Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Remembered when nikkas pressured URL to drop Pat Stay's (RIP legend) last URL battle on Youtube? Battle came out a month ago and only cracked 150k views. Folks are not putting their money where their mouth is.
The battle was mad old by then, and a lot of people don't like URL any more.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I've had the app dam near since it started. What fukk shyt are you referring to?

For a independent app it actually performs very well. And they update. No different then any other app. All apps have its shortcomings. I was just on the max app trying to watch tnt games and it kept freezing. Of course no one will make a fuss when it's them or Netflix going up to 25 dam dollars a month.

Battle rap is a small niche group of fans who love this culture. It will not survive depending on YouTube. Battle rap fans need to progress put away the walkmans and find out how things are being progressed now. Support the app support members only. Stop bootlegging.
👇
I dont think anyone in this thread said the app shyt was a bad idea business wise for URL. The critique that came with the app(mostly how URL handled it) was it killed exposure for battlers. For example they couldve been releasing the first round of battles or something on the youtube while keeping the full battle behind the app etc. Battlers still get exposure and you entice more ppl to join the app.

nikkas like Rum, JC, T Top, Twork, Ave, Hollow, Lux, Chess, Lost, etc. should be on the app. Fans wouldn't have a problem paying to see established battlers. Footz, Solar Flare, Awfulthentic, Klusterfukkz, etc need to go on YouTube because why the fukk am I paying for bums? 8.99 a month is more than what them nikkas get paid front and back end.

Remembered when nikkas pressured URL to drop Pat Stay's (RIP legend) last URL battle on Youtube? Battle came out a month ago and only cracked 150k views. Folks are not putting their money where their mouth is.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You not gonna see the views on youtube that supports youtube drops because URL fukked their algorithm up by not dropping anything for years. So of course the pat stay battle only gonna do 150k. They gotta build their shyt back up to show up.

Also when we had this app gang discussion various members posted about valid concerns like them not sticking the the released schedule they made and stuff like the only new content at the time being DNA's wrestling pod.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@cornercommission2k12

With all the valid complaints surrounding the app since it's release, then finally shooting a PPV thru the app, and everything about it was bad.....URL still needs YouTube, it's really no way around it. They went years without dropping the battles people wanted to see on the app. Off the top of my head, it's no way Roc vs Twork should of taken forever to be released in a timely fashion. It should of dropped with a YT trailer right after Lux vs Geechi, to be watched via the app.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Hustle wins WOTY

fakkit ass shyt. bytch got ghostwriters smh how can anyone in here be a fan of Champion/Jayblacs bytch ass dude is CLOWN and has 0 fukking integrity. Hes also a passive aggressive bytch made ass nikka. The panel as a whole has no integrity. @FreshAIG Is this how Brooklyn do?