Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds to me like Nunn Nunn ain’t trying to go to Beasley’s Fun House, y’all.

Sounds to me like someone actually not performing and just being honest in front of a camera for once lol. These guys always try to convince you (and themselves) that they’re madd paid and super gangsta and virtually perfect, etc… when in reality you and me make way more money than like 95% of them a year.

Stability/Getting a fa sho 55-85k a year working >>>> Pulling in 1-3k per battle and having to scramble and hope you can put together maybe 10-12 a year. A Nunn Nunn-tier battler would be better off just getting a job…not even an amazing job, just a decent one…and he’s kinda/sorta mid tier. Most of the dudes are lucky to get a couple hundred dollars for battles

Last edited:

TheObserver

Is In a Race against Time.
Daps
Reppin
The South
A couple months ago Nunn was dissing other Leagues.. He had a lil run and Thought URL Loved him..
He could be eating off his craft but he probably still owe battles to URL..
Bye Nunn..

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds to me like someone actually not performing and just being honest in front of a camera for once lol. These guys always try to convince you (and themselves) that they’re madd paid and super gangsta and virtually perfect, etc… when in reality you and me make way more money than like 95% of them a year.

Stability/Getting a fa sho 55-85k a year working >>>> Pulling in 1-3k per battle and having to scramble and hope you can put together maybe 10-12 a year. A Nunn Nunn-tier battler would be better off just getting a job…not even an amazing job, just a decent one…and he’s kinda/sorta mid tier. Most of the dudes are lucky to get a couple hundred dollars for battles

It's always an issue when you have battle rappers that try to make a career out of battle rapping. The benefits of battle rap have always been the ability to showcase your talent and network. Battlers are a unique position where they can develop relationships that they otherwise would not be able to. The money made should be viewed as supplemental income.

However, 90% of battlers don't really know how to capitalize off these benefits the way Queenzflip, Math, Conceited, etc have been able to. Therefore, they're just kind of stuck and complain about pay where the money isn't really there like that.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
326906122_730055985115893_1267087494886905590_n.jpg

Breh what?

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
It's always an issue when you have battle rappers that try to make a career out of battle rapping. The benefits of battle rap have always been the ability to showcase your talent and network. Battlers are a unique position where they can develop relationships that they otherwise would not be able to. The money made should be viewed as supplemental income.

However, 90% of battlers don't really know how to capitalize off these benefits the way Queenzflip, Math, Conceited, etc have been able to. Therefore, they're just kind of stuck and complain about pay where the money isn't really there like that.
on one hand, you right. On the other hand, this is fukkin Nunn Nunn we're talking about :patrice: At least Math and Conceited are viewed as legends. Nunn Nunn..he can rap his heart out, but its an uphill battle. Especially with his accessibility being dropped to shyt with URL not doing youtube drops. Feels like usually when someone from battle rap makes it big, it's because someone outside of the battle rap world reached in and helped out.

Nunn Nunn had a trucking business that went under during covid time, so its not like battle rap was his only thing. shyt's gotta be disheartening tho when you see your ceiling and just how far up you gonna get

also, if you're on the top of the top or even close to it, you can paid in battle rap just on some dumb shyt
326906122_730055985115893_1267087494886905590_n.jpg

Breh what?
exhibit a

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
on one hand, you right. On the other hand, this is fukkin Nunn Nunn we're talking about :patrice: At least Math and Conceited are viewed as legends. Nunn Nunn..he can rap his heart out, but its an uphill battle. Especially with his accessibility being dropped to shyt with URL not doing youtube drops. Feels like usually when someone from battle rap makes it big, it's because someone outside of the battle rap world reached in and helped out.

Nunn Nunn had a trucking business that went under during covid time, so its not like battle rap was his only thing. shyt's gotta be disheartening tho when you see your ceiling and just how far up you gonna get

also, if you're on the top of the top or even close to it, you can paid in battle rap just on some dumb shyt

exhibit a

Nunn Nunn should not be looking at battle rap as a career. He should be using it to supplement his current income. How am I wrong?

Math made it due to his own initiative to take his career in his hands. Conceited was provided an opportunity, and he made the best of it. A lot of people are offered opportunities and fail to capitalize.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Nunn Nunn should not be looking at battle rap as a career. He should be using it to supplement his current income. How am I wrong?

Math made it due to his own initiative to take his career in his hands. Conceited was provided an opportunity, and he made the best of it. A lot of people are offered opportunities and fail to capitalize.
i'm just sayin while you're right about battlers having that ability to showcase their talents, network off of it, and build off of that, Nunn Nunn shouldn't be in the conversation about being able to reap the benefits of that ability.

There's a tier between the Conceiteds, Maths, Hitmans, Charlie Clips, even the Eazy's and where Nunn Nunn was ever gonna end up from a battle rap perspective.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Depends on your life goals and potential. You’re capped in the first scenario. In the second scenario you’re taking a huge risk and likely to be in a financial struggle if it’s all you do but you also have an opportunity to break the bank, relatively, if you get to a certain point. Plus you’re doing something you love possibly. Some men like comfort, some men like challenging situations. It’s not apples to apples.

Battle rap is also something you should be leveraging to get into other things. Like Goodz has done. Or Con, Hitman, etc. It’s a platform for you to gain some fame. Working an 85k desk job will bring you stability but it won’t give you those opportunities.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm just sayin while you're right about battlers having that ability to showcase their talents, network off of it, and build off of that, Nunn Nunn shouldn't be in the conversation about being able to reap the benefits of that ability.

There's a tier between the Conceiteds, Maths, Hitmans, Charlie Clips, even the Eazy's and where Nunn Nunn was ever gonna end up from a battle rap perspective.

Bangz has written for Chris Brown and he is in nowhere near the same tier as the guys you mentioned.

I agree it’s highly unlikely a guy like Nunn Nunn would reap those benefits, but it’s foolish to dismiss that possibility. You never know whose watching and willing to take a liking to you.

You’re creating an argument out of nothing. I clearly said 90% of the battlers won’t be able to capitalize off those benefits. The reading comprehension on this forum is deteriorating.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

Being able to captalize off something isn't really about your skill level per say, its more about how you carry yourself past a certain point. Nunn isn't some whack rapper, he's fairly proficient and he doesn't seem like too much of a bonehead (That's what really limits most of these battlers, they don't carry themselves very well), He can probably get something off of it if he really made a plan and went for it