The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can already see that Superman fanboy youtuber Angry Joe having a bytch fit rant :deadmanny:
Why does superman have to be taller than batman :yeshrug: superman powers are his powers he can be shorter or taller either way he turns bad he can destroy the world easy as hell

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Why does superman have to be taller than batman :yeshrug: superman powers are his powers he can be shorter or taller either way he turns bad he can destroy the world easy as hell
theoretically he does not have to be but after 75 years I believe people are just kinda used to seeing the character a certain way, and that is largely that of a physically imposing man. at least more physically imposing than batman.

plus I believe that batman should be the less imposing figure of the 2 just to serve as a visual reminder that he is in fact the perceivable underdog in this fight should the 2 square off.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theoretically he does not have to be but after 75 years I believe people are just kinda used to seeing the character a certain way, and that is largely that of a physically imposing man. at least more physically imposing than batman.

plus I believe that batman should be the less imposing figure of the 2 just to serve as a visual reminder that he is in fact the perceivable underdog in this fight should the 2 square off.
Meh it's about the artists in the new 52 they look mostly the same really . :yeshrug: and we know batman is the underdog that's why he'll have to get his superman buster armor on lol

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-v-superman-is-jena-malone-playing-female-robin-1201332852/

Female Robin....straight out of The Dark Knight Returns...maybe a little tied to what is happening in the comics. I don't know how to feel about this since Snyder is taking liberties with one of my favorite comic story lines. X3 fukked up the Dark Phoenix Story line by rushing things and taking liberties too....I'm getting nervous for the film.

I will still see it but
BFw3DQjCcAI-Izy.jpg:large

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-v-superman-is-jena-malone-playing-female-robin-1201332852/

Female Robin....straight out of The Dark Knight Returns...maybe a little tied to what is happening in the comics. I don't know how to feel about this since Snyder is taking liberties with one of my favorite comic story lines. X3 fukked up the Dark Phoenix Story line by rushing things and taking liberties too....I'm getting nervous for the film.

I will still see it but

Ok ok explain your issue for me breh...you're saying because he has a female Robin (potentially) that he's rushing something?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL

I will still see it but

Odds are is that it's gonna be a not in costume cameo or some shyt

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Ok ok explain your issue for me breh...you're saying because he has a female Robin (potentially) that he's rushing something?

No, we all knew he was going to base the movie off of The Dark Knight Returns. But I think the entire idea of mixing The Dark Knight Storyline+Justice League No.1 New 52 Storyline is rushing the narrative way too much. Let's just think about this here, we are mixing a Mark Millar story with brand New 52 story. There are going to be some serious clashes stylistically. Like, where are they going to tone down the Millar story to fit in with the 52 universe story?
There are a lot of moving parts in this movie. 10-20 potential heroes/villains in the movie and tons of history. I'm thinking half the movie could be flashbacks (Mainly dealing with the universe before Superman was revealed to the world) while the other half being the battle between Superman and Batman. 3 hours min movie..

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No, we all knew he was going to base the movie off of The Dark Knight Returns. But I think the entire idea of mixing The Dark Knight Storyline+Justice League No.1 New 52 Storyline is rushing the narrative way too much. Let's just think about this here, we are mixing a Mark Millar story with brand New 52 story. There are going to be some serious clashes stylistically. Like, where are they going to tone down the Millar story to fit in with the 52 universe story?
There are a lot of moving parts in this movie. 10-20 potential heroes/villains in the movie and tons of history. I'm thinking half the movie could be flashbacks (Mainly dealing with the universe before Superman was revealed to the world) while the other half being the battle between Superman and Batman. 3 hours min movie..

I have no idea how it'll all fit together breh I'm just going along for the ride. You could be right OR there could be characters in it strictly as cameos to set something else up. Or the only parts of dark knight returns could be the friction between the two of them and batman being older. Either way, I'm down until the movie says otherwise. I don't get nervous or worry about these things anymore, I just go in and hope the movie impresses me and if not, oh well

Daps
Reppin
NYC
wow I'm just reading this female robin news now. you wanna know what my knee jerk reaction was, honestly? hop off frank miller's dikk already.

and maybe it's just me but am I the only one that thinks this has the potential to really confuse the larger casual audience? you gotta think that 95% of the people going to see this movie have never heard of dark knight returns or know any of that shyt from the comics.

I could just see a lot of ppl in the theaters sayin "since when was Robin a girl??? "

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I don't think there will be that much clash of tone because it is not like they are planning on doing the actual TDK storyline. They are taking elements (older Batman, Supes and Bats fighting, a female Robin if this rumor is true) but they aren't doing an adaptation of TDK.
The tone will likely be similar to the tone of MOS.