Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I wonder who Slade has next because Three and Verb are both acting like he's getting lined up. Verb was saying you don't jump from Stumbles to whoever Slade has next in one month unless they powers want you to not survive.
with how Verb hypes people up and how they've been giving kyd slade small names who weren't really challengers like that (Stumbles was the first)....

im predicting the original gatekeeper

Shotgun Suge

ReasonableMatic

Daps
When the crowds don't react people complain. When the crowds react they call it gas. This shyt starting to become insufferable.
Let’s not act like there isn’t a clear nuance and truth in complaints and gass. The problem is that examples of when it was done right don’t get mentioned when people adress the contribution of the crowd (wether negatively or positively)

1) HATING with silence is a real thing
2) GASSING the weakest shyt is a real thing

(The most important part)
3) Reacting to legit FIRE shyt (JC vs Chilla) is a real thing.

People need to bring examples of crowds adding positively to the art and consumer experience in the conversation to add nuance and productive honesty to dialogue.

JC vs Chilla is a good example of how a great crowd can add to a battle by reacting to FIRE shyt, but also getting quiet fast enough to not interrupt the flow of the battle.

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mook was trash as usual (besides the Roc battle) and the NY crowd gassed him, can't blame them tho, Gotti been receiving premium in LA.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I need to rewatch the Mook/Geechi battle. The only bars remember hittin like that are the obvious NY hometown bars (pop smoke, payback for biggie), and those weren’t all that crazy to me.

I got Mook winning but I didn’t see him having the best rounds ever like some folks are saying

Edit: Got to rewatch. Nah, this nikka Mook was snappin. :wow:

Last edited:

Krs2

Pro
Daps

Yo that chick was wilding on Remy for no reason. That's was corny

Also DNA tooth Lowkey top 5 ever battle rap media. The way he edited this shyt is hilarious

And he be having real exclusive shyt them other bloggers just be repeating stuff from other sources