Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Ill Will with a 30. Hollow wasn't terrible but just got outclassed every battle.

Don't help that he rushed through that 45 under the seat like old fries and receipts bar either too. Hate how the old heads that are losin it (verb and hollow) completely abandon any and all transitions between bars. very head ice ish

nikka these newer nikkas are the biggest culprits of this shyt. But yall eat up whatever wack ass shyt them nikkas spit. These nikkas aint writing, they spitting individually wrapped 4 bar sequences/4-8 bar schemes dont really mean shyt. Funny thing is I been pointing this shyt out and get clowned for it or called a hater. No set ups, no round structure, no transitions, no nothing. Just individually wrapped Kit Kats, that shyt ass moe.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
nikka these newer nikkas are the biggest culprits of this shyt. But yall eat up whatever wack ass shyt them nikkas spit. These nikkas aint writing, they spitting individually wrapped 4 bar sequences/4-8 bar schemes dont really mean shyt. Funny thing is I been pointing this shyt out and get clowned for it or called a hater. No set ups, no round structure, no transitions, no nothing. Just individually wrapped Kit Kats, that shyt ass moe.
works when your punches land. makes shyt that doesn't hit heavy get stale quicker tho.

it's definitely a tworkism. and probably the one that gets discussed the least tbh. the older nikkas that do it don't even try to dress it up tho. They rap they're little 2-4 bar things, stop, wait 3 seconds, and start rapping again. At least Twork has the gumption to quickly move on to the punch (if he doesn't turn into a diva about a punch not hitting, that is). I dont need a full round structured but they'll have the exact same cadence and structure for damn near the whole battle

ionno who calls you a hater (although you do some weird shyt at times) but we just know there's one nikka you gladly dikkeat. Is there anybody that blew up in the last 2 years you actually like tho? :patrice:

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
works when your punches land. makes shyt that doesn't hit heavy get stale quicker tho.

it's definitely a tworkism. and probably the one that gets discussed the least tbh. the older nikkas that do it don't even try to dress it up tho. They rap they're little 2-4 bar things, stop, wait 3 seconds, and start rapping again. At least Twork has the gumption to quickly move on to the punch (if he doesn't turn into a diva about a punch not hitting, that is). I dont need a full round structured but they'll have the exact same cadence and structure for damn near the whole battle

ionno who calls you a hater (although you do some weird shyt at times) but we just know there's one nikka you gladly dikkeat. Is there anybody that blew up in the last 2 years you actually like tho? :patrice:

Shut up you neurodivergent fukk face. dikk eat this neg. Negged.

Reptile

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
And @superchoops youre right, rounds dont have to be super linear (B Dots main problem). But its nice to start your 1st round, like a first round and end your 3rd like your concluding the whole battle. You do that and have tons of room in the middle of the rounds to do whatever you want, within the lines obviously.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do believe that all battles should be exclusively on the app.

However, i disagree with the url not utilizing YouTube at all. There’s really no incentive to even be subscribed to their channel.

For them to come this far in a niche genre where there isn’t a lot of money to be made, I would like to think they know what they’re doing. However, I would love to hear their reasoning why they don’t use their YouTube channel the way a company like let’s say the UFC does. They consistently create content to hype the fights on their platform.

It’s just bizarre to me that the URL doesn’t even use their channel. It just seems like they’re content with the way things are.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

However, i disagree with the url not utilizing YouTube at all. There’s really no incentive to even be subscribed to their channel.

For them to come this far in a niche genre where there isn’t a lot of money to be made, I would like to think they know what they’re doing. However, I would love to hear their reasoning why they don’t use their YouTube channel the way a company like let’s say the UFC does. They consistently create content to hype the fights on their platform.

It’s just bizarre to me that the URL doesn’t even use their channel. It just seems like they’re content with the way things are.
UFC also releases random free fights on YouTube…

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

They should at least drop a battle a month on Youtube.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
said it before will say it again

no reason why the UM's aren't on youtube, especially the earlier ones. can't imagine mfs on the app are still looking for Fonz vs Eazy even tho that's a top 5 UM battle

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is strictly about controlling battlers fame/money/movement and making as much money as possible. And I'm not mad one bit.

Why give battlers free pub they can use to get poppin somewhere else?

Plus every part of production/distribution/content/presentation is done by URL staff which saves/makes even MORE money for URL.

Isn't YT demonitizing videos that have lots of cursing and violence in it?

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I get the point off the app, trust me I do.

But there is a reason you haven’t seen new battlers blow up since they went to app only.

Hell Harlem Legend had the streets on fire after his YouTube “battle” on angryfans.

I’m a 85 south fan, and I would have never found out about them folks having a podcast if it wasn’t for YouTube. And guess what, I got the app because I enjoyed the content.