Essential The Official Battle Rap Random Thoughts Thread (URL, KOTD, UW etc...)

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Alot of these BR nikkas have a trash ear for beats. Suge Aye Verb and Big T are the only exceptions..

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
FfEPEJEWQAARz3s

Stop booking Twork....

dutchie

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2 federal cases, 1 for racketeering 1 for firearms, carrying a max of 20 and 10.

If he takes a plea (which most federal cases end up in hence the high conviction rate) 5 for racketeering and 2 for firearms he still gone for 7. If he takes it to trail he might be doing Max B numbers.

Best case scenario winning the case, likely scenario 7/10 years and worse case scenario is 30 yrs smh.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
As a Tori fan it's a damn shame the downfall she been on. Got her ass whooped by Chess. Got her ass whooped by Yoshi. And bout to get her ass whooped by Twork. Smh.

Of course this is assuming Twork doesn't choke lol. Will this officially be his first battle back home since the Jerry Wess battle didn't happen?

Last edited:

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Nah you don’t fix a poor ear overnight.

When I was listening to Math talk to 38 Spesh, he seemed kind of oblivious why Spesh/Griselda blew up. In his mind, nyggas in nyc do the same shyt.

Nah these dudes have a WAY better ear for beats, which is a big part of them emerging over the years. This is why Ransom has emerged over the years as well. Production matters

That’s not a fix. Or saying Lux will get it perfectly right. Just saying that there is some hope there.

Well Spesh is different. He makes a lot of his own beats and had Kool G to put him on game. He knows how to make albums.

I agree the production matters but the right people showing them the direction is what they need to. That’s why I was like that Cambatta album is an example of that.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
That’s not a fix. Or saying Lux will get it perfectly right. Just saying that there is some hope there.

Well Spesh is different. He makes a lot of his own beats and had Kool G to put him on game. He knows how to make albums.

I agree the production matters but the right people showing them the direction is what they need to. That’s why I was like that Cambatta album is an example of that.

Lux is someone that needs to be A&R’d. I still don’t understand how he had DJ Premier wanting to make an album with him and it didn’t lead to anything. That would have been a really good situation for him because Preemo could have run the project in terms of sound and lyrical direction and Lux would have just had to show up and rap.

Ardamus

Unpopular Opinions About Battle Rap
Daps
Lux is someone that needs to be A&R’d. I still don’t understand how he had DJ Premier wanting to make an album with him and it didn’t lead to anything. That would have been a really good situation for him because Preemo could have run the project in terms of sound and lyrical direction and Lux would have just had to show up and rap.

Exactly what I'm sayin'. A&R him a little and just link him with the right folks that match his style. Premier would have hooked him up.
Lux has to speak on that some day because that sounds like he might have made a mistake not taking Premier up on that offer.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Exactly what I'm sayin'. A&R him a little and just link him with the right folks that match his style. Premier would have hooked him up.
Lux has to speak on that some day because that sounds like he might have made a mistake not taking Premier up on that offer.

I can’t imagine Lux ever giving us a straight answer on something like that but I’d bet money Lux or his camp fumbled that situation.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t imagine Lux ever giving us a straight answer on something like that but I’d bet money Lux or his camp fumbled that situation.

I think it’s quite evident that Lux prefers to work with his own producers.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of different producers reached out and he declined.

Hell Rain wanted to produce an album for him and it never happened.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 federal cases, 1 for racketeering 1 for firearms, carrying a max of 20 and 10.

If he takes a plea (which most federal cases end up in hence the high conviction rate) 5 for racketeering and 2 for firearms he still gone for 7. If he takes it to trail he might be doing Max B numbers.

Best case scenario winning the case, likely scenario 7/10 years and worse case scenario is 30 yrs smh.
Seven years would seem to be a blessing in this situation.