The Official Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Breh nobody has even seen the movie yet. That's what makes this all the more entertaining :russ:

It's people who haven't seen it vs. people who take critics reception as gospel
Take the "L" in regards to the critics. I believe once they started shytting on the movie it became like a hive mind and all others followed suit. I would have liked for the critics to give it glowing reviews but I am also of the mindset that I will enjoy the movie regardless of the critics view on it bc again I like the dark tone D.C. is going for :manny:

It's a shame they probably will do a complete 180 on it but it's a business after all.:francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
. They know how to flesh out characters.

Stop it, they haven't fleshed out a single villain other than Loki and Scarlett Witch/Vision were forgettable, Hawkeye.. nobody cares about him.. Rhodes? Sadly, nobody cares about my nikka :mjcry:

I asked people if they thought Rhodes died in Civil War and they was like :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Wish my fellow D.C. brehs would just take the "L" and regroup with suicide squad. It ain't like you can make the critics change their mind brehs. All this arguing and most of us still haven't seen the movie :laugh:

Exactly

Nikkas need to relax

They knew the minute Ben Affleck was announced as Batman that they needed to lower their expectations

It's not like we haven't seen them fukk this up in the past

All that will happen (worse case) is the Shyt will flop and someone will be talking reboot in the next 5-10yrs

But outside of that Suicide Squad looks promising
And there's literally a Shyt ton of other Super hero
And action Sci-Fi movies in the immediate future

There's like 3 others this year alone

So what if it isn't Supes and the league .. Move on

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
The only way the DC train is stopping is money. If they see a huge drop off next week then everybody is getting bodied at WB. They'll probably get Ben to direct Batman this year and delay the JL movie until 2018 while they figure out the behind the scenes stuff like replacing Snyder
Lowkey, they gotta not focus on world building, and go to film making. Suicide Squad, from the looks of the trailers, looks like it's its own shyt, without making any gratuitous attempts of setting up domino effect of movies. I'm starting to side with Marvel's decision of sending Edgar Wright to the bushes for trying to go against the grain. Suicide Squad and BvS do NOT look like they exist in the same world, from what we've seen of both so far, and should the characters interact, it's going to end up like some Jimmy/Timmy Power Hour confusion shyt.

latest

If WB dropped the ball like it's being reported, then they can't move forward on a failure, and hope BvS is ignored or improved upon... they were already hoping that with the fallout of MoS.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's too late. They gotta go all in. And its not that Marvel is too light... they just make being a super hero look good. Superman is like a god but always looks depressed. Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy but is always depressed and angry. That's not realistic. Marvel has fun. Marvel characters have swag. The collector even has swag.

Winter Soldier was serious but they all made being a super hero look g'd up. It's all about style but Marvel has more substance. They know how to flesh out characters.

Bruce Wayne being "depressed and angry" is his THING breh. That's essentially who he is. A depressed and angry man suffering from PTSD who has the resources and money to train himself into a nightly creature of terror. That's realistic to his CHARACTER.

I'll give you everything else though. Marvel has MASTERED giving thier heroes a sense of swagger and charm that was missing In MOS, and is evidently missing in Dawn Of Justice.

I think what ultimately may hurt the DCCU isn't the "darkness" (which is a stupid thing for critics to be bytching about) but rushing into Justice League. Ben Affleck apparently is great as Bruce Wayne/Batman but people are complaining that his shine in the film circumvents and undercuts Cavil as Superman. They shouldve either done Man Of Steel 2 or went ahead and done the solo Batman flick with Affleck starring and directing, and THEN done batman Vs Superman. With both batman and superman introduced it would've allowed B Vs. S to actually BE the "Dawn Of Justice" and maybe Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg could've United to talk some sense into them near the end and form Justice League.