Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Caps put his video on private but it was good to see Lux on the live. U can tell Lux was upset about the narrative with everyone rehearsing like nah it aint everyone lol
If I was Lux, I’d be pissed about it too. He is one of the faces of battle rap period. And what he said was very real and true. Same time, CAPS, Piperboy, and Harlem Legend all confirmed that other rappers said it and kept reconfirming it. Bad situation altogether. Im glad beloved spoke on it though from the point of how the culture is viewed and not just some battle rap career shyt.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't buy it. If URL can't pay him his worth than for sure no other league can

A couple things that may have strained his relationship with URL

He doesn't like to do this new modern version of promo. URL is getting more serious about battlers promoting their matches. In the new version of the Crucible battlers are graded on the promo they do. It has to have an effect on his compensation.

When he started battling he wanted to battle Mook, and he still wanted that battle even after joining Dot Mobb. URL makes their return to NYC Mook is battling Geechi and he's slated to battle "Jakkboy Maine". If he were to sign with ARP I think he could get any battle he wants.

He has appearances on ESPN & BET I'm sure he feels like he needs Youtube drops to maintain his notoriety. Again he doesn't like doing promo. They dropped his L to Hollow on Youtube but he needed the two on two with Lu Castro to drop as well. That would have been big for him. Also would have helped Ave too, we see his situation.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about the Kanye shyt and what would happen if someone said some shyt about jay EWS in a battle?

Would battle rap cancel him? If the answer is no does that mean jay EWS don't got power in battle rap?

Or maybe battle rap is just irrelevant? Lol

Moving away from YT and having a subscription based app removes most of the censorship issues that URL would run into. Sway had the answers,...