The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
St louis
It's obvious Marvel has set the standard for Super hero movies to be light and fun and any movie that goes against that will get trashed unanimously. While I like the dark tone they are going for they might as well start jacking the marvel formula if D.C. want any sort of positive reviews :laugh:

Nolan did a brilliant job with batman
and all of those movies were dark.
it's just a bad movie man.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
It's obvious Marvel has set the standard for Super hero movies to be light and fun and any movie that goes against that will get trashed unanimously. While I like the dark tone they are going for they might as well start jacking the marvel formula if D.C. want any sort of positive reviews :laugh:
Nah, if Suicide Squad gets shytted on then maybe, but I honestly think Suicide Squad is going to be well received by critics.

I think it's really a problem with Snyder. I'll try to find a link but Chris Nolan himself did not want Superman to kill Zod at the end of MOS, and apparently a lot of other people at WB didn't as well. Still him and Goyer went along with it anyway. So, it's not a stretch to say that Snyder probably fukked up on this as well.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

It's too late. They gotta go all in. And its not that Marvel is too light... they just make being a super hero look good. Superman is like a god but always looks depressed. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy but is always depressed and angry. That's not realistic. Marvel has fun. Marvel characters have swag. The collector even has swag.

Winter Soldier was serious but they all made being a super hero look g'd up. It's all about style but Marvel has more substance. They know how to flesh out characters.

Spyro

Banned
Daps

Or maybe the movie sucks ass and not in a good way?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Nolan did that before the Marvel connected universe took off. By the time TDKR came out the comic book movie landscape and standard was already changing breh.

TDKR was a whimper (mainly because Ledger passed), but they had a formula and stuck with it. It had success.

I honestly don't think they needed to go the crossover route this early. They couldn't slowly built up to it. They showed their hand too soon.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I'm capable, especially with my expectations being low:yeshrug:
You bout to be the only one then:skip:
And again I believe I will like the movie BUT where there is smoke there is fire, I doubt that all the critics that panned that movie did so out of allegiance to the Marvel fun brand they have gone accustomed to, and their dislike for Snyder. There must be something in that movie that rubbed them off the wrong way.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yawn of Justice :russ: This movie is gonna make some money, but those in the know...know. gonna laugh at all these fakket azz geeks. Critics eating this garbage alive. Deadpool was a inside joke that the geeks didnt realize was about them. Go give your money to Yawn of Justice cuz the rest of society always can use a good laugh. Comic Book movie viewers.....aka fukkboys oblivious to the fact that they're fukkboys. Have fun fellaz. I say "fellaz" loosely in this age of transgenderism.

'Batman v Superman' review: Yawn of justice

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
It's too late. They gotta go all in. And its not that Marvel is too light... they just make being a super hero look good. Superman is like a god but always looks depressed. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy but is always depressed and angry. That's not realistic. Marvel has fun. Marvel characters have swag. The collector even has swag.

Winter Soldier was serious but they all made being a super hero look g'd up. It's all about style but Marvel has more substance. They know how to flesh out characters.
We will agree to disagree about this one, especially when you got nikkas dancing the bad guys into defeat :francis:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
when you are invested in the characters and the story you get lost in the action and it's easy to overlook the technical flaws.

when all you can do is focus on the film's technical flaws, it probably means you weren't engaged by the characters or the story and the film failed to connect with you on an emotional level. thus you harp on what went wrong.
I understand that but apparently everyone but superman had a great showing, or atleast that's what most reviews mention.

Neither batman nor superman needs any introduction for people to be invested, both characters are more well known than any of the Marvel characters that needed their own movies.

I like the idea of dc creating a world where these super heros are already established and known instead of having to make an orgin movie for all the characters.

They may have fukked that concept up with this movie, but I still feel like this movie is being reviewed for what it's not (a marvel movie) and not on its own vision. It seems like they want this movie to be like the Marvel movies so bad.

You even said that being invested marvel characters, you don't mind the bad villians and plots .