Daylyt performance his entire career and that’s the tay roc battle. Other then that I may like a round here or there or some moments

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IMG-1660.png

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County

so you would work for free on a contract that hasn't been finalized? That's not how contracting works...at all. That's not how any business works.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
Or why not just wait until the URL/Sponsors pay Hitman the deposit?

Gerald wasn’t needed for this shyt. Again, this stems from the nygga business in battle rap, and how broke all these nyggas are.

I have no doubt that Hitman is capable of earning a lot of money, but that doesn’t man he has good spending habits.
I said that in my post.

Daps
so you would work for free on a contract that hasn't been finalized? That's not how contracting works...at all. That's not how any business works.
Every battle rapper I seen said they don't start writing until they get a deposit so Hitman asking for money to start writing isn't weird especially $20k when his price is 6 figures.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In fairness I've heard a ton of battle rappers say they don't start writing until they get a deposit.

I guess the thinking is they don't want to start writing specifically for someone the battle falls through and then they sitting on bars they can't use.
I mean, it’s only logical that people don’t start working a job until they’re hired for it.