The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
:ld:

I didn't think about that.

They need to make that shyt hard though. Have Wonder Woman beating the fukk out of dudes.

Fred.
Hollywood bout to his us strong with this female shyt. First they brought a female Jedi and now we got female Ghostbusters what's next breh :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Bull v shyt: Yawn of Scust Ish

@FlyRy @MartyMcFly @HHR @wire28 @Prodigal Syndicate @Nature Boy Ric Flair @hexagram23 @Kill Dat Noize @saysumthinfunnymike @Ain't That Something @Still FloW @Mr. Negative @Jello Biafra @obarth @g-ice

Dedicated to the anonymous brehs behind me in the theater who talked about the greatness of Michael Fassbender during the X-Men: Apocalypse trailer, then argued whether him or Tom Hardy is the best actor in the game right now, and at the start of the Captain America: Civil War trailer declared out loud that it was going to be better than this movie. It was as if I had entered a Twilight Zone where people actually made sense.

:mjcry:
Rarely have I begun writing a review without knowing really where to start. There's a reason for this, and it is simple. This movie is so incoherent and all over the place that for at least a good hour and a half, it's like a shytty montage of completely random scenes skipping around without any sense of pacing or forward momentum.

The first hour especially pretty much goes like this:

Batman scene - Superman scene - Lex Luthor scene - Lois Lane scene - Clark Kent scene - Lex Luthor scene - Bruce Wayne scene - Lois Lane scene

Scenes often end abruptly without anything discussed actually being resolved, and absolutely no flow into the next. There's a particular bad moment when Lex is arguing with senator Holly Hunter about her refusal to give off a license to import Kryptonite found in the Indian Ocean. He then drops his trailer monologue about the red capes are coming and devils coming from the sky, and the scene ends with that monologue, leaving the whole argument between the two open.

Speaking of Lex Luthor, I want to openly laugh in the faces of everyone who even believed for a second Eisenberg was going to be a good Lex Luthor. He's absolutely terrible, an overly neurotic version of his Social Network performance written like a complete weirdo. It might genuinely be the worst Lex Luthor ever depicted, and yes, that includes Forty Cakes Luthor.

tQexe4O.jpg

On the other hand I have little complaints about Affleck's Batman. Although the praise for his performance is ridiculous (there really are no stand-out moments for him whatsoever), he carries the role well enough, but the character is mostly carried by the fact he's the goddamn Batman. Oh yeah, Batman definitely kills a bunch of people in this with no fukks given. I kinda hated it but at the same time they never pretend he was on that "no killing" shyt that made all his killing in the Nolan movies so out of place, from the first moment they kinda make you accept this Batman is out of fukks to give.

Side-note: Jeremy Irons is criminally underused, the man might low-key be one of the sleeper stand-outs in this movie.

Then there's of course Supes and Lois and boy, where do I start? There's a line in here that sums it up perfectly and I can't quite remember the exact quote, but it roughly goes like:

'There's no good left in this world anymore.'

That line is said by fukking Superman.:beli:

So his whole characterization is still complete trash and really shows that despite WB heavily promoting Chris Terrio's influence, this is still largely Goyer's story. All the nihilistic defeatism, the complete and utter lack of any sort of inspiration he evokes, this is so far removed from everything Superman should be that I genuinely hope Goyer is never allowed near a comic book movie ever again. And then there's Supes' "motivation" for him fighting Batman, which I won't spoil (and won't even put in spoilers) but it's so goddamn insulting to the character and our intelligence that for me it instantly killed any hype for the fight. It's pure trash and in the legendary words of Roger Ebert in his review of North, I hated it. Hated hated hated hated hated it! Hated it!

My favorite Superman moment of the movie though? The fact that they actually brought back Kevin Costner as a ghost vision so he could shyt on Clark again for still trying to be a hero.:laff:

6by8S2V.jpg
Also, hero cake will never taste the same again.:mjcry:

But TheGodling, what about the Batman v Superman part itself? The epic battle between World's finest?

Yeah, that shyt lasts about fifteen minutes and is kinda :flabbynsick:. I mean, it had some cool moments in it I guess but it was more Triple H v Sting than Steamboat v Savage. It was more about the moment of those two icons facing each other than it actually being good. In fact, I thought everything that happened after their fight was by far the best part of the movie, when they actually sorta team up to fight shytty looking plot device Doomsday and Wonder Woman comes in and shyt. Made me remember that back when they first announced Wonder Woman would be in this I said they should've called it Trinity: Dawn Of Justice and that actually would be a more accurate title because as said, the whole motivation for Supes confronting Bats is weak and the fight itself just doesn't live up to the potential/promise.

Also, and this will actually be my last complaint (you know, besides shytty characterizations, terrible pacing/plotting issues, no coherent storytelling and the title match being flabby and sick), there's a Batmobile chase sequence in the first half of the movie that is uncharacteristically bad for Snyder. The man usually knows his way around action but the whole chase was just a lot of shoddily edited shytty ass shaky cam visuals where half the screen was constantly obscured by lens flares. shyt was so bad it makes the Batmobile chase in The Dark Knight look like friggin' Fury Road in comparison.

I was kinda ready to finish this up and then I realized I didn't even talk about Wonder Woman all that much. Like I said, the final act is probably the most enjoyable part of the movie and they did a good job showcasing her abilities in the fight by letting her hit her five moves of doom (except it's just four, the bracelets, the shield, the sword and the whip). Also have no complaints with Gal Gadot so far, but she barely got anything to work with outside of one dialogue exchange with Bruce. Mostly she just flaunts her sexiness (hey, it worked for the Fast & Furious movies, right?) and speaks with authority.

'So what's the final verdict, my unbiased, thoughtful and knowledgeable breh?'

Thanks for asking. I actually walked out of the theater thinking that I enjoyed this more than Man Of Steel, although that might just relate to the fact that Man Of Steel is a dreadful, unbearable onslaught of mishandling my favorite superhero of all time. So yeah, not a high bar to cross really. BvS is mostly just a poorly put together movie. I doubt even 30 minutes of additional footage can restore any form of pacing or build-up to the first half, and it makes it a chore to sit through. Things sorta come together after the two titular heroes finally clash, but even that part feels like a 3.5/5 at best. So altogether I'd probably give it a 2.5 out of 5. With some luck the extended cut might pull it up to a 3 out of 5, but then those 30 minutes have to be some kind of storytelling miracle work, not just a bunch of extended fight scenes that were cut for the PG-13 rating.

Last but not least, I want to shout out the anonymous brehs I dedicated this review to once more because while the credits were rolling and lots of people stayed in their seats, one of them yelled:

'Why isn't anyone getting up? There's nothing after the end credits fools, this ain't Marvel!' :damn:

:deadrose:

PS: to all the people who spent the past year(s) trying to paint me (and others who weren't buying the hype) as a Marvel stan, there's only truth:

WZNmrIL.gif
:wow: x 100

I just...... :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Bull v shyt: Yawn of Scust Ish

@FlyRy @MartyMcFly @HHR @wire28 @Prodigal Syndicate @Nature Boy Ric Flair @hexagram23 @Kill Dat Noize @saysumthinfunnymike @Ain't That Something @Still FloW @Mr. Negative @Jello Biafra @obarth @g-ice

Dedicated to the anonymous brehs behind me in the theater who talked about the greatness of Michael Fassbender during the X-Men: Apocalypse trailer, then argued whether him or Tom Hardy is the best actor in the game right now, and at the start of the Captain America: Civil War trailer declared out loud that it was going to be better than this movie. It was as if I had entered a Twilight Zone where people actually made sense.

:mjcry:
Rarely have I begun writing a review without knowing really where to start. There's a reason for this, and it is simple. This movie is so incoherent and all over the place that for at least a good hour and a half, it's like a shytty montage of completely random scenes skipping around without any sense of pacing or forward momentum.

The first hour especially pretty much goes like this:

Batman scene - Superman scene - Lex Luthor scene - Lois Lane scene - Clark Kent scene - Lex Luthor scene - Bruce Wayne scene - Lois Lane scene

Scenes often end abruptly without anything discussed actually being resolved, and absolutely no flow into the next. There's a particular bad moment when Lex is arguing with senator Holly Hunter about her refusal to give off a license to import Kryptonite found in the Indian Ocean. He then drops his trailer monologue about the red capes are coming and devils coming from the sky, and the scene ends with that monologue, leaving the whole argument between the two open.

Speaking of Lex Luthor, I want to openly laugh in the faces of everyone who even believed for a second Eisenberg was going to be a good Lex Luthor. He's absolutely terrible, an overly neurotic version of his Social Network performance written like a complete weirdo. It might genuinely be the worst Lex Luthor ever depicted, and yes, that includes Forty Cakes Luthor.

tQexe4O.jpg

On the other hand I have little complaints about Affleck's Batman. Although the praise for his performance is ridiculous (there really are no stand-out moments for him whatsoever), he carries the role well enough, but the character is mostly carried by the fact he's the goddamn Batman. Oh yeah, Batman definitely kills a bunch of people in this with no fukks given. I kinda hated it but at the same time they never pretend he was on that "no killing" shyt that made all his killing in the Nolan movies so out of place, from the first moment they kinda make you accept this Batman is out of fukks to give.

Side-note: Jeremy Irons is criminally underused, the man might low-key be one of the sleeper stand-outs in this movie.

Then there's of course Supes and Lois and boy, where do I start? There's a line in here that sums it up perfectly and I can't quite remember the exact quote, but it roughly goes like:

'There's no good left in this world anymore.'

That line is said by fukking Superman.:beli:

So his whole characterization is still complete trash and really shows that despite WB heavily promoting Chris Terrio's influence, this is still largely Goyer's story. All the nihilistic defeatism, the complete and utter lack of any sort of inspiration he evokes, this is so far removed from everything Superman should be that I genuinely hope Goyer is never allowed near a comic book movie ever again. And then there's Supes' "motivation" for him fighting Batman, which I won't spoil (and won't even put in spoilers) but it's so goddamn insulting to the character and our intelligence that for me it instantly killed any hype for the fight. It's pure trash and in the legendary words of Roger Ebert in his review of North, I hated it. Hated hated hated hated hated it! Hated it!

My favorite Superman moment of the movie though? The fact that they actually brought back Kevin Costner as a ghost vision so he could shyt on Clark again for still trying to be a hero.:laff:

6by8S2V.jpg
Also, hero cake will never taste the same again.:mjcry:

But TheGodling, what about the Batman v Superman part itself? The epic battle between World's finest?

Yeah, that shyt lasts about fifteen minutes and is kinda :flabbynsick:. I mean, it had some cool moments in it I guess but it was more Triple H v Sting than Steamboat v Savage. It was more about the moment of those two icons facing each other than it actually being good. In fact, I thought everything that happened after their fight was by far the best part of the movie, when they actually sorta team up to fight shytty looking plot device Doomsday and Wonder Woman comes in and shyt. Made me remember that back when they first announced Wonder Woman would be in this I said they should've called it Trinity: Dawn Of Justice and that actually would be a more accurate title because as said, the whole motivation for Supes confronting Bats is weak and the fight itself just doesn't live up to the potential/promise.

Also, and this will actually be my last complaint (you know, besides shytty characterizations, terrible pacing/plotting issues, no coherent storytelling and the title match being flabby and sick), there's a Batmobile chase sequence in the first half of the movie that is uncharacteristically bad for Snyder. The man usually knows his way around action but the whole chase was just a lot of shoddily edited shytty ass shaky cam visuals where half the screen was constantly obscured by lens flares. shyt was so bad it makes the Batmobile chase in The Dark Knight look like friggin' Fury Road in comparison.

I was kinda ready to finish this up and then I realized I didn't even talk about Wonder Woman all that much. Like I said, the final act is probably the most enjoyable part of the movie and they did a good job showcasing her abilities in the fight by letting her hit her five moves of doom (except it's just four, the bracelets, the shield, the sword and the whip). Also have no complaints with Gal Gadot so far, but she barely got anything to work with outside of one dialogue exchange with Bruce. Mostly she just flaunts her sexiness (hey, it worked for the Fast & Furious movies, right?) and speaks with authority.

'So what's the final verdict, my unbiased, thoughtful and knowledgeable breh?'

Thanks for asking. I actually walked out of the theater thinking that I enjoyed this more than Man Of Steel, although that might just relate to the fact that Man Of Steel is a dreadful, unbearable onslaught of mishandling my favorite superhero of all time. So yeah, not a high bar to cross really. BvS is mostly just a poorly put together movie. I doubt even 30 minutes of additional footage can restore any form of pacing or build-up to the first half, and it makes it a chore to sit through. Things sorta come together after the two titular heroes finally clash, but even that part feels like a 3.5/5 at best. So altogether I'd probably give it a 2.5 out of 5. With some luck the extended cut might pull it up to a 3 out of 5, but then those 30 minutes have to be some kind of storytelling miracle work, not just a bunch of extended fight scenes that were cut for the PG-13 rating.

Last but not least, I want to shout out the anonymous brehs I dedicated this review to once more because while the credits were rolling and lots of people stayed in their seats, one of them yelled:

'Why isn't anyone getting up? There's nothing after the end credits fools, this ain't Marvel!' :damn:

:deadrose:

PS: to all the people who spent the past year(s) trying to paint me (and others who weren't buying the hype) as a Marvel stan, there's only truth:

WZNmrIL.gif

flair_flop.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
As long as the movie makes money DC will be fine. "Suicide Squad" is about to kill shyt too.

I'm not sure what the next DC movie is in their connected universe....Batman I think....but they need to knock that shyt out of the park. They need to say fukk it and adapt something like "The Killing Joke" or "The Long Halloween".

Fred.

upload_2016-3-24_7-29-32.png

batman isn't getting a standalone for a while it looks like

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's too late. They gotta go all in. And its not that Marvel is too light... they just make being a super hero look good. Superman is like a god but always looks depressed. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy but is always depressed and angry. That's not realistic. Marvel has fun. Marvel characters have swag. The collector even has swag.

Winter Soldier was serious but they all made being a super hero look g'd up. It's all about style but Marvel has more substance. They know how to flesh out characters.

:childplease: Captain America and Black Panther are the best characters of Marvel, and they have DC like qualities of them. Outside of them, DC has a lot more substance as characters and even their villains have motivations. Marvel caters to the lowest common denominator: lots of flash, super simple stories, great art, and ton of anti heroes without much of a code giving in to their most selfish desires (outside of Capt and Panther). That's why you can never see a Crisis of Infinite Earths or a Killing Joke or All Star Superman or a Judas Contract in Marvel. Maybe DC is a reminder that maybe the industry doesn't deserve them and that the average person is cool being average, who doesn't strive to be better.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
We all suffer in the end breh.

Most of us complain about the originality of films now, just wait until the comic book run is over and were really about to be screwed. Unless Sci-fi comes back.

(Btw on a somewhat unrelated note: I always viewed Man Of Steel as more of a scifi film then a cliche comicbook film).
This is really laughable. It will never be over. Y'all act like superhero movies, tv shows, and the like weren't out since fukking black and white and in constant rotation

Never

Ever

Never

Tell me the decade that no comic book movies came or were hugely successful....

I'll wait

Daps
Reppin
NY
Was reading through another forum and noticed this

Really I feel sorry for Superman in this film because he doesn't get a lot of lines, but Cavill does well with what he's given.

Also, in one night he gets his mother and girlfriend kidnapped, gets gassed with kryptonite (twice) and smacked around by Batman pretty badly, then he gets nuked (literally), nearly drowns getting the krypto-spear and finally gets impaled by Doomsday....it's the worst night of his life, literally !

Basically if you are a fan of Superman this isn't the movie for you. At this point I feel Zach Snyder has completely destroyed Superman characterization. He doesn't understand superman at all. And its extremely frustrating coming from a Superman fan.

I also do not believe true Batman fan will like this version of Batman either. I mean Snyder really had Batman shooting dudes with Machine guns. Killing nikkas left and right. Its a complete smack in the face to the modern Batman. To be honest I still believe Michael Keaton was the best to play Batman even after seeing this movie.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Bruce Wayne being "depressed and angry" is his THING breh. That's essentially who he is. A depressed and angry man suffering from PTSD who has the resources and money to train himself into a nightly creature of terror. That's realistic to his CHARACTER.

I'll give you everything else though. Marvel has MASTERED giving thier heroes a sense of swagger and charm that was missing In MOS, and is evidently missing in Dawn Of Justice.

I think what ultimately may hurt the DCCU isn't the "darkness" (which is a stupid thing for critics to be bytching about) but rushing into Justice League. Ben Affleck apparently is great as Bruce Wayne/Batman but people are complaining that his shine in the film circumvents and undercuts Cavil as Superman. They shouldve either done Man Of Steel 2 or went ahead and done the solo Batman flick with Affleck starring and directing, and THEN done batman Vs Superman. With both batman and superman introduced it would've allowed B Vs. S to actually BE the "Dawn Of Justice" and maybe Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg could've United to talk some sense into them near the end and form Justice League.

Be careful, these people who shyt on DC and gas up Marvel will be the same ones going against Black Panther in 2018. They like the Trump supporters that now run amok and killing their credibility of their own genre (comic book movies).

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
This is really laughable. It will never be over. Y'all act like superhero movies, tv shows, and the like weren't out since fukking black and white and in constant rotation

Never

Ever

Never

Tell me the decade that no comic book movies came or were hugely successful....

I'll wait
Dudes delusional fam. DC drops two films in a row that get shytted on and all of a sudden the superhero film genre is in danger. For some reason people keep saying this shyt and yet it never happens.

Back in 06 we got X Men 3 and then next year we got Spider-Man 3. People back then said the same shyt like :sadcam: "oh no, no more superhero movies".

Then in 2008, we got not one but two GOAT comic book movies with Iron Man 1 and The Dark Knight.

DC's problem is they let Zack Snyder run shyt and it's hurting them now.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
thank god I don't have embedded pics enabled. got a feeling yall trying to spoil the movie, judging by the responses. :patrice:

They are mostly RT screenshots of movies with rotten scores like BvS and gifs not from the movie