Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps
URL has the best track record of satisfying its consumer base. By a mile. Their product is leaps and bounds better now than it was 6-8 years ago, despite the actual talent in battle rap being worse than it was. Every reasonable complaint we’ve had as a fan base they’ve listened to and improved. I don’t want to shyt on y’all fandom but sometimes y’all sound like new fans and don’t remember all the bullshyt we put up with to get here: the 8 hour events, the 6 month waits for YouTube drops, the shytty streams, all the choking, all the no shows. Everything URL could control to improve these often loud complaints they’ve fixed.

Seeing so many people cry about YouTube drops when as a culture we fukking HATED the way URL operated their page is mind boggling. We’re in a way better situation with the app that is legitimately a good product now that they’ve yet again listened to feedback and improved upon.

Watching Chrome felt like watching a URL event from 2016. And it’s not a coincidence that Remy had all the same issues and complaints that Smack used to have back then.
Not once did I say URL doesn’t have the highest consumer satisfaction score, yet here you are pushing that narrative because you felt the need to defend URL of something I didn’t say.

I don’t want to shyt on y’all fandom, but sometimes y’all reading comprehension is laughable and y’all sound like fatherless kids caught up in tribalism.

Competition between businesses is good for the consumer. This is a universal understanding in economics contrary to y’all beliefs.

Multiple Black businesses can coexist in financial spaces without slander and lack of critique creating monopolies.

Pointing out hypocrisy and critiquing business practices doesn’t make you less of a fan of said business.

I understand that is very hard for y’all to comprehend, but it is possible.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not once did I say URL doesn’t have the highest consumer satisfaction score, yet here you are pushing that narrative because you felt the need to defend URL of something I didn’t say.

I don’t want to shyt on y’all fandom, but sometimes y’all reading comprehension is laughable and y’all sound like fatherless kids caught up in tribalism.

Competition between businesses is good for the consumer. This is a universal understanding in economics contrary to y’all beliefs.

Multiple Black businesses can coexist in financial spaces without slander and lack of critique creating monopolies.

Pointing out hypocrisy and critiquing business practices doesn’t make you less of a fan of said business.

I understand that is very hard for y’all to comprehend, but it is possible.
I was replying to your monopoly statement. From the pandemic until about last year they’ve never had less of an incentive to give a fukk about their consumer and yet they did in my opinion. The statement your replying to implied that NOW that chrome is bubbling, the URL is starting to take shyt seriously and personally I feel like that’s been a mischaracterization of what I’ve witnessed in past three years when they were the ONLY show in town.

Sorry if you felt like I was attacking you personally.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Oh shyt URL listened to my idea:ohhh:
Let me find out they are in the battle zone. What up P!

This thread is 10 plus years of battle rap history. Of course they're looking.

When this thread first started I was posting about battle rap on rapmusic.com. Shout out to Serge wherever he is.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I was talking about the Mic issues on chrome and the stream cutting out. Caffeine events are nothing like the old url events as far as time goes. The pre shows alone used to be damn near 4 hours long. And your last argument is the type of weird hate I’m talking about. Why doesn’t URL get credit for having a good partner?
The fact that you called the last comment hate shows how blinded you are for riding URL App dikk so much. You said URL events arent long as hell anymore. Me bringing up the fact that they still run long, Caffeine has had to step in twice at least, to shut the live event early, that's a fact. You dont know how long the shyt is on app only(non caffeine) battles because it's edited and not live.

Cause this argument bothers me. Some of y’all not being objective at all. It’s just hate from my perspective. I know why battlers want YouTube, i just think they’re overstating its current impact and agree URL has no business being on there anymore.
How are you going to tell a battler that they are overstating the impact Youtube when you not in the situation? Ez said it loud and clear, his moves outside of BR need Youtube views because other businesses cant use fugazi numbers from the app. Lu said he would be willing to take a pay cut to get a youtube release.

You are the one not being objective
This is just pure hate and salt:
Well now he has YouTube. Let’s see how drastically his already bright star rises. None of the nikkas with millions of views are really that popping outside of battle rap, unless it’s an assist from a fan of battle rap. EZ got a look off Caffeine, that everyone is writing off as dead. Everyone on Wild N Out is on there cause Nick Cannon loves the culture. The nikka with the most exposure outside of battle rap is probably DNA and it’s cause he hustles his ass off. It’s not like he’s a top view getter.

This is objective
Low/mid level battlers and the ones that dont do business outside of BR will do good with URL. I imagine you have a nice consistent check which is why lower tier guys like Loso/Ace ok with it. Beasley said some battlers make more streaming on caffeine than battling. But what comes with that is you locked in to the URL system and you have a ceiling with exposure. If you have aspirations outside of BR is when that becomes a problem for battlers.

On the Kshine vs URL shyt, I sided with URL. nikka got paid fully for battles he didnt do. I did understand Shine gripe about being ready but his opponent werent. But that's some shyt that's on him and other battlers who need to put clauses for that in their contract.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and hate. :manny:

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The fact that you called the last comment hate shows how blinded you are for riding URL App dikk so much. You said URL events arent long as hell anymore. Me bringing up the fact that they still run long, Caffeine has had to step in twice at least, to shut the live event early, that's a fact. You dont know how long the shyt is on app only(non caffeine) battles because it's edited and not live.
I’ve watched several events on caffeine fam. By and large the product is better overall than it was in the past. You agree with this. Saying “well it’s cause of caffeine” comes off as hate because they’re a partnership. Caffeine isn’t some big organization that’s trying to help out Smack as a favor.

How are you going to tell a battler that they are overstating the impact Youtube when you not in the situation? Ez said it loud and clear, his moves outside of BR need Youtube views because other businesses cant use fugazi numbers from the app. Lu said he would be willing to take a pay cut to get a youtube release.

You are the one not being objective
This is just pure hate and salt:

This is objective

On the Kshine vs URL shyt, I sided with URL. nikka got paid fully for battles he didnt do. I did understand Shine gripe about being ready but his opponent werent. But that's some shyt that's on him and other battlers who need to put clauses for that in their contract.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and hate. :manny:

Then show me the battle rapper making moves outside of battle rap and it’s fanbase. I thought that was an objective statement. DNA as far as we can tell is the only one I’ve seen do it. Surf has probably gotten the farthest in music. Maybe Eazy can too, maybe having million view battles on YouTube will set him up through people outside of the culture. I’m just waiting to see it cause it hasn’t happened all that much yet.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I’ve watched several events on caffeine fam. By and large the product is better overall than it was in the past. You agree with this. Saying “well it’s cause of caffeine” comes off as hate because they’re a partnership. Caffeine isn’t some big organization that’s trying to help out Smack as a favor.
I've watched several caffeine events too fam. You said they no longer do long events and be on time, I used the caffeine shyt as an example of them still running long as fukk, and needed someone outside of URL to reign them in.

Also you did all the bragging on URL just to shyt on other leagues.
Then show me the battle rapper making moves outside of battle rap and it’s fanbase. I thought that was an objective statement. DNA as far as we can tell is the only one I’ve seen do it. Surf has probably gotten the farthest in music. Maybe Eazy can too, maybe having million view battles on YouTube will set him up through people outside of the culture. I’m just waiting to see it cause it hasn’t happened all that much yet.
You just named them yourself. Surf, Ez, DNA, and all the rappers on WildNOut. Suge making movies, other rappers have clothing lines and shyt. Some got pods going on. You think Goodz wants to only sell cologne to battlerap fans only? Youtube exposure, metrics you can measure, helps in all those negotiations. Youtube helps them make moves outside of battlerap and it's fanbase.

Hell even in battlerap itself, Youtube helps them negotiate a bigger bag with other leagues. How can you be against battlers getting bigger bags for themselves?

You not a nikka that likes battlerap. You a nikka that just likes URL. This is coming from me, a casual battlerap fan, who really only watches URL :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea a lot of those companies don’t want to be associated with “I’ll kill ya baby moms” to intense crowd reaction. I don’t think y’all understand what happened to YouTube. Companies pressured them to clean up their site in a sense in order for their products to not be associated with the most vile the internet has to offer. This resulted in cleaner content being promoted and monetization structures being altered. Similar shyt happened to twitter pre Elon. Disney was interested in purchasing and saw how incredibly unhinged and unfiltered the user base was and did not want to put their name on it.
Pretty much, when A LOT of content that use to be on there or even just as casual as Family Guy clips got taken down left and right, years back....I knew the fix was in w/YouTube.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Pretty much, when A LOT of content that use to be on there or even just as casual as Family Guy clips got taken down left and right, years back....I knew the fix was in w/YouTube.
Yep, Adpocalypse. Beasly brought it up in his interview. They were getting paid as high as $50 per 1k views at certain points, then all that happned and went down to peanuts for them. Which is why I understand URL doing the App from a business POV. If they just have 100k ppl paying the $8 for the app, that 800K is way more money than they could make monthly on youtube.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

oh he on a press tour

1. 2:50 damn this nikka sound salty as hell about Ez. "Nobody remembers when nobody wanted to see you..." nikka you and Ez both benefited from Ez getting hot.
2. He makes sense, Ez shouldve checked with him about the Holla match if he checked in about the Big T. Maybe Ez thought the Hitman battle wouldnt be an issue since the Big T battle wasnt an issue. :manny:
3. Has Beasley commented on if Ez is still in a contract with URL? I cant remember if it was mentioned in the JayBlack interview. :jbhmm:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Why nikkas calling into Norbes line saying the app got too much wrestling shyt on there? :mjlol:

Random Thought: Caffeine deal ends this year. It's why URL getting ready to run live streamed events from the app. Caffeine charging for PPVs because they trying to recoup before they end the deal :jbhmm:

URL dont need Caffeine for PPVs. They can run their own, eat all the profit and then still run the app deal.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I've watched several caffeine events too fam. You said they no longer do long events and be on time, I used the caffeine shyt as an example of them still running long as fukk, and needed someone outside of URL to reign them in.

Also you did all the bragging on URL just to shyt on other leagues.

You just named them yourself. Surf, Ez, DNA, and all the rappers on WildNOut. Suge making movies, other rappers have clothing lines and shyt. Some got pods going on. You think Goodz wants to only sell cologne to battlerap fans only? Youtube exposure, metrics you can measure, helps in all those negotiations. Youtube helps them make moves outside of battlerap and it's fanbase.

Hell even in battlerap itself, Youtube helps them negotiate a bigger bag with other leagues. How can you be against battlers getting bigger bags for themselves?

You not a nikka that likes battlerap. You a nikka that just likes URL. This is coming from me, a casual battlerap fan, who really only watches URL :mjlol:
Yea you’re not following my point. Everyone you named aside for Surf and DNA is leveraging the battle rap fanbase. My point has always been that Eazy has access to that same fanbase even without YouTube. Clearly I’m in the minority with this viewpoint.

And OF COURSE they want to branch out. But they haven’t. With all the YouTube views in the world. Because what I believe URL learned the hard and expensive way is that this community is incestuous as fukk. We’re in a fukking bubble. If it wasn’t for wild n out, nobody outside of the couple million TOPS people who’ve watched Hitman battles would know who he was. It just so happens that Nick Cannon is one of those million. Yet Hitman comes back from wild n out and still does the same numbers he did before he left. That tells me all I need to know.

Shout out to Caps. He always keeps shyt down the middle. (I don’t agree with everything he saying either)

Last edited:
Daps
1. 2:50 damn this nikka sound salty as hell about Ez. "Nobody remembers when nobody wanted to see you..." nikka you and Ez both benefited from Ez getting hot.
2. He makes sense, Ez shouldve checked with him about the Holla match if he checked in about the Big T. Maybe Ez thought the Hitman battle wouldnt be an issue since the Big T battle wasnt an issue. :manny:
3. Has Beasley commented on if Ez is still in a contract with URL? I cant remember if it was mentioned in the JayBlack interview. :jbhmm:
Nobody cares to see Big T battle. The problem is Eazy battled someone who URL refuses to do business with. Hitman always say he is down to come back to URL but they just refuse to call him 🤷🏾‍♂️. Hitman vs Geechi have a high chance of happening on The Riot or RBE than on URL.