Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
nikkas like Rum, JC, T Top, Twork, Ave, Hollow, Lux, Chess, Lost, etc. should be on the app. Fans wouldn't have a problem paying to see established battlers. Footz, Solar Flare, Awfulthentic, Klusterfukkz, etc need to go on YouTube because why the fukk am I paying for bums? 8.99 a month is more than what them nikkas get paid front and back end.
thats why they be trying like hell to get a lot of those bigger names facing a lot of them no-names now.

why the fukk was tay roc facing ryda? or snake eyez? J2!??

Daps
I dont think anyone in this thread said the app shyt was a bad idea business wise for URL. The critique that came with the app(mostly how URL handled it) was it killed exposure for battlers. For example they couldve been releasing the first round of battles or something on the youtube while keeping the full battle behind the app etc. Battlers still get exposure and you entice more ppl to join the app.
Remember when Chess & Eazy had that fire battle & we said URL should put the 1st round on the channel

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Are we gonna pretend the app didn't come with a gang of fukk shyt attached?
I've had the app dam near since it started. What fukk shyt are you referring to?

For a independent app it actually performs very well. And they update. No different then any other app. All apps have its shortcomings. I was just on the max app trying to watch tnt games and it kept freezing. Of course no one will make a fuss when it's them or Netflix going up to 25 dam dollars a month.

Battle rap is a small niche group of fans who love this culture. It will not survive depending on YouTube. Battle rap fans need to progress put away the walkmans and find out how things are being progressed now. Support the app support members only. Stop bootlegging.

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
I think the lesser known battlers should've been on Youtube... A lot of people still don't have the app...

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I think the lesser known battlers should've been on Youtube... A lot of people still don't have the app...
My counter to that argument is that there a shyt load of "lesser talent" on YouTube and nobody gives a shyt. I think across the board no leagues are investing much into the brand of a newer guy. Honestly eazy da block captain messed that up. Guys got to get out there themselves and make a name. Whether it drops on YouTube or not that is going to be the case. I'm not seeing the views on YouTube to justify the drops on YouTube.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I wonder how the fans that have tattooed midnight madness on their bodies are doing right now
that time period of everybody meat riding Surf on spaces was a dark period in battle rap
Surf’s Stanbase displayed Olympic level meat riding during that era
That level of Stannery is still unprecedented in Battlerap :scusthov:

Surf’s Stanbase bout to show legendary mental backflips to defend his blatant biting :mjpls:

To make it seem?!?! :gucci:
I fux with you heavy, but you BUGGIN my nikka

It wasn’t “just the rhyme pattern, I guess”
Surf stole:

• The rhyme words
• The rhyme structure
• The flow
• The cadence

For WILD long too

• Quilly - Flex Freestyle #062 in 2017:
Invited em / Invite em (1)
Like it / like em (2)
Dykeman (3)
Icing (4)
Spiked it / spike em (5)
Typin (6)
Tyson (7)
Exciting (8)
Ice in (9)
Slicin / slice him (10)

• Surf vs Cortez in 2022:
Like em / like it (2)
Hyphen
Tyson (7)
Icing (4)
Ice em (9)
Exciting (8)
Spike em (5)
Type writing / typing (6)
Invite em / invited (1)
Slice em / slicing (10)
Dykeman (3)

No human being on earth is gonna have THAT MANY similarities by coincidence.
Surf STOLE, let’s be fukkin FORREAL.

nikkas playin all kinda word games like the evidence ain’t clear as day. Fukk wrong with nikkas :gucci:

The nikka STOLE :ufdup:
Surfettes were gettin tattoos and actin like he wasn’t blatantly stealin
like we don’t have ears to hear and eyes to see the obvious :mjlol:

Last edited:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My counter to that argument is that there a shyt load of "lesser talent" on YouTube and nobody gives a shyt. I think across the board no leagues are investing much into the brand of a newer guy. Honestly eazy da block captain messed that up. Guys got to get out there themselves and make a name. Whether it drops on YouTube or not that is going to be the case. I'm not seeing the views on YouTube to justify the drops on YouTube.

If they are allowed to in the contract... merch rap on podcasts and radio webpages URL may have that under control too for the battlers.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Remembered when nikkas pressured URL to drop Pat Stay's (RIP legend) last URL battle on Youtube? Battle came out a month ago and only cracked 150k views. Folks are not putting their money where their mouth is.