Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I was watching Peter Gunz on Flip's podcast. I don't know why it always slips my mind that Beasley was a A&R for major labels, and was Peter Gunz and Lord Tariq manager when Deja Vu dropped and was one of the Co Executive Producers for their album

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was watching Peter Gunz on Flip's podcast. I don't know why it always slips my mind that Beasley was a A&R for major labels, and was Peter Gunz and Lord Tariq manager when Deja Vu dropped and was one of the Co Executive Producers for their album

It's probably because Beasley doesn't look that old, but yeah Peter always talks about his history with Beasley.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
I just saw that episode too. How he got his name is funny as hell. One thing I liked about it was what he saying about the 80s and shyt and how the crack era hit his home and it wasn’t glamorous at all. And he definitely told the truth on what Steely Dan did when it came to royalty splits on the record; muthafukka said that they made money off the lyrics they wrote because of the sample…that was crazy.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts. Beasley looks around my age, late 30s. But he's gotta be closer to mid 40s

You think Beasley is only in his mid 40s? Based on the eye test yeah he can pass for mid 40s, but for him to be a record A&R & managing groups in the mid 90s, he’s gotta be older then that imo.

Uptown Baby came out in ‘97. That’s about 25 years ago. He was probably involved with the group earlier then that because it took time back then to release music. I’m just using ‘97 as a way to gauge his age. If Beasley is 45, he’d have to be 19 during that time. It just seems highly unlikely. Times were different back then but I just don’t see a teenager being an A&R.

Peter Gunz is 53 years old. My guess is Beasley is around his late 40s/early 50s just based on the age of the peers he was working with. Obviously dude doesn’t look like it at all because he takes care of himself.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You think Beasley is only in his mid 40s? Based on the eye test yeah he can pass for mid 40s, but for him to be a record A&R & managing groups in the mid 90s, he’s gotta be older then that imo.

Uptown Baby came out in ‘97. That’s about 25 years ago. He was probably involved with the group earlier then that because it took time back then to release music. I’m just using ‘97 as a way to gauge his age. If Beasley is 45, he’d have to be 19 during that time. It just seems highly unlikely. Times were different back then but I just don’t see a teenager being an A&R.

Peter Gunz is 53 years old. My guess is Beasley is around his late 40s/early 50s just based on the age of the peers he was working with. Obviously dude doesn’t look like it at all because he takes care of himself.
Damn you might be right. That’s crazy because he doesn’t look anywhere near 50 but he might be.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bet.com dropped top 50 battle rappers ever list and nikkas upset lmao

Lux
Mook
Diz
Daylyt
Geechi
Clips
Nitty
Pat Stay
DNA
K Shine
Verb
Roc
Calicoe
Surf
Hitman
Ars
A Ward
Serius
Jaz
Con
Danny
Math
Rex
Official
Iron
40 Barrs
Ill Will
The Saurus
Bill Collector
Illmac
B Dot
T-Top
Ave
Suge
Eazy
JJDD
Cortez
O-Red
JC
Chilla
Goodz
Marwon
Bigg K
Head Ice
Gattas
Pass
Shotty
Charron
Hollow
Rone

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bet.com dropped top 50 battle rappers ever list and nikkas upset lmao

Lux
Mook
Diz
Daylyt
Geechi
Clips
Nitty
Pat Stay
DNA
K Shine
Verb
Roc
Calicoe
Surf
Hitman
Ars
A Ward
Serius
Jaz
Con
Danny
Math
Rex
Official
Iron
40 Barrs
Ill Will
The Saurus
Bill Collector
Illmac
B Dot
T-Top
Ave
Suge
Eazy
JJDD
Cortez
O-Red
JC
Chilla
Goodz
Marwon
Bigg K
Head Ice
Gattas
Pass
Shotty
Charron
Hollow
Rone
This is just a list of the best fifty though right? This can’t possibly be in order. :dead: