Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is strictly about controlling battlers fame/money/movement and making as much money as possible. And I'm not mad one bit.

Why give battlers free pub they can use to get poppin somewhere else?

Plus every part of production/distribution/content/presentation is done by URL staff which saves/makes even MORE money for URL.

Isn't YT demonitizing videos that have lots of cursing and violence in it?

I’m looking at it from the perspective of bringing more subscribers to the app. This current approach just seems like things are getting stagnant. They aren’t doing anything to entice anyone to get the app.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still don't understand how smack planning to to get new people to sign up to the app.

I'd wager most of us became battle rap fanatics during the YT era. If smack don't give out "free samples" I don't see how he gonna wheel in new fans.

I don't think he is concerned with "new" fans. He recently said he's 100% independent. Independent generally means having less resources to promote yourself, focus more on core consumers etc. Apparently they make a lot of money off of the app.

I think the problem will be maintaining gold standard status in battle rap. He's not producing more competitive battles than RBE or Chrome. It doesn't appear that the "in the building" Smack URL experience has improved, that's problematic. The top stars are no longer loyal to Smack, another problem. His all time top star is likely going away for a minute. If Surf is Smack's top guy then what's so exciting about being under the Smack brand? Wouldn't you rather Hitman Holla's success? Geechi seems like he will break away once he can.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I had a random fukked up thought of ARP bringing Surf KFC on a visit

tz2xnwujxbrpztljakxi.jpg

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he is concerned with "new" fans. He recently said he's 100% independent. Independent generally means having less resources to promote yourself, focus more on core consumers etc. Apparently they make a lot of money off of the app.

I think the problem will be maintaining gold standard status in battle rap. He's not producing more competitive battles than RBE or Chrome. It doesn't appear that the "in the building" Smack URL experience has improved, that's problematic. The top stars are no longer loyal to Smack, another problem. His all time top star is likely going away for a minute. If Surf is Smack's top guy then what's so exciting about being under the Smack brand? Wouldn't you rather Hitman Holla's success? Geechi seems like he will break away once he can.

Chrome hasn’t done anything, nor will they be around if they continue losing money.

ARP throws 3-4 events a year. This is not enough to satisfy battlers.

There is no adequate alternative to the URL.

Last edited:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Chrome hasn’t done anything, nor will they be around if they continue using money.

ARP throws 3-4 events a year. This is not enough to satisfy battlers.

There is no adequate alternative to the URL.
even if other companies do pop up, URL already got a majority of who people want to see if exclusive deals. they're gonna remain the gold standard even if battle rap in itself takes a hit

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka these newer nikkas are the biggest culprits of this shyt. But yall eat up whatever wack ass shyt them nikkas spit. These nikkas aint writing, they spitting individually wrapped 4 bar sequences/4-8 bar schemes dont really mean shyt. Funny thing is I been pointing this shyt out and get clowned for it or called a hater. No set ups, no round structure, no transitions, no nothing. Just individually wrapped Kit Kats, that shyt ass moe.
Yeah. For once, this loser is right.