Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
So surf learning how to rebuttal was just him knowing what his opponent was gonna say lol I hate battle rap rn.
surf rebuttals were never THAT strong, he had a good one against john john but jjdd even called out this "wanna work together shyt" in a game of swear to god in his first im pretty sure. Surf was like "yeah i called" so i doubt them mfs rehearsed that. JJDD seemed put off by the gesture and really thought he was gon kill Surf

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
surf rebuttals were never THAT strong, he had a good one against john john but jjdd even called out this "wanna work together shyt" in a game of swear to god in his first im pretty sure. Surf was like "yeah i called" so i doubt them mfs rehearsed that. JJDD seemed put off by the gesture and really thought he was gon kill Surf
I forget who it was against, but surf rebuttals mid round with a whole scheme. I vividly remember everyone going crazy over it. Itโ€™s clear what heโ€™s been doing.

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
we want that old hitman tank top with the rope out :stopitslime: I knew that shyt was fake

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
Battle rap is pretty much almost dead. Shyt has jumped the shark in many ways.

Niccas been rehearsing, so the authenticity of the product is very questionable.

Caffeine and the production of the videos in the URL app also make the shyt look staged. Look at the Verb v Kid Chaos battle. Battles are being cleaned up and packaged in an unauthentic fashion.

Caffeine and the app have killed YouTube visibility for battlers. This creates a lack of awareness and results in a fan base that will dwindle more than grow.

Exclusive contracts limit battlers and make this shyt seem more WWEish. Shyt is corny.

A lot of these matchups have no real draw. These niccas are extra friendly now and grudge matches are a thing of the past, especially with the bag at stake.

I may need to cancel my app subscription :beli:

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Mook 3-0, his first BIG line hit me harder than it should have :mjcry:Yes my eyes got alil glassy I'mma keep it real, I'm tired of our legends and potential legends dying over nothin

Mook saved the culture don't even ask me how

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Battle rap is pretty much almost dead. Shyt has jumped the shark in many ways.

Niccas been rehearsing, so the authenticity of the product is very questionable.

Caffeine and the production of the videos in the URL app also make the shyt look staged. Look at the Verb v Kid Chaos battle. Battles are being cleaned up and packaged in an unauthentic fashion.

Caffeine and the app have killed YouTube visibility for battlers. This creates a lack of awareness and results in a fan base that will dwindle more than grow.

Exclusive contracts limit battlers and make this shyt seem more WWEish. Shyt is corny.

A lot of these matchups have no real draw. These niccas are extra friendly now and grudge matches are a thing of the past, especially with the bag at stake.

I may need to cancel my app subscription :beli:
Seems like it jumped the shark last night live when the crowd was going crazy over those basic bars Jaz & Mook was spitting

Last edited: