Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Yall don’t really like Gwitty right? It’s a joke or sumn? He’s like the battle rap Riff Raff or 50 Tyson or one of them nigs right? He’s likable and funny to yall but ass…but acts like he’s madd nice…that’s the appeal? 🤷🏽‍♂️.
When I'm scrolling my Youtube feed I don't really be watching battles anymore but when I see Gwitty name I click because I know I'm going to get some funny shyt.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lotta PGs didn’t like Norbes because he was always being WILD disrespectful to them on the radio.

That’s what got him POPPED ON by D-Gunna.
If you listen closely you hear D-Gunna sayin:
“Yo, what’s that shyt you was talkin on the radio :demonic:

- D Gunna

Before he stole off on Norbes.

I'm a Streetstar forrreal
Palm the steel
I can punch him like Norbes..
For standin behind the grill, EWWW

- Gwitty vs Dougy

Gwitty was the first one to put it in Battlerap, right after it happened.

Norbes blackballed him over it, like the cornball he is.

This was WAY before Twork put hands on Norbes.
Put respect on Gwitty name :ufdup:

lmfao I remember that fiasco :dead: and Gwitty bringing it up vs Dougy :heh: Won't lie always gonna have a soft spot for the WGH era. Gave us a lot of gems like gwitty vs Chess and Chess vs Dougy.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lmfao I remember that fiasco :dead: and Gwitty bringing it up vs Dougy :heh: Won't lie always gonna have a soft spot for the WGH era. Gave us a lot of gems like gwitty vs Chess and Chess vs Dougy.

I came into TBZ and y'all talking about Gwitty v Dougy

Y'all caught me off guard with that one, salute

@Pop123
If there is nothing redeemable about this Gwitty performance you can just avoid Gwitty forever

Only Gwitty can make "I'm MAD SKINNY" a haymaker

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
My toys is firing

Tensions high I'm unda ya skin da moisturizing/rising:mjlit:

Let's speak on ya choice ah guidance :mjgrin:

Dougy.Only.Bring.Out.Da.Gangsta, when his boys remind him :mjgrin:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I came into TBZ and y'all talking about Gwitty v Dougy

Y'all caught me off guard with that one, salute

@Pop123
If there is nothing redeemable about this Gwitty performance you can just avoid Gwitty forever

Only Gwitty can make "I'm MAD SKINNY" a haymaker

That .38 make ‘em lean in :demonic:
I shoot him, shoot him, shoot him :ufdup:
I should Say It Again, it got a clean/Qleen-spin!! :gladbron:

- Gwitty vs Hazey :wow:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Verb didnt lose A Ward FOH with that bullshyt. And the 3rd round angle from Ill Will sounds terrible. nikkas be gassing angles just because theyre angles.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nice card Todd put together.

And Clips trajectory was really thrown off by that Hollow battle. He was still Clips at the time of that battle, but it was all downhill after that.

I would say that Clip's trajectory was thrown off by battling too much. That was eventually going to catch up to him. There's no way he should have battled T-Top prior to that Hollow battle on Rookies vs Vets.

Rookies vs Vets & Nome 5 were not that far apart. Nowadays, battlers are acclimated to short prep time, but back then these dudes needed time. Everyone who was on Nome 5 that battled on RvsV was very underwhelming on Nome 5, with the exception of Shine who sounded like multiple battlers pitched in to put together his material.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

ARP casually made 3letterman look stupid for meat riding Verb in spaces and not givin pushback using common sense & business 101.

Finally watched this. ARP slapping 3LM and Verb around like it's nothing:mjlol:

If ARP really retires, BR might really die. URL with no pressure/major competition will make Arrogant Sony look like Mother Teresa.

EDIT: All the shyt ARP said about the fans listening to Verb then doing retarded shyt goes double for the Surfettes. nikkas in Spaces sucking dikk and crashing out looking like idiots. Nasty work. The dumb BR fans are thee WORST.

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would say that Clip's trajectory was thrown off by battling too much. That was eventually going to catch up to him. There's no way he should have battled T-Top prior to that Hollow battle on Rookies vs Vets.

Rookies vs Vets & Nome 5 were not that far apart. Nowadays, battlers are acclimated to short prep time, but back then these dudes needed time. Everyone who was on Nome 5 that battled on RvsV was very underwhelming on Nome 5, with the exception of Shine who sounded like multiple battlers pitched in to put together his material.
Clips battled Pass probably a couple weeks after Hollow if I remember correctly (could be thinking of someone else).

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I suppose ARP announced his “retirement” to lower the fans expectations of the platform. The funny thing is even with ARP’s “retirement,” RBE can still be the number 2 platform. It’s still going to be a functional platform, just without the premium events.

I’ll say this though. If they can ever figure out how to break talent, I believe he’ll be back. Right now, there’s just not enough fresh talent at the elite level to really bother putting together PPV events.

I also think him booking “one offs” & “full circle” events is a slick way off booking PPV calibre battles for cheap, and taking battles off the table for the URL.Verb/Ill Will is a PPV calibre battle that isn’t even an option for the URL anymore (if they repair those relationshiips).

ARP seems like the type of guy to be like “hmmm this is a battle the URL would book, let me book this for cheap on full circle,” By doing little shyt like this, it makes it harder for the URL to find quality matchups for NOME or SM.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
I suppose ARP announced his “retirement” to lower the fans expectations of the platform. The funny thing is even with ARP’s “retirement,” RBE can still be the number 2 platform. It’s still going to be a functional platform, just without the premium events.

I’ll say this though. If they can ever figure out how to break talent, I believe he’ll be back. Right now, there’s just not enough fresh talent at the elite level to really bother putting together PPV events.

I also think him booking “one offs” & “full circle” events is a slick way off booking PPV calibre battles for cheap, and taking battles off the table for the URL.Verb/Ill Will is a PPV calibre battle that isn’t even an option for the URL anymore (if they repair those relationshiips).

ARP seems like the type of guy to be like “hmmm this is a battle the URL would book, let me book this for cheap on full circle,” By doing little shyt like this, it makes it harder for the URL to find quality matchups for NOME or SM.
The funny thing is Gerald McCoy at least partially financed the Verb vs. Ill Will battle.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Will vs Verb was a dope battle. The way people was talking I thought Verb got bodied. That wasn’t what I watched at all. Very debated battle. 2-1 either way

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Will vs Verb was a dope battle. The way people was talking I thought Verb got bodied. That wasn’t what I watched at all. Very debated battle. 2-1 either way

nikkas love hating Verb lol. They tried this shyt with the A Ward battle.