Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

ReasonableMatic

Daps

Respect the loyalty :wow:
Those chokes don't come cheap. Earn your keep, big dawg :wow:

but when Them People do this and have this argument against
Black people all of a sudden it’s “OMG, it ain’t right brehs:mjcry:
A78-EC0-ED-4-C78-4689-85-F2-C872-E1-DA8209.jpg

soft-kobe-bryant.gif

ReasonableMatic

Daps
URL aint build alot of people
Geechi and Nitty from KOTD
I wonder who he referring to
Kshine is one of them nyggas though
Shine aint really do shyt on other leagues

You see, before the URL,
me and the good folks over at Lionz Den
We took Battlerap,
revamped and new breeded this department
You know, I even had a couple legends
come meet us off their starships
I showed how bad Goodz was, I let K shine
ICE would freeze a nikka before the sparks went

Remember where you seen it first

- Loaded Lux vs Calicoe
full

#BelovedHood

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Technically ALL battlers start on smaller leagues before arriving to the URL.

Nitty was known, but had already reached his ceiling, hence him crying on angry fan years ago. No one was booking him. How are you built up, and no one wants to book you? How does that make any sense? A better example would be someone like Disaster or Pat Stay.

Geechi was not some built up and well known battler prior to the URL. He battled Saynt on KOTD, and then URL hit him back up.
Not all rappers have momentum when they come to URL was someone like DOT, Big K, Roseberg really popping before they touched a URL stage
All people they tried to build up on their platform
The Nitty vs O-Red and the Danny Myers battle had his stock going crazy
KOTD built up Gotti and Nitty
its an URL bias
Disater and Pat never came to URL as main battlers
URL aint reason someone like Arsenal is popular either
Geechi was still doing alot of battle outside of URL and thats one of the reasons he is one of the most popular battle rappers
Certain rappers are already at a certain level before coming to URL
its like the Award situation and Loso not wanting to do pgs

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not all rappers have momentum when they come to URL was someone like DOT, Big K, Roseberg really popping before they touched a URL stage
its an URL bias
Geechi was still doing alot of battle outside of URL and thats one of the reasons he is one of the most popular battle rappers

Diz was the main event against Rex & Roc but I don't feel like picking apart your points. We will agree to disagree

lol It's hard with the bullshyt your typing though. The consensus is he got 30d by Red, but I'm just gonna let this go.:mjlol:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Diz was the main event against Rex & Roc but I don't feel like picking apart your points. We will agree to disagree

lol It's hard with the bullshyt your typing though. The consensus is he got 30d by Red, but I'm just gonna let this go.:mjlol:
Im saying Diz and Pat never consistently worked with URL
you would never considered them a URL battler
got 30'd by Red when Red choked in the battle ok :russ:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
its an URL bias
KOTD didn't really build Gotti and Nitty. They gave them some name recognition in the culture, but URL MADE them. If Nitty and Gotti's career was Drake's, their KOTD run would be "Comeback Season" not even "So Far Gone". It got them enough attention for URL to grab them, but their battles on URL is what made them.

To me when I think of "made" I think of what battles helped you become a BIG name in the culture, not just a name.

You can say someone like Cortez isn't "URL" made because honestly, he was a much bigger deal on Grind Time than he ever has been on URL. Even DNA and Hollow you can say Grind Time made more than URL because they legit became household/big name battlers on Grind Time. URL expanded their brand and made them even bigger, but Grind Time has a right to claim them as "making them".

Geechi and Nitty have no battles on KOTD that turn them into stars. None. So KOTD can't lay claim to making them big names.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im saying Diz and Pat never consistently worked with URL
you would never considered them a URL battler
got 30'd by Red when Red choked in the battle ok :russ:

I’m aware Diz and Pat are not URL battlers, which is why I listed them. They are examples of guys who were built up without the URL. This really shouldn’t be that confusing man. I don’t view Geechi and Rum as guys that are not URL battlers, specifically Geechi.

Atleast with Rum, you can attempt to have an argument. Geechi is not a feasible argument though.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
KOTD didn't really build Gotti and Nitty. They gave them some name recognition in the culture, but URL MADE them. If Nitty and Gotti's career was Drake's, their KOTD run would be "Comeback Season" not even "So Far Gone". It got them enough attention for URL to grab them, but their battles on URL is what made them.

To me when I think of "made" I think of what battles helped you become a BIG name in the culture, not just a name.

You can say someone like Cortez isn't "URL" made because honestly, he was a much bigger deal on Grind Time than he ever has been on URL. Even DNA and Hollow you can say Grind Time made more than URL because they legit became household/big name battlers on Grind Time. URL expanded their brand and made them even bigger, but Grind Time has a right to claim them as "making them".

Geechi and Nitty have no battles on KOTD that turn them into stars. None. So KOTD can't lay claim to making them big names.
these nyggas are not house hold names at all
just bigger in battle rap
yall nyggas just dont fukk with KOTD :mjlol:
When I saw Nitty vs Ave I knew who Nitty was for years
I agree with the "so far gone" comparison
because Cash Money wasn't pushing him yet but Drake was in position already
URL was that push

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
these nyggas are not house hold names at all
just bigger in battle rap
yall nyggas just dont fukk with KOTD :mjlol:
When I saw Nitty vs Ave I knew who Nitty was for years
I agree with the "so far gone" comparison
because Cash Money wasn't pushing him yet but Drake was in position already
URL was that push
When I say household names, I mean household names within the culture. Meaning if you say you watch battle rap, there's no way you don't know Nitty and Gotti and that's URL's doing not KOTD.

When they was on KOTD, you didn't HAVE to know them and a lot of battle rap fans didn't.

It's not about not liking KOTD, I give them credit for the battlers they built (Pat Stay, Charron, Bigg K to an extent) , Gotti and Nitty just aren't two of them.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nitty battled Ars O-Red Danny Myers BMagic before the Ave
but URL made him
come on nygga all on KOTD
thats a crazy resume for someone with no respect in the game

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
When I say household names, I mean household names within the culture. Meaning if you say you watch battle rap, there's no way you don't know Nitty and Gotti and that's URL's doing not KOTD.

When they was on KOTD, you didn't HAVE to know them and a lot of battle rap fans didn't.

It's not about not liking KOTD, I give them credit for the battlers they built (Pat Stay, Charron, Bigg K to an extent) , Gotti and Nitty just aren't two of them.
naming white people :mjlol:
URL actually started Big K with that Rosenberg battle and the random dude he fried before that

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
naming white people :mjlol:
URL actually started Big K with that Rosenberg battle and the random dude he fried before that
Because that's who they mainly created. I can't think of a black battler KOTD made into a star.

And Bigg K starting on URL first, furthers my point, not yours lol. My point is just because someone started somewhere does not mean they "made them". URL did not make Bigg K just because he battled there first. Same way KOTD did not make Gotti and Nitty because they battled there first.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Because that's who they mainly created. I can't think of a black battler KOTD made into a star.

And Bigg K starting on URL first, furthers my point, not yours lol. My point is just because someone started somewhere does not mean they "made them". URL did not make Bigg K just because he battled there first. Same way KOTD did not make Gotti and Nitty because they battled there first.
Ars O-Red Danny Myers BMagic aint building someone:patrice:
this is before URL
how is this your resume and than someone else built you
alot of nyggas been on URL 5yrs and aint got a resume this solid