Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Bangz has written for Chris Brown and he is in nowhere near the same tier as the guys you mentioned.

I agree it’s highly unlikely a guy like Nunn Nunn would reap those benefits, but it’s foolish to dismiss that possibility. You never know whose watching and willing to take a liking to you.

You’re creating an argument out of nothing. I was simply stated that’s the space battle rap is in, nothing more.
fam it wasn't even meant to be an argument. nobody even said you were wrong. sure, it's possible for nunn nunn to get an amazing opportunity. I even said most of the time it's someone outside the culture looking in and helping out.
Salute to Bangz for being able to do that. judging from an interview, CB is a big Bangz fan (and Uzi too?). Wrote a hook for H.E.R too? he gettin busy over there.

That can happen for anyone, i'll give you that.

...it's still fukkin nunn nunn though. I'd even say there's a tier difference between bangz and nunn nunn, especially on youtube. not too great in talent but still. Still not disagreeing with what you said beyond Nunn Nunn having a shot. get that CDL up and get truckin.

Being able to captalize off something isn't really about your skill level per say, its more about how you carry yourself past a certain point. Nunn isn't some whack rapper, he's fairly proficient and he doesn't seem like too much of a bonehead (That's what really limits most of these battlers, they don't carry themselves very well), He can probably get something off of it if he really made a plan and went for it
All true. He'd really have to plan that out. I don't see opportunity just falling in his hands like any of the legends....and bangz

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fam it wasn't even meant to be an argument. nobody even said you were wrong. sure, it's possible for nunn nunn to get an amazing opportunity. I even said most of the time it's someone outside the culture looking in and helping out.
Salute to Bangz for being able to do that. judging from an interview, CB is a big Bangz fan (and Uzi too?). Wrote a hook for H.E.R too? he gettin busy over there.

That can happen for anyone, i'll give you that.

...it's still fukkin nunn nunn though. I'd even say there's a tier difference between bangz and nunn nunn, especially on youtube. not too great in talent but still. Still not disagreeing with what you said beyond Nunn Nunn having a shot. get that CDL up and get truckin.

All true. He'd really have to plan that out. I don't see opportunity just falling in his hands like any of the legends....and bangz
Opportunity didn’t just “fall” in their hands though. That’s kinda the point. I’m not even sure of what Nunn Nunn even made the video for. It’s not even a big deal. He’s not talented/popular enough to live a decent lifestyle as a full time battle rapper. Plenty of people, I’d venture to say most?, have some form of supplemental income.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
on one hand, you right. On the other hand, this is fukkin Nunn Nunn we're talking about :patrice: At least Math and Conceited are viewed as legends. Nunn Nunn..he can rap his heart out, but its an uphill battle. Especially with his accessibility being dropped to shyt with URL not doing youtube drops. Feels like usually when someone from battle rap makes it big, it's because someone outside of the battle rap world reached in and helped out.

Nunn Nunn had a trucking business that went under during covid time, so its not like battle rap was his only thing. shyt's gotta be disheartening tho when you see your ceiling and just how far up you gonna get

also, if you're on the top of the top or even close to it, you can paid in battle rap just on some dumb shyt

exhibit a
But look at Rone. Obviously he had a much better career than NuNu but he's a big deal now over at Barstool hosting a podcast show with Patrick Beverly. And he was a middle of the pack battle rapper, even on the white side.

Like @theflyest said, all you have to do is get the right people to watch, and start networking into bigger opportunities. NuNu has enough eyes on him that he can turn battle rapping into a bigger opportunity.

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London
I think TMT could be very successful, they just have to hire people that really understand battle rap.

If anyone from TMT is lurking on here, feel free to hit my inbox

They already have a sorta foothold in BR, its not their first entire foray. This COULD be interesting (they've worked with norbes in the past)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
But look at Rone. Obviously he had a much better career than NuNu but he's a big deal now over at Barstool hosting a podcast show with Patrick Beverly. And he was a middle of the pack battle rapper, even on the white side.

Like @theflyest said, all you have to do is get the right people to watch, and start networking into bigger opportunities. NuNu has enough eyes on him that he can turn battle rapping into a bigger opportunity.
im not gonna talk about it anymore because i feel like i'm saying the same thing each time, but
why you callin that man NuNu? i was staring at this like what the bbl redhead got to do with this?

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Why you calling that man NuNu :dead:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
im not gonna talk about it anymore because i feel like i'm saying the same thing each time, but
why you callin that man NuNu? i was staring at this like what the bbl redhead got to do with this?
Why you calling that man NuNu :dead:
I don't know why I always do that lmao. I conflate their names all the time

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

I have a feeling Rone knows someone. Not that he isn't intelligent or personable or anything, but I don't believe he totally flipped battle rapping to that.