Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of top of the head, eg. blocking battles/battle rappers on other league. which makes sense from a business pov but doesn't allow for growth

I really don’t understand this point of view considering you have been on this forum a very long time.

As i mentioned earlier, they had no choice but to create contracts. The unprofessional of battle rappers is the reason the URL had to create contracts. You don’t remember that?

When battlers were performing on different platforms (pre contract days), they would ruin their stock when performing poorly on other leagues. However, I believe the most important issue is how it affected URL’s business. What I mean by that is Battler A would battle in Nebraska Battle League a week before, and then come to the URL the following week by either having week material or choking and stumbling.

I suppose Dana White should just let his fighters go to Bellator next week, then some small MMA league in Idaho, etc. Nah shyt doesn’t work that way.

Lol I’m gonna wrestle at the WWE on Friday, go to wrestle at a house show on AEW, and then head do a show in Japan while under WWE contract.

The contracts provided structure that allowed for growth.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don’t understand this point of view considering you have been on this forum a very long time.

As i mentioned earlier, they had no choice but to create contracts. The unprofessional of battle rappers is the reason the URL had to create contracts. You don’t remember that?

When battlers were performing on different platforms (pre contract days), they would ruin their stock when performing poorly on other leagues. However, I believe the most important issue is how it affected URL’s business. What I mean by that is Battler A would battle in Nebraska Battle League a week before, and then come to the URL the following week by either having week material or choking and stumbling.

I suppose Dana White should just let his fighters go to Bellator next week, then some small MMA league in Idaho, etc. Nah shyt doesn’t work that way.

Lol I’m gonna wrestle at the WWE on Friday, go to wrestle at a house show on AEW, and then head do a show in Japan while under WWE contract.

I'm not sure what point to you trying to make, I said multiple times I understand why they make the moves they do and it makes sense as a business. But paying battlers to shelve them so they don't go on other leagues which would in turn boost the leagues profile is hurting the culture.
It's one of the reasons for the big gap between URL and whoever is second in place.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They paid hollow 10 bands to not battle Mook on RBE and he wasn't even in a contract and in the end he never battled Mook on URL either lol.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[
They paid hollow 10 bands to not battle Mook on RBE and he wasn't even in a contract and in the end he never battled Mook on URL either lol.

I remember this being false. Hollow said the URL paid him 26k not to battle on RBE. We already went over this but it ended up being false.

That 26k was a deposit. I believe his purse was 52k. They weren’t just giving him the money to give it to him lol.

ReasonableMatic

Daps

The contracts provided structure that allowed for growth.
See how you cleverly left out the battlers being this unprofessional on other leagues because URL was the one incentivizing this behavior by pushing:
“if it ain’t on URL, it don’t count”
URL, the main culture definer giving battlers a reason to be unprofessional on other leagues, HURTING the culture to PRESERVE their OWN status as #1 while damaging other leagues.

The main culture definer pushing tribalism on fans to not hold battlers accountable unless because “If it ain’t on URL it don’t count”

Let’s not be dishonest in this discourse.

URL carried the culture and deserves credit for that.
But HURT the culture in the grand scheme of things dissing other leagues and monopolizing the market when everybody coulda co-existed.
Other leagues were looking out for eachother off the strength. Moving event dates so they all could eat for example.

The quality control URL gets this amount of credit for, wouldn’t be needed if “If it’s not on URL, it don’t count” wasn’t pushed so battlers would be held accountable.

Contracts weren’t the issue either imo.
It’s things like the blackballing of battlers and blocking battles of battlers that are not on contract battling on other leagues
hurting the culture which @dutchie explained.

I'm not sure what point to you trying to make, I said multiple times I understand why they make the moves they do and it makes sense as a business. But paying battlers to shelve them so they don't go on other leagues which would in turn boost the leagues profile is hurting the culture.
It's one of the reasons for the big gap between URL and whoever is second in place.
To preserve their #1 spot and increase the gap with others like I explained before earlier in this post
The main culture definer giving battlers a reason to be unprofessional on other leagues, HURTING the culture to PRESERVE their OWN status as #1.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See how you cleverly left out the battlers being this unprofessional on other leagues because URL was the one incentivizing this behavior by pushing:
URL, the main culture definer giving battlers a reason to be unprofessional on other leagues, HURTING the culture to PRESERVE their OWN status as #1 while damaging other leagues.

The main culture definer pushing tribalism on fans to not hold battlers accountable unless because “If it ain’t on URL it don’t count”

But HURT the culture in the grand scheme of things dissing other leagues and monopolizing the market when everybody coulda co-existed.
Other leagues were looking out for eachother off the strength. Moving event dates so they all could eat for example.

The quality control URL gets this amount of credit for, wouldn’t be needed if “If it’s not on URL, it don’t count” wasn’t pushed so battlers would be held accountable.

It’s things like the blackballing of battlers and blocking battles of battlers that are not on contract battling on other leagues

To preserve their #1 spot and increase the gap with others like I explained before earlier in this post

Different point of view. They had to push that slogan based on how battlers were moving.

You’re actually trying to blame the league based on the behavior of grown men.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of accountability. Just blame url for everything right ? Lol

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Against Hollow?? Word?????? Lol, wow. Hollow 3-0…at least 2-1
Go to the battle right now and read the comments on YouTube. I don’t think you realize how many people think Clips never loses battles lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you in battle rap for 10+ years, your hunger fades away. Look at Big T, B Magic, Clips
When you’re financially dependent on battle rap for 10+ years, your hunger fades but you’ll keep putting up poor performances because you have no other way to get bread. And once you’re had a couple of times it’s easy to just say fukk my brand and legacy, I got bills to pay. But long term your stock plummets.

Guys like Goodz and Lux and Mook can be in the game this long and keep a certain hunger because they didn’t have to take everything offered. They didn’t HAVE to battle.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

:dead:

You realize these battlers aren’t children, right? It’s okay to hold them accountable. URL was just promoting its brand, they can’t force battlers to NOT perform their best on other leagues. Let the battlers have some accountability here. This is actually wild to me lol.