Reppin
Zenn-La
vV4IhEv.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Rumor: Which Batman character is already dead by the start of Dawn of Justice?

tumblr_inline_ngae1cUTGD1rfezux.jpg

Okay, for the curious: in this continuity James Gordon has, at some point in the past, bitten the dust. How and at whose hands I cannot tell you - all that's noted in the script is that there's a memorial plaque to James Gordon. This explains why the role wasn't cast for the film, at least.

What does a dead Jim Gordon mean for BvS? Not much technically - most of the story takes place in Metropolis although there are two major fight scenes in Gotham (one where Superman comes looking for Batman and a climactic fight scene) - but it could have big consequences for the new DC Movieverse. While pre-Terrio drafts of the script mentioned a deceased Robin, later iterations closer to the start of shooting don't - perhaps in this continuity The Joker killed Jim Gordon instead of Robin? That would be an interesting spin, and something that could feed into future Batman movies.

It's worth noting that we simply don't know what Warner Bros' plans are for future Batman movies. They surely have Ben Affleck nailed down for a few films, but will they keep him in the Justice League franchise and then make Batfilms that take place over the course of the character's 17 year career with a younger lead? Or will they make Batfilms that take place in the here and now, with an older Batman and a dead Gordon?

I don't think we're going to be too worried about a lack of solo Batfilms, as Batman is the lead of Justice League - he's the guy who puts the team together - and I'm sure we'll have lots of Batfleck screentime between now and 2019, when Justice League 2 hits. But it's still intriguing to consider how WB will be treating their DC Movieverse playground, especially as they're beginning it so very in media res.

* the actual title.

** although this version of Alfred is very similar to Nolan's, down to his insistence on giving Bruce Wayne advice in the form of lengthy stories. In this movie he advises Bruce on his conflict with Superman by telling him a long tale about two competing samurai who come to blows while trying to save a village.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
We don't need to see Batman for a while after Ben's done. We'll probably have seen him 4 times by the time we're done with JL pt. 2. After that they should do Batman Beyond

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
We don't need to see Batman for a while after Ben's done. We'll probably have seen him 4 times by the time we're done with JL pt. 2. After that they should do Batman Beyond
briefly putting aside my marvel fandom/trolling
briefly :lolbron:
i would love to see batman beyond in the movies. if done correctly that could be a major hit and be a nice new story while still staying under the batman name

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
briefly putting aside my marvel fandom/trolling
briefly :lolbron:
i would love to see batman beyond in the movies. if done correctly that could be a major hit and be a nice new story while still staying under the batman name

Almost got it breh. Paul Dini and Bruce Timm were in meetings to do it a few years before they decided to go with Nolan.