Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I have a question

After a battler finishes a round and says "That's my lightest round"

Is that admitting they lost that round?
Only 2 times i seen thats my lightest round turn out to be absolutely correct and they 30 body bagged their opponent. Jaz when she battled 40 and Chilla when he battled prep. Both of their first rounds
Lu Castro vs Mike P too. Took the next two rounds clear. Think its just saying this round wasn't much but my other rounds are way better
JC first round vs Surf was actually fire and a dope round of personals and it hardly got any reaction. Then surf comes back with the most simple punchlines and the crowd went nuts , surf starting off with “ I did a couple moves myself “ got this huge reaction more than anything Jc said and it was simple trash

Battle rap is so much about gas on who so called wins or loses these battles
sort of piggybacking off my last post, do people even care about talk to em
Rounds anymore or like rapping rounds ? It seems like battle rap is getting all about like these simple generic punches, it’s not even as good as old punchline rappers . It’s more about having a punch every bar no matter how weak they are and lots of times there isn’t even that one great punch every few lines it’s just all generic punches as long as it’s every bar. Almost Iike daylyt vs clips and then I think popularized by shine and dna. Surf definitely started doing it. shyt is kind of trash to me
people care, but the "talk to em" rounds gotta be somethin legendary.
It's easy to write a punch people are gonna remember, much harder to write an entire round that sticks. JC's was good, not great. Beatable. didn't zero in on anything, barely stuck to one topic for too long. had some slick shyt about having smoke for everyone but the people beefin with him in real life, allthat. i was impressed. I'd argue the rest of his rounds should've been like that instead of just trying to get back to rapping. nikka started with the PPP shyt and i thought it was gonna get dark. mans really had the blueprint and threw it away trying to fight against Surf's energy.

Shoulda never deviated. When you're on those NOME/Summer Madness stages the moments matter. Surf gave a couple moments with the Omarion bar, the Chris Hansen wouldn't like us bar, and really that's all you need. a few moments that people will hang on to. If this battle happens in a volume/litework setting, it probably plays different or even to JC's favor but alas
I wonder if Loso committed to wearing crutches for the whole event until his battle on some Prestige shyt :mjlol:
He got a torn ACL... he can't do too much but i know he can at least walk for a lil bit without fukkin it up more

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dope card

It seems completely outside the norm for Jaz to even take this battle. The payday must be good. I just assumed it was a one rounder, but the trailer emphasizes it is a 3 round battle. It’s dope that the league anticipated that fans would just assume it was a one rounder and cleared that up immediately.