Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why Shine has been making a stink about getting out of his contract.
He wants to rock our over there.
He is a good choice to be the face of the league if he is willing to promote.

I think it's more that Shine has already been paid. From his perspective, there is no incentive to battle on the URL.

Honestly, he's behaving like a crackhead and dude has been looking extremely skinny lately. We can't act like what Shine is doing isn't crackhead behavior. When he was pleading his case, it really came off as if he NEEDS money.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I think it's more that Shine has already been paid. From his perspective, there is no incentive to battle on the URL.

Honestly, he's behaving like a crackhead and dude has been looking extremely skinny lately. We can't act like what Shine is doing isn't crackhead behavior. When he was pleading his case, it really came off as if he NEEDS money.
as soon as he cut his hair i thought he got sick or some shyt

Daps
That's why Shine has been making a stink about getting out of his contract.
He wants to rock our over there.
He is a good choice to be the face of the league if he is willing to promote.
I was confused when Harlem Legend kept yapping about "Money Team" in the interview with Caps, Shine & Him.

What type of battles Shine even got left that makes sense?

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Born punched his little heart out vs Magic and still lost. Magic was on cruise control too.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Agreed. These people see battle rap has a strong fan base and think it's a quick lick and try to throw cards but there's various factors they keep forgetting

1) Battle rap is still niche, so even though there's a strong fan base and a lot of popular people who watch, it's still not a LOT
2) Low key we're in a recession, people don't really have extra money to be spending on shyt like battle rap tickets or battle rap PPVs
3) You're probably gonna see a loss for the first 3-5 years of any business venture. You need a shyt ton of capital to maintain through those years of brand building

Like you said, the best method to starting a league is build up your own guys. Sure you can outsource a few URL battlers who are on the lower end but have a name, a few guys who are formerly associated with the brand, or guys who don't get booked often and aren't under contract. All start ups need familiar faces to get new fans engaged. But ultimately the backbone of your league should be your own guys.
Facts

Raw, no pullout. I can't help myself, and I know better

Aaaaand, my dikk is depressed. Thanks :beli:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually listening to Norbes recent episode about the TMT battle league. He's saying that people are jumping to conclusions. He said that there is definitely interest, but it has to make sense. Floyd isn't going to create Money Pit Battle League, which is basically what Chrome 23 is.

Basically everything Norbes is saying 30 mins into this video is logical so far.

I've said numerous times that there's not really money in battle rap like that. The flagship leagues like RBE, QOTR, & KOTD barely throw events. It's truly a business that you have to be passionate about.

Norbes also be auditioning for jobs in his blogs. He wants to be hired lol.

Last edited: