Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

JBQH

Pro
Daps
Saw someone online say that 1st Quarter Danny is one of the best we’ve seen. Always top 5 COTY during the first quarter. Comparable to All 1st verse Lux, 1st round Hitman and 2nd round Roc :pachaha::jbhmm::lolbron: I wouldn’t take Danny until April-August. He’ll be tired from all the battles as usual around that time. Then he picks back up again to end the year.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poor Jae Millz, sounds like Geechi catching a body. Predictable.

I stumbled on a Jae millz blog, which was basically his road to the Geechi Gotti battle.

In the blog, he said he’s never been to a URL event. It just seems like he’s too disconnected and doesn’t have any support to really turn it around. Guys like Tay Roc and Danny Myers are 100% in the culture. Look at someone like Hitman, that doesn’t battle often, but just stays involved.

In any job field, you need to be constantly training and updating your skill set. In addition, you may need to seek out mentors.

He really needs to reevaluate what he’s doing.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I stumbled on a Jae millz blog, which was basically his road to the Geechi Gotti battle.

In the blog, he said he’s never been to a URL event. It just seems like he’s too disconnected and doesn’t have any support to really turn it around. Guys like Tay Roc and Danny Myers are 100% in the culture. Look at someone like Hitman, that doesn’t battle often, but just stays involved.

In any job field, you need to be constantly training and updating your skill set. In addition, you may need to seek out mentors.

He really needs to reevaluate what he’s doing.
I'm watching Verb live on Youtube right now and he's saying the exact same thing. He said he still believes in Jae Millz but he needs to cut off whoever he's spitting his rounds to now and get someone more current to help him. He just has to let his ego go and not be stubborn. He was saying battle rap is not one of those things you can be in and out of, and just come back and think what you did before is still going to work. You have to keep up with the times or get left.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm watching Verb live on Youtube right now and he's saying the exact same thing. He said he still believes in Jae Millz but he needs to cut off whoever he's spitting his rounds to now and get someone more current to help him. He just has to let his ego go and not be stubborn. He was saying battle rap is not one of those things you can be in and out of, and just come back and think what you did before is still going to work. You have to keep up with the times or get left.

I'm about to give this a listen.

lol Verb would know better then anyone. You can tell when he's truly in it, and when he's not based on his performances. I thought he did well in both the Hollow & Suge battles.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Watched Yoshi/Phara. This 30/body talk is exaggerated. Phara clearly and obviously got the 3rd. Yoshi got the 2nd, and the 1st is closer than it appears. Phara was stumbling all over the place every round, and Yoshi's 2nd was crazy. She even had a mid round rebuttal. Phara just did the old Surf bring it way back/longer rounds thing. Good battle overall though.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Aye verb giving advice :pachaha:
He need to run his material by the same people he talking bout

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flip talking about while they were fighting he’s yelling out “I’m from Queens for a reason” :dead:

Talking about ARP randomly saying RBE during the altercation.

Flip was transparent as fukk about the whole thing too which is hilarious within its own right

Nah one of the things that makes Flip great is that you can't tell if he's playing or serious. I will never ever ever ever believe ARP was saying "RBE" during the fight.

:lolbron::lolbron::lolbron:

Imagine Rex's face when ARP was holding Flip up and punching him dead in the face....
:damn:

Rewinding back the tape Flip was funnier back then, he doesn't seem as sharp now.

Joe Budden please interview ARP when his next big event rolls around. And please bring up their fight.