Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Finally watched this. ARP slapping 3LM and Verb around like it's nothing:mjlol:

If ARP really retires, BR might really die. URL with no pressure/major competition will make Arrogant Sony look like Mother Teresa.

EDIT: All the shyt ARP said about the fans listening to Verb then doing retarded shyt goes double for the Surfettes. nikkas in Spaces sucking dikk and crashing out looking like idiots. Nasty work. The dumb BR fans are thee WORST.
that time period of everybody meat riding Surf on spaces was a dark period in battle rap

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally watched this. ARP slapping 3LM and Verb around like it's nothing:mjlol:

If ARP really retires, BR might really die. URL with no pressure/major competition will make Arrogant Sony look like Mother Teresa.

EDIT: All the shyt ARP said about the fans listening to Verb then doing retarded shyt goes double for the Surfettes. nikkas in Spaces sucking dikk and crashing out looking like idiots. Nasty work. The dumb BR fans are thee WORST.

I wonder how the fans that have tattooed midnight madness on their bodies are doing right now

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I think all arp is doing is finding ways to get the most return on small room settings which is the most inexpensive to produce. I said back then I think arp took a hit on max out 3. Which is why all the complaints of the bootleg streaming came about. Arp is basically conceding to what smack said about no money or bad return on investments. Gerald Mccoy throwing rbe a lifeline like caffeine, exclusiv vodka, AL capone cigarillos and Harry did for years for URL. It's a lot of money to throw ppvs vod etc and now people can understand why the app is so important. Your not going to survive in battle rap without a independent source of income. All the major youtube cc's have websites and apps. Arp doing members only/patreon. It's the only way to stay above water right now in battle rap if your a big company.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Once again URL is proving to be ahead of the curve
That's why I hated all the "trapped on the app" talk. It was a dumb and exposed how much battle rappers didn't understand even the business they were in. Once the community guidelines changed for Google youtube as a monetary source became questionable. Huge platforms like the daily wire , tasha k, etc began doing apps and their own websites. Or they went over to rumble. There is no good money on YouTube anymore. On top of that at any moment youtube /Google can just snatch your channel and all of its content for whatever reason and you can get it back but getting it monetized again will be difficult. Url was def ahead of the curve and now we seeing other leagues conform.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
The app itself wasn't a bad idea. Releasing battles that no one cares about, inconsistent releases, lack of new talent and not utilising their YT channel to draw new members is what hurts it tho
I never felt the problem was the app. The problem is the fans. Even with arp doing members only I saw people attempting to bootleg a dam 3.99 members only from rbe. It's just too many battle rap fans that want only free shyt and it's telling me that the audience is just very broke. They only want to use their disposable income on weed and snacks.

I got the members only and the app. We need to support battle rap.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I hated all the "trapped on the app" talk. It was a dumb and exposed how much battle rappers didn't understand even the business they were in. Once the community guidelines changed for Google youtube as a monetary source became questionable. Huge platforms like the daily wire , tasha k, etc began doing apps and their own websites. Or they went over to rumble. There is no good money on YouTube anymore. On top of that at any moment youtube /Google can just snatch your channel and all of its content for whatever reason and you can get it back but getting it monetized again will be difficult. Url was def ahead of the curve and now we seeing other leagues conform.

URL been ahead of the curve since establishing the PGs. We've seen some fans and other leagues alike hate on PGs, the idea of having contracts and PPVs only to end up implementing those things themselves later on :heh:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I never felt the problem was the app. The problem is the fans. Even with arp doing members only I saw people attempting to bootleg a dam 3.99 members only from rbe. It's just too many battle rap fans that want only free shyt and it's telling me that the audience is just very broke. They only want to use their disposable income on weed and snacks.

I got the members only and the app. We need to support battle rap.
Are we gonna pretend the app didn't come with a gang of fukk shyt attached?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I dont think anyone in this thread said the app shyt was a bad idea business wise for URL. The critique that came with the app(mostly how URL handled it) was it killed exposure for battlers. For example they couldve been releasing the first round of battles or something on the youtube while keeping the full battle behind the app etc. Battlers still get exposure and you entice more ppl to join the app.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I dont think anyone in this thread said the app shyt was a bad idea business wise for URL. The critique that came with the app(mostly how URL handled it) was it killed exposure for battlers. For example they couldve been releasing the first round of battles or something on the youtube while keeping the full battle behind the app etc. Battlers still get exposure and you entice more ppl to join the app.

nikkas like Rum, JC, T Top, Twork, Ave, Hollow, Lux, Chess, Lost, etc. should be on the app. Fans wouldn't have a problem paying to see established battlers. Footz, Solar Flare, Awfulthentic, Klusterfukkz, etc need to go on YouTube because why the fukk am I paying for bums? 8.99 a month is more than what them nikkas get paid front and back end.