Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
That BET list is on point af, lol, whats the complaints for?
Main complaints I've seen are no Big T, B Magic, Twork, E Hart, Shooney, Yung Ill

E Hart is a huge snub imo. All the others have a strong case, but no E Hart is a miss.

List is fine overall

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Main complaints I've seen are no Big T, B Magic, Twork, E Hart, Shooney, Yung Ill

E Hart is a huge snub imo. All the others have a strong case, but no E Hart is a miss.

List is fine overall
Ehh...iono. These are choke artists, bad w/l records, don't have tons of material, or, in Big T's case, have destroyed their legacy.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That BET list sucks. How you have Jaz and Gattas but don’t have E-Hart or Hustle? Same with Eazy, how you have Eazy but ignore Twork?
Agreed except for NJT. He choked away his status and legacy. W/L record is trash for an alleged great.

Thinking more, I can see Swave over several of these names. He goes back to Grindtime, was the Boogeyman for a minute, W/L is good to great, has a ton of 30s, and large cultural impact through Homi, Restore Order, etc.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Ehh...iono. These are choke artists, bad w/l records, don't have tons of material, or, in Big T's case, have destroyed their legacy.
I'm not disagreeing, just saying those are the ones people have complained the most about. They have cases, but there's also cases against them like you said.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That BET list sucks. How you have Jaz and Gattas but don’t have E-Hart or Hustle? Same with Eazy, how you have Eazy but ignore Twork?
Bro, Twork???? Lol. I am a Twork super supporter just on some skill shyt, he was always my fav battler…until even I could no longer excuse the habitual fukk ups. Twork don’t belong on no greatest list bro, no way…despite the impact and the talent…he is a perpetual fukk up. Eazy you could argue either way, he is on fire and has been for kind of a long time now, no fluke shyt. I feel you on Hustle, Viixen my fav chick right now but Hustle is the best chick ever imo

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
No Magic is a snub as well imo. I still consider Magic's run through Chilla/Roc/Clips/Dna/Con one of the best battle rap runs ever.

And he has good-great performances mixed in throughout his declining years. I wouldn't put Magic in the same category as Big T.

But a list like this you always gonna have a couple names that don't make it but should. Overall it's a solid list.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Magic is a snub as well imo. I still consider Magic's run through Chilla/Roc/Clips/Dna/Con one of the best battle rap runs ever.

And he has good-great performances mixed in throughout his declining years. I wouldn't put Magic in the same category as Big T.

But a list like this you always gonna have a couple names that don't make it but should. Overall it's a solid list.

Lol hell nah bmagic’s run was only 2-3 years. Yall really don’t care about longevity.