The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Thx for the support and please check the website and feedback is much appreciated.

www.fteswl.com

We talk about the movie for 5-10min throughout the podcast will drop a good review hopefully this weekend

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I wasn't high on the casting of Eisenberg and I did not like the inclusion of Doomsday who I hate.. but I do have high expectations for a lot of the other shyt in there, mostly Affleck's portrayal of Wayne and a new Batman. No need to try to get inside my head, I'll tell you straight up how I think, there is no agenda with me. :manny:
idk breh u have defended this movie sooooooo many times and have hella post in here and damn near all of them predicting its gonna be good. If u did all that for something u thought was gonna be a 6/10, 7.5/10 movie then all those posts make less and less sense :jbhmm:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Reviews all over the place:why:
Variety likes it, EW hates it, USA Today likes it, Hollywood Reporter hates it
different people like different things, which is why its retarded to ever listen to them

just look at this thread... dudes who got the early viewing start rolling in "it's fukking amazing"

everyone in the thread - "see we told you.. hahahahaha... we about to do a billy easy!! told you this about to be the greatest comic of all time... death to marvel... suck my dikk"

other reviewers get to speak on it - "ehhhhhh it wasn't that great"

everyone in the thread - "oh they don't know what they talking about... who listens to reviews... they paid by marvel... i only value my opinion... b-b-b-b-b-but i'm still gonna see it tho"

well no shyt... all we are, are reviewers ourselves... we watch a movie.. godfather, speed racer, matrix, avengers... and tell our friends what we thought.. only difference is, we don't have a blog or magazine... these motherfukkers ain't special. i probably seen the same amount of movies they seen in life, and liked or hated the same amount, depending on my tastes

you basically asking someone else to taste your food and tell you if it's good, when you got your own damn plate right in front of you

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
different people like different things, which is why its retarded to ever listen to them

just look at this thread... dudes who got the early viewing start rolling in "it's fukking amazing"

everyone in the thread - "see we told you.. hahahahaha... we about to do a billy easy!! told you this about to be the greatest comic of all time... death to marvel... suck my dikk"

everyone in the thread - "oh they don't know what they talking about... who listens to reviews... they paid by marvel... i only value my opinion... b-b-b-b-b-but i'm still gonna see it tho"

well no shyt... all we are, are reviewers ourselves... we watch a movie.. godfather, speed racer, matrix, avengers... and tell our friends what we thought.. only difference is, we don't have a blog or magazine... these motherfukkers ain't special. i probably seen the same amount of movies they seen in life, and liked or hated the same amount, depending on my tastes

you basically asking someone else to taste your food and tell you if it's good, when you got your own damn plate right in front of you
At the end of the day sites like RT and metacritic are nothing but fanboy talking points.

I feel sorry for anybody that legitimately alllows reviews etc to determine their taste or viewing habits. Some of my favorite music,movies,games etc have had shytty reviews and plenty if the same have had Universal acclaim and I hated.

Hell a lot of shyt gets ripped apart upon release only to gain a cult following and gets remembered fondly. And vice versa.

Im still excited as fukk to see this,this weekend. Someone elses opinion will never determine mine.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Critics are giving him that work from what I've read.

He's the ONLY casting (besides Gal Gadot's) that I couldn't 100% get behind. Critics are basically calling him an even more neurotic version of his Social Network characterization. We'll see
funny that's exactly what i said after seeing the trailer

that's his schtick... this could be facebook 2 and he'd have the same lines, same face, same voice, same everything

and now that i'm scrolling through old posts..... i see where i was clowning on them saying it was TOO dark and gritty

i mean i don't think these guys are saying NO comic should be dark.... i think they are saying this shyt is unnecessarily dark the entire time

got me over here dying

just thinking bout dude in the editing room

"ok sir for this scene i was thinking about....................." :skip:

"nah fukk THAT... use that dark and gritty filter some more... shyt worked for Nolan" :whoo:

:dahell: "but sir this movie isn't even..........." :dame:

"MOTHERfukkER I SAID DARK AND GRITTY FILTER... NOW!!!!" :damn: :demonic:

"yes sir.. hey Rich... hit filter number 1 on the board for me please.............................. again" :snoop:

still got my tickets for tomorrow at 630 booked... but the farther i get into this thread.... the more i'm getting the feeling this is going to be a letdown

and this is coming from a person who still thinks DK is the best comic book movie of all time

I think Marvel comics are fixing to hit their dark territory with this and the next few subsequent releases. However, I think what happened is from a movie standpoint DC just tried to do too fukking much. This movie introduces Batman, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, Aqua Man AND MORE...(ALL for the first time in the DC Film Universe) Why? So they can catch up with Marvel. Well they got the Avengers. We want Justice League. OK that's cool and all BUT, when you try to recreate that magic in ONE stand alone film well, that's kind of tough to do. Supposedly this is one of the most expensive films EVER made(410 million Production+) Avengers and Avengers 2 had a combined production budget of 470 million. That's a lot of money on the line for ONE MOVIE, which means guess what. Zack Snyder may be directing but, he ain't making the film that he wants.(Them Suites GOT SOMETHING TO SAY) matter of fact the Production Budgets for Justice League Part One and Part 2 are currently budgeted at $500 million COMBINED.

“DC, of course, is trying to catch up to Marvel,” Lee tells the Toronto Sun at the recent GIlette/Stark Industries event. “More power to them. It’s good if everybody does well, but they’re certainly starting from a ways back. They have a lot of catching up to do. But (the problem is) Marvel has so many heroes. DC just has Superman, Batman and maybe Wonder Woman. Perhaps they’ll use The Flash. Green Lantern wasn’t very successful, but we’ll see.”

OEFFMgx.gif

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
We all suffer in the end breh.

Most of us complain about the originality of films now, just wait until the comic book run is over and were really about to be screwed. Unless Sci-fi comes back.

(Btw on a somewhat unrelated note: I always viewed Man Of Steel as more of a scifi film then a cliche comicbook film).

Comic book movies; the last bastion of originality in cinema. I've heard it all now :what:

Tunes

Pro
Daps
Just saw it this evening,
Affleck was alright :ehh: as Batman, WW was :takedat: but seemed like a extended cameo

wtf were they thinking with Eisenberg for Lex... :why:

Shoulda picked Cranston instead :ld:

Also, Snyder been wack since 300

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
There won't be a Batman film until 2018.

Wonder Woman :mjlol:

How can you have a Justice League movie this soon? They should have done another Superman movie with Brainiac as the villain. Why do they keep ignoring a great villain. They threw Doomsday in but no Brainiac or Bizarro:mindblown:. Get Supes right and cameo WW. Drop SS and throw Afleck's Batman in there. Then....:patrice:...man fukk it they don't have the characters to pull this off.
Because DC scrambling to keep up when they just should try to get everything in order, they too afraid to give anyone else shine other than Bats n Supes and thats why marvel killing them

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Just saw it this evening,
Affleck was alright :ehh: as Batman, WW was :takedat: but seemed like a extended cameo

wtf were they thinking with Eisenberg for Lex... :why:

Shoulda picked Cranston instead :ld:

Also, Snyder been wack since 300
While Cranston looks like he'd have been perfect for Lex as we've known him. i don't think he'd work for this version of him.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps

Reasons why the idea a professional critic is so laughable to me