Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Who the hell is lil snap?
if you ever watched a url event in the last year? year and half? and wondered "who the hell let a child on stage? and what the hell is that lil kid doin up there while everybody talks about different ways to kill somebody else???"...
This is crazy, I'm curious what is Lil Slap actually mad at DNA Tooth for
the tooth revealed his pappy's charges

Daps
if you ever watched a url event in the last year? year and half? and wondered "who the hell let a child on stage? and what the hell is that lil kid doin up there while everybody talks about different ways to kill somebody else???"...

the tooth revealed his pappy's charges
I know but I'm looking at it from a battle standpoint, maybe he thinks his next 'opponent' will use this against him 😂😂

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Floyd and the Money Team is starting a league? We will see how long this last.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol Caps is really excited for a league that hasn't done anything. He should know better.

The only benefit another league can bring is if they're really invested into finding their own talent and developing them into household names. The problem is that's a slow grind.

If they’re just throwing “url” battles, it doesn't really excitement me, nor do I think they'll be around very long. There's an art to making money in battle rap and if they don't see results booking the big names, they'll move on.

Remy is still trying to figure it out. She saw booking guys as a necessity. Paying women outrageous purses, in addition to clothing and makeup was never a sustainable business model. If she doesn't make money from the Hitman/Easy event, she's going to be very discourage IMO.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
lol Caps is really excited for a league that hasn't done anything. He should know better.

The only benefit another league can bring is if they're really invested into finding their own talent and developing them into household names. The problem is that's a slow grind.

If they’re just throwing “url” battles, it doesn't really excitement me, nor do I think they'll be around very long. There's an art to making money in battle rap and if they don't see results booking the big names, they'll move on.

Remy is still trying to figure it out. She saw booking guys as a necessity. Paying women outrageous purses, in addition to clothing and makeup was never a sustainable business model. If she doesn't make money from the Hitman/Easy event, she's going to be very discourage IMO.
Agreed. These people see battle rap has a strong fan base and think it's a quick lick and try to throw cards but there's various factors they keep forgetting

1) Battle rap is still niche, so even though there's a strong fan base and a lot of popular people who watch, it's still not a LOT
2) Low key we're in a recession, people don't really have extra money to be spending on shyt like battle rap tickets or battle rap PPVs
3) You're probably gonna see a loss for the first 3-5 years of any business venture. You need a shyt ton of capital to maintain through those years of brand building

Like you said, the best method to starting a league is build up your own guys. Sure you can outsource a few URL battlers who are on the lower end but have a name, a few guys who are formerly associated with the brand, or guys who don't get booked often and aren't under contract. All start ups need familiar faces to get new fans engaged. But ultimately the backbone of your league should be your own guys.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. These people see battle rap has a strong fan base and think it's a quick lick and try to throw cards but there's various factors they keep forgetting

1) Battle rap is still niche, so even though there's a strong fan base and a lot of popular people who watch, it's still not a LOT
2) Low key we're in a recession, people don't really have extra money to be spending on shyt like battle rap tickets or battle rap PPVs
3) You're probably gonna see a loss for the first 3-5 years of any business venture. You need a shyt ton of capital to maintain through those years of brand building

Like you said, the best method to starting a league is build up your own guys. Sure you can outsource a few URL battlers who are on the lower end but have a name, a few guys who are formerly associated with the brand, or guys who don't get booked often and aren't under contract. All start ups need familiar faces to get new fans engaged. But ultimately the backbone of your league should be your own guys.

I don't know how involved Floyd will be in TMT battle league, but if anything, he should know this. Although battle rap and boxing are different, there are certain parallels that work for both forms of entertainment. His promotional company was always built on homegrown talent. It took them years to develop a roster that could challenge for world championships. He never signed established talent.

50 Cent came into boxing with SMS promotion, tried to make this big splash by signing established talent, and failed. Roc Nation did the exact same thing and failed. That approach has never worked in boxing. The established promoters like Tank Rank, recruit guys from the amateur system, and develop them into stars. Of course some work out, and some don't. They may occasionally sign an established guy if it makes sense, like a Tyson Fury.

Do you remember how hot Spit Dat Heat and We Go Hard were at one point? It was because they had their own talent. I think We Go Hard fell off when they started using established talent that were just looking to collect a check. They never really regained their momentum back after that. Bullpen was a decent platform because they had their own roster.

There is value in exclusivity.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how involved Floyd will be in TMT battle league, but if anything, he should know this. Although battle rap and boxing are different, there are certain parallels that work for both forms of entertainment. His promotional company was always built on homegrown talent. It took them years to develop a roster that could challenge for world championships. He never signed established talent.

50 Cent came into boxing with SMS promotion, tried to make this big splash by signing established talent, and failed. Roc Nation did the exact same thing and failed. That approach has never worked in boxing. The established promoters like Tank Rank, recruit guys from the amateur system, and develop them into stars. Of course some work out, and some don't. They may occasionally sign an established guy if it makes sense, like a Tyson Fury.

Do you remember how hot Spit Dat Heat and We Go Hard were at one point? It was because they had their own talent. I think We Go Hard fell off when they started using established talent that were just looking to collect a check. They never really regained their momentum back after that. Bullpen was a decent platform because they had their own roster.

There is value in exclusivity.

facts, we've seen this movie before, TMT league will be done before summer :mjlol:

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's why Shine has been making a stink about getting out of his contract.
He wants to rock our over there.
He is a good choice to be the face of the league if he is willing to promote.