Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Remy does a terrible job promoting her events. She promotes like her league is already built up
She needs a real team if she wants it to go anywhere. Doing interviews and going on IG live a week or two before each event isn’t promotion

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
IMG-3951.jpg

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

blogger wars had to start for this to flourish

url tryna pay battle rap media to not cover RBE events?

URL being capitalists shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Battle rap is niche but it’s still a marketplace, at the end of the day and these underhanded practices are going to happen. The big problem is that battle rap isn’t profitable enough to run like a sports league with a talent farm/development system because that would be the best way to compete with URL. Even that approach would still require exclusivity contracts which is isn’t in the “spirit” of battle rap so leagues need to adapt instead of getting bullied.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

blogger wars had to start for this to flourish

url tryna pay battle rap media to not cover RBE events?

Capitalism is gonna capitalism, as soon as these other leagues realize that, the better off they will be. and the less surprised they will be at their competitors actually competing. Wake me up when these guys wanna talk about trying to regulate things in battle rap with anti-trust laws or somethin

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
URL being capitalists shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Battle rap is niche but it’s still a marketplace, at the end of the day and these underhanded practices are going to happen. The big problem is that battle rap isn’t profitable enough to run like a sports league with a talent farm/development system because that would be the best way to compete with URL. Even that approach would still require exclusivity contracts which is isn’t in the “spirit” of battle rap so leagues need to adapt instead of getting bullied.

I don't believe the things ARP discussed are normal in business at all. We keep saying Remy's promotion is terrible, but what if URL is paying platforms not to advertise her events?????

Remy & ARP are ready to spend. ARP has the money to offer Mook a 4 battle deal. Remy is spending big money on battle events regardless of her promotion not being all the way there.

The rumors are TMT is coming into battle rap, they will be spending too. Hitman vs Cassidy blew the lid off. That's how you make money. No one asked for that match-up, so you can't say "It was the match-up".

URL now has to adapt instead of trying to blackball people. They don't have that much leverage anymore. URL says no more Youtube, we are committed to the app. Eazy steps away from URL now he is on Joe Budden with Remy. You think he's worried about his next URL battle? All the top stars will demand more from URL because they won't get a Youtube drop.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe the things ARP discussed are normal in business at all. We keep saying Remy's promotion is terrible, but what if URL is paying platforms not to advertise her events?????

Remy & ARP are ready to spend. ARP has the money to offer Mook a 4 battle deal. Remy is spending big money on battle events regardless of her promotion not being all the way there.

The rumors are TMT is coming into battle rap, they will be spending too. Hitman vs Cassidy blew the lid off. That's how you make money. No one asked for that match-up, so you can't say "It was the match-up".

URL now has to adapt instead of trying to blackball people. They don't have that much leverage anymore. URL says no more Youtube, we are committed to the app. Eazy steps away from URL now he is on Joe Budden with Remy. You think he's worried about his next URL battle? All the top stars will demand more from URL because they won't get a Youtube drop.

There’s three main platforms, which are champion, Hiphopisreal, and 15 mins of fame. These are the three biggest platforms in battle rap and they cover everything. They would definitely advertise her events.

Remy has a clear trend of promoting her events poorly, which started with her first event.

You didn’t listen to the blog. ARP mentioned a blogger I have never heard of. The most popular bloggers cover everything (angryfan, Chris, psa, piperboy, vada). Angryfan is live right now talking about it and he’s never heard of this blogger.

And nygga, if Remy continues losing money and doesn’t figure shyt out, you’re damn right he’s going to be worried about his next URL battle.

Last edited:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s kind of crazy seeing kon artist back with battle rap content. I haven’t watch in so long their platform almost seems outdated (in a good way) they way they film with the same style. It reminds me of back in the days

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

Companies pay third parties to suppress the competition all the time, the only difference is that ARP called them out on it.

I personally think URL have dropped the ball majorly on expanding their brand because they’re heavily underutilizing YouTube and Caffeine. There’s no reason why they don’t have their podcasts on Youtube or regularly having freestyles by URL rappers. They‘ve even dropped the ball with getting behind URL rappers’ music (the good ones).

They probably don’t want to make the rappers bigger than the brand for obvious reasons but it’s made battle rap even more niche despite there being more money involved now.